DiRTy Gossip

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

DiRT Rally 2.0 feels great on a controller though, right up there with Forza Motorsport 7. I don't feel like I'm missing out, and I can still get near the top of the Xbox leaderboards :classic_happy:

I agree. After a few controller setting changes it handles great, reminds me how Dirt 2 handled. Dirt 4 was very twitchy and you ended up in a tank slapper a lot of times.

47 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

I agree. After a few controller setting changes it handles great, reminds me how Dirt 2 handled. Dirt 4 was very twitchy and you ended up in a tank slapper a lot of times.

What changes did you make? I'm finding that the wheels lock up under braking very quickly even with ABS all the way on.

Not much really, just the steering sensitivity to 80 and linearity to zero. Works for me. Granted it can be sticky on tarmac but I think thats more to do with the coding ie too much grip maybe. If you put braking down to 80 ish I think then try the input checker and get full braking to actually be about 80 it should lock up less. Someone's bound to correct me, feel free☺ but ig works for me. 

Couldn't iron it out on sim on Dirt 4 or Dirt Rally to be honest so 2.0 is a lot better. Love it even with its issues.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

What changes did you make? I'm finding that the wheels lock up under braking very quickly even with ABS all the way on.

I came prepared :classic_cool:

In short:

Sensitivity 100

Saturation 4

Inner Deadzones as close to minimum as you can (assuming you don’t have stick drift or trigger lock).

Outer Deadzones to about 100

Edited by PJTierney
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hadiii said:

If in doubt, flat out! 😄

Great vid. By the way, your save on RBR in the i20 WRC was amazing 🙈

Out of interest, which do you prefer out of rbr abd dr2? I’ve never played rbr but from your videos it looks amazing with all the mods. 

Edited by Pieman99

News on the 206 dlc has gone quiet, does anyone know if it’s still a possibility? 

15 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Great vid. By the way, you’re save on RBR in the i20 WRC was amazing 🙈

Out of interest, which do you prefer out of rbr abd dr2? I’ve never played rbr but from your videos it looks amazing with all the mods. 

thanks man! 🙂

i like both, but in my opinion the physics in DR 2.0 are a lot better than in the 1st one and i like them alot! 🙂

Now with Monte and the changeing grip, its amazing how you even can feel the difference between snow and ice, its just amazing!

• Agree 6

8 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

News on the 206 dlc has gone quiet, does anyone know if it’s still a possibility? 

If we were right, and if the licensor at CM got their deal, i would expect to see this much later in the year, post season 2 content for sure.

15 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

i've found a g29  on amazon warehouse for 140euro   selled my dfgt for 50  so i've only payed 90euro 😄

oh man thats a steal right there 😄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Hadiii said:

If in doubt, flat out! 😄

Yees i really like that corner as well 😛

someone enlighten me how to embed videos please.

Edited by SkiddyMcCrash
Installed Correct URL
  • Like 2

In my opinion FFB is now, as it is better than in Dirt Rally. Jumping from game to game for me it's much more important to feel weight of the cars (as in Dirt Rally 2.0) than the cars feeling pretty much weightless and feeling super high detail on the road. Dr2 driving feels really enjoyable.

Still surprised there isn't optional/canned effects for those, who like to feel thru wheel, effects what you might feel in a car(tyre slip etc.). I guess it will be fixed and FFB will be even better covering all the bases. 

I always thought that with a wheel Sébastien Loeb Rally was underappreciated.  Now the funny thing is that etc r5 fiesta feels very similar (ffb and driving)in dr2 and slr. Slr is closer to dr2 than dr is. Other one helped by Sébastien Loeb and other by Jon Armstrong (+other drivers). Just some thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

Quick note/tip:

Winning the FIA WRX Championship in Free Play gives you the following:

50,000cr for Championship Podium
50,000cr for winning with Hardcore Damage
Ford Fiesta MK7 RX

Thats what I got just now for going through it all.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I played Dirt Rally with a Pad as well when it came out in Early Access; for ca. 80 hours. And it was great. But because I had the experience with a wheel before (not in DR of course, but in Circuit-Sims and Richard Burns Rally) there was that feeling that a wheel was the prefered way to drive this game. I had pretty decent Sim-Equipment before, but sold all that stuff because I was tired of circuit-Racing.

I bought a used Logitech Driving Force GT for 50 Euros, and the first couple of days I often wanted to go back to the gamepad. Because I wasn´t used to a wheel anymore. But it got better and better. And then came the day where it clicked, and  I never wanted to go back to the pad. The moment I knew this I bought a T300 RS GT. But even the DFGT is still a great wheel considering its age; and it can be bought very cheap nowadays (used).

