DiRTy Gossip

26 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

You can't see it online now, it will be available on May 7th. when they put unlocking patch on store..

New subaru and focus files are already in the game.... we will see them on youtube soon :classic_sad:

21 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I am not that big fan of the S14, but it looks awesome in that shot!

I assume the DS21 trophy can be unlocked in freeplay? 

Completely ruined it by deleting hoodscoop (yeah I know its the WRC model) but still.   Dashed my hopes of a American Rally skin.    

Side note:  Actually never understood that Subaru marketing, at that time, would allow them to delete the iconic scoop.  

7 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

great to see this in the new patch " Corner cuts across certain areas (reset lines and rough terrain) are now prevented  "

the thing is you will need to reset the leaderboards. to make it have a effect on times.

Yeah, but how did they do it? Why don't they just do it the Forza style and detect when you go off and thus either not upload the time, or have a signifier that it's a dirty lap? I don't want them just adding in rocks and reset boundaries at stage sides.

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

unrelated gossip:  dakar will transfer from south america to saudi arabia............... meh............ only dunes..........  :classic_wacko:

Didn't it start there? ...roughly anyways? Thought it was always in the Sahara but I never really followed it.

10 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Didn't it start there? ...roughly anyways? Thought it was always in the Sahara but I never really followed it.

Saudi Arabia isn't in the Sahara and vice versa. The Arabian desert is in and around Saudi.

I think the original route was from central (western) Europe, to Dakar in West Africa (Senegal)

5 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Saudi Arabia isn't in the Sahara and vice versa. The Arabian desert is in and around Saudi.

I think the original route was from central (western) Europe, to Dakar in West Africa (Senegal)

I understand that. It started in the Saharan dunes from what I know and everything I've seen about it, so going to Saudi Dunes isn't that far off.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Originally it was the Paris - Dakar rally

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I understand that. It started in the Saharan dunes from what I know and everything I've seen about it, so going to Saudi Dunes isn't that far off.

Originally it was from Paris (Europe, green plains) to Dakar (Senegal) as far as I know.

Sometime they fully transitioned to South America, because better event scheduling and politics I assume. Mostly racing trhough several Andean countries, especially Peru and Bolivia.

Saudi Arabia is sad news, cause that is proper sand desert only. At least the western Sahara is actually quite rocky and not really a "cliche" sand desert.

I hope u mean "not far off" as in it has a hot sand desert. Not as in space and location, Cause the Arabian peninsula is as far from western Africa as Vancouver is from Cuba...

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Sometime they fully transitioned to South America, because better event scheduling and politics I assume. Mostly racing trhough several Andean countries, especially Peru and Bolivia.

From Wikipedia:

Most events since the inception in 1978 were from ParisFrance, to DakarSenegal, but due to security threats in Mauritania, which led to the cancellation of the 2008 rally, races since 2009 have been held in South America.[1][2][3] 

Edited by PJTierney

39 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Originally it was from Paris (Europe, green plains) to Dakar (Senegal) as far as I know.

Saudi Arabia is sad news, cause that is proper sand desert only. At least the western Sahara is actually quite rocky and not really a "cliche" sand desert.

I hope u mean "not far off" as in it has a hot sand desert. Not as in space and location, Cause the Arabian peninsula is as far from western Africa as Vancouver is from Cuba...

How bad are the politics in Paris to swap over to South America?

And yeah, I meant dunes n such. I live in the Sonoran Desert and it's rocky mountains. I also know that Africa is a continent unlike Drew Carey.

35 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

From Wikipedia:

Most events since the inception in 1978 were from ParisFrance, to DakarSenegal, but due to security threats in Mauritania, which led to the cancellation of the 2008 rally, races since 2009 have been held in South America.[1][2][3] 

Oh. That answers that I guess. Although... even still. Transitioning to a place where... politics. nevermind.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

How bad are the politics in Paris to swap over to South America?

And yeah, I meant dunes n such. I live in the Sonoran Desert and it's rocky mountains. I also know that Africa is a continent unlike Drew Carey.

Oh. That answers that I guess. Although... even still. Transitioning to a place where... politics. nevermind.

It was security issues in West Africa not Paris.

audiocuts happens more often tham before...............  great fix!!!   😂😂😂

Myself and @richie had fun around Monte Carlo this evening unlocking the new Achievements (thanks for hosting :classic_happy:).

