DiRTy Gossip

22 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

If that car had seen a few more seasons use (and development) then I think it might be viewed differently. 

It should definitely be on par with the Citroen and the Focus. It's results at the top level weren't great, but in the hands of privateers it's had some success (I am actually curious as to which of those three cars has had the best results post-WRC: I think it might be the Focus).  

Yea the focus was a very quick and popular car

The Focus was very popular compared to the others on UK national events but I guess that's purely because MSport are up in Cumbria. 

Don't ever recall a C4 being out on a UK national event but I could be wrong

2 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

The Focus was very popular compared to the others on UK national events but I guess that's purely because MSport are up in Cumbria. 

Don't ever recall a C4 being out on a UK national event but I could be wrong

I don't recall seeing that many C4's in European events either. Lot of Mk.1, Mk.2 and Impreza WRCars in private hands though!

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

i have it to max and very soft springs and dampers, still way to much (dashcam)  

you see his head shaking for and backwards like a brainless zombie??? i didn't

The road looks so wide compared to in game... is that due to Codies using a really narrow FOV? Or have they just made the game track to narrow?

Edited by FLAW3D

Could also be the video's camera FOV.

4 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Could also be the video's camera FOV.

True, Will need to search out some more vids. 

It looks accurate. Playing in cockpit on a tv will give an impression of it bein narrow.

Another video from me :classic_happy:

The Lancer feels so good to drive, super stable. I also don't mind Spain :classic_wink:

• Like 1

No teaser screenshots yet about the upcoming Group B RWD cars for next week?

16 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

No teaser screenshots yet about the upcoming Group B RWD cars for next week?

There are a ton out there from the cracked versions of the game since the car model files were included back with the Monte update. Nothing official yet though, but from everything I've seen online looks good and I can't wait to get into that M1!

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Another video from me :classic_happy:

The Lancer feels so good to drive, super stable. I also don't mind Spain :classic_wink:

Dirt rally 2.0 video thread here.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, bogani said:

Sorry to disappoint you but it's a PC mod. :classic_mellow:

So camera mods are working like in Dirt Rally 1 now and not effecting online play? Has anyone tried to out @zissakos1 camera mod tool with Dirt Rally 2.0 yet? Really want to be able to race lime I did in DR 1 using this mod tool.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rygar86 said:

So camera mods are working like in Dirt Rally 1 now and not effecting online play? Has anyone tried to out @zissakos1 camera mod tool with Dirt Rally 2.0 yet? Really want to be able to race lime I did in DR 1 using this mod tool.

Yes cameras.xml files are unlocked now (the same update when the liveries were) so presumably camera mod tools will work.

A full set of edited camera files was posted here with adjusted dash cam to replicate DR1 as a good place to start:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35844-‘camera-shake’-solved/?do=findComment&comment=412008

Edited by mimimomo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rygar86 said:

Yep they work now as long as you apply them in the same way as liveries. 

Not sure if @zissakos1 mod works. I think that one unpacks and repack the Nefs files which will be deemed illegal by RaceNet. 

• Like 1

has anyone got any footage of the modded cams in dirt rally 2.0 would love to see some of the views thanks! :classic_biggrin:

That's interesting re the cam mods. I use the narrowest FOV and in most cars would like to move the camera back a little so I can see the dash. 

1 hour ago, dgeesi0 said:

has anyone got any footage of the modded cams in dirt rally 2.0 would love to see some of the views thanks! :classic_biggrin:

This is my own moded one, although mainly for replays. I added seat adjustment to this one so you can move it up/down/fwd/bwd. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

imagine the better view you would have with the oversize sunstrip on the wind screen. still a little narrow view for my liking.

9 hours ago, bogani said:

Yep they work now as long as you apply them in the same way as liveries. 

Not sure if @zissakos1 mod works. I think that one unpacks and repack the Nefs files which will be deemed illegal by RaceNet. 

no, it works! the latest release doesn't touch the NEFS files anymore.

https://github.com/zissakos/EECMT/releases

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 3/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, VilleAce said:

The updated Monte Carlo might be the best location in any rally game so far. Absolutely amazing. During a weekly bonus challenge in Monte, I saw a pile of snow fall down from the mountain on the road in front of my car on a night stage. Freaked me out so bad, I crashed 😄

Sorry about that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Another clip from the Historics today, I know not everyone’s a fan of Spain but I enjoy throwing cars round there. 

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Another clip from the Historics today, I know not everyone’s a fan of Spain but I enjoy throwing cars round there. 

personally i like the tarmac exactly how it is now,   no need for improvements

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

personally i like the tarmac exactly how it is now,   no need for improvements

I don't like tarmac, feels like car slides too easily even on dry, though would be very surprised if they change it.

• Agree 1