From my personal experience I can only say that the difference between Pad and Wheel was severe. Not only the times got better, but the fun-factor also hugely benefited from the wheel. I can only recommend to try it out at some point, and stick with it. In the beginning it will be worse, but after some time you don´t want to go back. 

And to add this: I don´t have a dedicated playseat anymore; the wheel is attached to my desk, and if it´s not needed I simply put it below the desk; in a box I made especially for the wheel. So it´s absolutely no space-issue for me. I think my better half would be pretty ****** if I would want to put a whole gameseat into our flat at this point :classic_laugh:

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Civarello said:

I played Dirt Rally with a Pad as well when it came out in Early Access; for ca. 80 hours. And it was great. But because I had the experience with a wheel before (not in DR of course, but in Circuit-Sims and Richard Burns Rally) there was that feeling that a wheel was the prefered way to drive this game. I had pretty decent Sim-Equipment before, but sold all that stuff because I was tired of circuit-Racing.

I bought a used Logitech Driving Force GT for 50 Euros, and the first couple of days I often wanted to go back to the gamepad. Because I wasn´t used to a wheel anymore. But it got better and better. And then came the day where it clicked, and  I never wanted to go back to the pad. The moment I knew this I bought a T300 RS GT. But even the DFGT is still a great wheel considering its age; and it can be bought very cheap nowadays (used).

From my personal experience I can only say that the difference between Pad and Wheel was severe. Not only the times got better, but the fun-factor also hugely benefited from the wheel. I can only recommend to try it out at some point, and stick with it. In the beginning it will be worse, but after some time you don´t want to go back. 

And to add this: I don´t have a dedicated playseat anymore; the wheel is attached to my desk, and if it´s not needed I simply put it below the desk; in a box I made especially for the wheel. So it´s absolutely no space-issue for me. I think my better half would be pretty ****** if I would want to put a whole gameseat into our flat at this point :classic_laugh:

True, and be aware it is another great step from monitor to VR. I am very much looking out for they implement that. Really enjoy dr2.0 but using a monitor feels unreal now.

• Agree 1

After a very busy week I finally had some time to do a Weekly Challenge, pleased with the result 🙂

One of the VPG drivers was leading the Xbox leaderboard by over a minute but crashed on the final Stage 😮 

• Like 2

Good job! I still have to complete my first daily. Going to give this a try and see how it works out. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, richie said:

Good job! I still have to complete my first daily. Going to give this a try and see how it works out. 

Dailies are what I mainly do in DiRT Rally 2.0 now, as it like the fact that you only get one attempt and you’re going up against human opponents. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Dailies are what I mainly do in DiRT Rally 2.0 now, as it like the fact that you only get one attempt and you’re going up against human opponents. 

Yeah, it's basically a time trial without a restart button. Definitely a challenge and a fine line between pushing to the limit and not risking too much and crash. 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, richie said:

Yeah, it's basically a time trial without a restart button. Definitely a challenge and a fine line between pushing to the limit and not risking too much and crash. 

Right, in other words it's exactly what rally should be. Time trials are a lot of fun, but totally a different thing from rally.

Edited by ShodanCat
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

That moment you realise you've got to finish the weekly AI challenge tonight but you've had 5 pints.

That moment you realise it's Australia in the Datsun.

That moment you realise you f'cked up your car so badly that you're starting a night stage without any lights.

That moment you **** it up so badly that you go down to #22 in the event.

That moment after two stage wins with broken un-upgraded engine, spending most of them upside down, when you realise you're on #5 again.

That moment after the last stage when Mills tells you you won the event.

That moment you realise you've had 6 pints now but you still have to do some dailies. Because reasons. And it's Poland. Wet. Rally GT. Of course it has to be the 911, because reasons.

That moment you realise you somehow made it to top tier even though you spent half of it backwards.

That moment you realise you made it to 2nd tier in an un-upgraded NR4 Subaru even though you spent half of the time conscious.

That moment you realise you made it to 2nd tier in the crosskart daily because... no idea why.

That moment you felt like God in the last daily with the Group A Subaru and you realise you finished in the middle.

Love this game \o/ but I wish they didn't force me to do online events while drunk!

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

That moment you felt like God in the last daily with the Group A Subaru and you realise you finished in the middle.

I had an amazing feeling run in the Lancer and I was still about 20 seconds off the top :classic_laugh:

On 3/30/2019 at 9:36 PM, PJTierney said:

After a very busy week I finally had some time to do a Weekly Challenge, pleased with the result 🙂

One of the VPG drivers was leading the Xbox leaderboard by over a minute but crashed on the final Stage 😮 

I was running Top 20 on PS4 with no upgrades but no idea where i ended up in the end! 

Glad to see its not just me that has switched to single platform leaderboards!