DiRTy Gossip

6 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Thanks @gfRally i thought they name separated earlier, guess not.

I just double checked and that's correct @F2CMaDMaXX. I can't find an exact date, but UK performance variants (i.e. WRX and WRX STI) had definitely dropped the Impreza from 2010. I was 100% sure it was earlier than 2015 as one of the local club guys bought a hatch around that time and I remember him telling everyone that it wasn't an Impreza!

The name wasn't dropped from all markets until 2015, which I assume is where @gfRally is getting his date from. With that in mind, I will cancel my alternate theory (because, even if it was 2008 in the UK, the UK market alone was too small to influence the look of the car) and return to my original thought...

7 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I have always assumed it was a case of function over form.  

...the hood scoop was purely aesthetic on most of the Impreza WRCars and, with the focus on aerodynamics, I would guess that is why it was dropped. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, skylinegtr34 said:

nooo, why the s14?? it's better the impreza 1998/2005...wrc why codies remove lot of important cars from dirt 1 like 037,306,impreza,focus 2001...

because then everyone complains about rehashed content.

On another Topic:

Anyone already drove the M1 with the new sound ? Man that thing sounds so mean ! IMO on par with the 6R4. The Idle is godlike already.

Edited by paint21
  • Agree 2

Those will come with time, and hopefully better than ever. Just give it time 🙂 The 2001 Impreza has already showed up ingame on a dev screenshot a few weeks ago.

All this talk of S14; I know it's the Subaru but whenever I see S14 I think of this:

Image result for s14

Guess I've been around Forza for too long :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

All this talk of S14; I know it's the Subaru but whenever I see S14 I think of this:

Image result for s14

Guess I've been around Forza for too long :classic_laugh:

To be fair, the Nissan is the original S14! If you are going to post an S14 though, at least post one with a proper front end...

16655238821_2f044fabe0_b.jpg

Edited by tbtstt
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

found video, is this real mod for PC.. ?

How i miss Focus mk1.. (but i would rather have the 2003 one from Michael Park and Markko Martin)

Edit: found in Reddit: first picture of Subaru impreza 2008 from game

https://imgur.com/a/vXpzjrO#CjTF3YQ

edit 2 : gameplay Subaru Impreza 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofCOt-1Y_ug&feature=youtu.be

Edited by dani211212
adding conntent
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

How come some people have access to content that is 3 weeks away? Seems like that Subaru is NR4 and not 2000cc.

Edited by Riggs

they will using a cracked version. which is annoying.

Found another Video with Focus RS rally 2007

In this video, player uses one of pattern livery, i hope that is not hint that we dont get somekind official livery, and we get again that made up Castrol livery as official, it looked very Cheap in Dirt 4

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Im nt a fan of this kind of leaked content but, at least they sound good.  They really have upped the level of quality with the sound in DR2.0

Edited by gfRally

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

How come some people have access to content that is 3 weeks away? Seems like that Subaru is NR4 and not 2000cc.

That would be a great shame, just as we were getting  excited for a new fresh car that wasn’t in the previous game (thinking it was the wrc s14) it turns out it’s the nr4 😩

Just now, Pieman99 said:

That would be a great shame, just as we were getting  excited for a new fresh car that wasn’t in the previous game (thinking it was the wrc s14) it turns out it’s the nr4 😩

I can be wrong, maybe it's just the noob driving it. I've seen him put 6th gear, doesnt the NR4 only have 5th?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I can be wrong, maybe it's just the noob driving it. I've seen him put 6th gear, doesnt the NR4 only have 5th?

Hmm, i can’t remember how many gears it has but someone posted in the Roadbook 08/04/19 thread that it will be the third car for the nr4 category, apparently there is a pic of it on the psn store, so it’s not looking hopeful that it’s the wrc car 😩

2 thirds down the page...

Edited by Pieman99
  • Sad 1

Well it's a competition interior, not a production model interior so I believe, if it's accurate, it's the wrc 2000cc version.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Don't know if it's the same car you are talking, but in DR1, the R4 Impreza has 6 gears, as far as i recall...

Edited by Opassac

Well that's definitely an S14 engine bay! 

efmHLlA.jpg

Great attention to detail. Always irks me when the exterior is perfect but the engine looks wrong! (Like the Polo R)

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Opassac said:

Don't know if it's the same car you are talking, but in DR1, the R4 Impreza has 6 gears, as far as i recall...

It was discussed elsewhere recently (maybe on Discord), but if I recall correctly the JRM NR4 Impreza has a 5 speed box. 

• Agree 1

Are we all still talking about the 2 locked cars for this week? Is it not already known they are both 2000cc cars? Confirmed for reasons...

8 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Are we all still talking about the 2 locked cars for this week? Is it not already known they are both 2000cc cars? Confirmed for reasons...

Well I (along with everyone else I think!) had automatically assumed that they were new additions to the 2000cc class, however a post by @gleylancer571 in this thread: 

Says that the Impreza is in R4 @Mike Dee: so there seems to be some confusion!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Well I (along with everyone else I think!) had automatically assumed that they were new additions to the 2000cc class, however a post by @gleylancer571 in this thread: 

Says that the Impreza is in R4 @Mike Dee: so there seems to be some confusion!

Why is the Subaru snow visible in the background? Actually, Germany would have to be seen
Is it really the Subaru that comes before Germany?
A vehicle update in two different classes?

Edited by gleylancer571

rain @ night on DR1

u1w1na.jpg

immersive, scary, drivable; fun

rain @ night on DR2
0io2dm.jpg

unimmersive, ugly, instant retire because it's like driving blindfolded; not fun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

5 minutes ago, chukonu said:

rain @ night on DR1

u1w1na.jpg

rain @ night on DR2
0io2dm.jpg

unimmersive, ugly, instant retire because it's like driving blindfolded; not fun

Spot on! I've stopped playing DR2 recently, in part because of all the night time, rainy stages.

• Agree 1

That's exactly what I'm talking about. DR1 night lighting is more accurate I think, and drivable. What was wrong with DR1 night was when the lights went bust you could still see the road and that's the only thing that needed fixing.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dani211212 said:

found video, is this real mod for PC.. ?

How i miss Focus mk1.. (but i would rather have the 2003 one from Michael Park and Markko Martin)

Edit: found in Reddit: first picture of Subaru impreza 2008 from game

https://imgur.com/a/vXpzjrO#CjTF3YQ

edit 2 : gameplay Subaru Impreza 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofCOt-1Y_ug&feature=youtu.be

i Think its a Season Two Content  beaucse its The Ford Focus 2001 and i guess The Other Cars are : Lancia 037,Subaru Impreza WRC,Peugot 306 Maxi and Seat Ibiza,

And The Tracks : Wales,Finnland and Greece .it is Known Season Two That will be become 3 Tracks

image.png

Edited by gleylancer571

38 minutes ago, chukonu said:

rain @ night on DR1

u1w1na.jpg

rain @ night on DR2
0io2dm.jpg

For some reason it is better so set wheather on "low" then it is sort of driveable.

• Agree 3