That DS21 is certainly a cure for insomnia though, it’s just so slow:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Myself and @richie had fun around Monte Carlo this evening unlocking the new Achievements (thanks for hosting :classic_happy:).

That DS21 is certainly a cure for insomnia though, it’s just so slow:classic_laugh:

Love to be able to drive it with a black n white film grain filter over the camera. Wouldn't be distracting due to the shear lack of speed. Just be an interesting history field trip.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Love to be able to drive it with a black n white film grain filter over the camera. Wouldn't be distracting due to the shear lack of speed. Just be an interesting history field trip.

Ha! That'd be awesome. 😃 Think we found an interesting bug. PJ will surely post it in the appropriate thread, or even contact Codies via PM. 👻 *whistles X-files theme*

• Confused 1

nooo, why the s14?? it's better the impreza 1998/2005...wrc why codies remove lot of important cars from dirt 1 like 037,306,impreza,focus 2001...

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, skylinegtr34 said:

nooo, why the s14?? it's better the impreza 1998/2005...wrc why codies remove lot of important cars from dirt 1 like 037,306,impreza,focus 2001...

I think you're confusing Dirt 2 with Dirt, they didn't remove those cars from Dirt 1, they're still there.

I think you probably wanted to ask why they're not in Dirt 2 - to answer that i would say it's because there are a bunch of new cars in there, but i'll bet money on the still available previously licensed cars to be added to Dirt 2 at some point as DLC.

• Disagree 1

Anybody see the s14 off the start line or broken down to see what it sounds like? Seen the focous alot 

54 minutes ago, skylinegtr34 said:

6 hours ago, gfRally said:

Completely ruined it by deleting hoodscoop (yeah I know its the WRC model) but still.   Dashed my hopes of a American Rally skin.    

Side note:  Actually never understood that Subaru marketing, at that time, would allow them to delete the iconic scoop.  

I have always assumed it was a case of function over form. 

Now I think about it though, the Impreza name was dropped from the performance models in 2008, wasn't it? The Impreza was the non-turbo (non-bonnet scoop) hatch, maybe that's why? 

54 minutes ago, skylinegtr34 said:

nooo, why the s14?? it's better the impreza 1998/2005...wrc why codies remove lot of important cars from dirt 1 like 037,306,impreza,focus 2001..

I know the S14 has a few fans, but I think a lot of people are curious to know why the hatch was favoured as I would say its the least requested Impreza WRCar. 

Perhaps @ChristinaMc might be able to get us an answer at some point! 

• Agree 1

Yeah, they stopped trying to make the platform work for the WRX/Impreza, they got split into two models.

• Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I have always assumed it was a case of function over form. 

Now I think about it though, the Impreza name was dropped from the performance models in 2008, wasn't it? The Impreza was the non-turbo (non-bonnet scoop) hatch, maybe that's why? 

I know the S14 has a few fans, but I think a lot of people are curious to know why the hatch was favoured as I would say its the least requested Impreza WRCar. 

Perhaps @ChristinaMc might be able to get us an answer at some point! 

the impreza name wasn't dropped until the 2015 model where they separated the branding to wrx / wrx sti

None the less, the hood scoop for a long time was an obvious turbo designation for Subaru.  From the legacy to the forester, all had hoodscoops for their intercoolers.  However, I think some of the 90s era subarus had small slits on the hood that were n/a.

Requardless, its odd they would remove it on the 2008 model.   

hmm.. do I actually know something more than you?? 🙂

• Haha 3

I quite like the s14 great noise and good looking car, the s12b is probaly my favourite do but happy it's the wrc version were getting rather than the group N from dirt rally

6 hours ago, gfRally said:

the impreza name wasn't dropped until the 2015 model where they separated the branding to wrx / wrx sti

None the less, the hood scoop for a long time was an obvious turbo designation for Subaru.  From the legacy to the forester, all had hoodscoops for their intercoolers.  However, I think some of the 90s era subarus had small slits on the hood that were n/a.

Requardless, its odd they would remove it on the 2008 model.   

hmm.. do I actually know something more than you?? 🙂

I could be mistaken, but I think it was dropped from some markets sooner than others, I think the UK was one of them... 

(...or I might just be getting the dates mixed up in my head!) 

Probably the hoodscoop of the Subaru was removed because FIA regulation said so. It was the start of FIA to.set rules for airodynamic devices.