DiRTy Gossip

On 4/27/2019 at 8:18 PM, J89 said:

This is a really boring game nowadays. Don't give me anything, boring arcade ****.

yeah seeing your account no-one agreed with any of your posts so far... alot did disagree in fact. 

i see where thats coming from..  here's my 2 cents... buy a wheel setup.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

yeah seeing your account no-one agreed with any of your posts so far... alot did disagree in fact. 

i see where thats coming from..  here's my 2 cents... buy a wheel setup.

To be honest, sometimes this is a pretty fun game, of course, quite boring.

This is not a rally simulator, more a sequel to the dirt series, in my opinion.

Edited by J89

15 minutes ago, J89 said:

You my friend, are just not going fast enough.. i would love to see your top times on these "boring" track/car combo's. or a replay of some kind. 

Cant imagine it being that bad on controller.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

i would love to see your top times on these "boring" track/car combo's. or a replay of some kind. 

+1

Evidence tops conjecture

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

46 minutes ago, J89 said:

Do you consider Dirt Rally a simulator? 

2 minutes ago, bogani said:

Do you consider Dirt Rally a simulator? 

No.

The only boring thing here is the mantra-like repeated and same unfounded nonsense spread by Mr. J89. Not very creative either :classic_rolleyes:

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Handling was good before the patch.

• Haha 3
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, J89 said:

handling is the same

you still have produced no supporting evidence after what - 2 months of complaining? when i see something wrong with the game, i take a screenshot and post it. you haven't even seen your times improve!

stop annoying us with your nonsense and go talk about something you actually know about

5cf0a238880cf93e6eea80adb9ac07e3.gif

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

37 minutes ago, J89 said:

I have no issues with the handling on controller. The handling is great and apart from the tarmac being a bit off, which wheel users have also said, it's good. I may not be at the top of the tree but I find a sense of achievement by going that bit quicker, or getting a string of hairpins right, being a bit braver on fast sections. It's not a sim like Richard Burns was but it's way better than the WRC franchise. I got WRC6 as a free download and it sucks. Pretty is no good if it handles like a broken supermarket trolley. DR2 has both looks and great physics. The core of the game is good. Yes it needs some tweaks (FFB for wheel users/rain graphics/stage time variation etc) but I've hardly touched Battlefield V / Forza Horizon 4 (which incidentally is very much arcade but fun) / Warthunder since I got DR2. If it's so boring go back to Mario Cart.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, J89 said:

Naaah, dya think? Here I thought the DiRT in the title was a dead giveaway.

3 hours ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

Cant imagine it being that bad on controller.

Oh it's bad. For me anyways. I don't know why, but the cars are really hard to control accurately. And since I can't really run the game in triples anymore I don't like taking up my entire desk space with a wheel for single screen, so I'm stuck in having to do 1 of 2 things I frankly don't really like.

45 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

I have no issues with the handling on controller. The handling is great and apart from the tarmac being a bit off, which wheel users have also said, it's good. I may not be at the top of the tree but I find a sense of achievement by going that bit quicker, or getting a string of hairpins right, being a bit braver on fast sections. It's not a sim like Richard Burns was but it's way better than the WRC franchise. I got WRC6 as a free download and it sucks. Pretty is no good if it handles like a broken supermarket trolley. DR2 has both looks and great physics. The core of the game is good. Yes it needs some tweaks (FFB for wheel users/rain graphics/stage time variation etc) but I've hardly touched Battlefield V / Forza Horizon 4 (which incidentally is very much arcade but fun) / Warthunder since I got DR2. If it's so boring go back to Mario Cart.

I find it nearly impossible to go fast on a controller. I went through some campaign and was struggling like crazy in the beginning stages, then switched to the wheel and was instantly 15-20 seconds faster than the leader AI. The car just spins uncontrollably a lot.

4 hours ago, J89 said:

So you did consider it a sim before Dirt Rally 2.0 received the unique infamous V2 imaginary physics patch that was only deployed to you and two other people? 

3 hours ago, gfRally said:

Thought I would leave this here:  

Injectable camera for Dirt Rally 2.0 camera tools (Game Version v1.3.0)

by Ghostinthecamera

https://github.com/ghostinthecamera/IGCS-GITC/releases

Thought it would be good to spread around till CM does one.   

Unsure of what it does, any footage?

29 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Unsure of what it does, any footage?

Supposed to give you photomode in replays if I remember that thread correctly.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, bogani said:

So you did consider it a sim before Dirt Rally 2.0 received the unique infamous V2 imaginary physics patch that was only deployed to you and two other people? 

Explain why cars became easier to drive after 1.02 patch?

• Haha 1

Just now, J89 said:

Explain why cars became easier to drive after 1.02 patch?

A) You got better

B) Your game settings were tweaked slightly (or maybe the underlying way the game interprets settings changed) and it resulted in an easier config for you

C) There was a solar flare at the exact right instance you were downloading the update which patched your game in such a way to keep it compiled and launching, but altered the underlying engine in such a way to make it easier while also still bypassing the security and hacking features built into the game AND the platform

D) You an alien

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mike Dee said:

A) You got better

B) Your game settings were tweaked slightly (or maybe the underlying way the game interprets settings changed) and it resulted in an easier config for you

C) There was a solar flare at the exact right instance you were downloading the update which patched your game in such a way to keep it compiled and launching, but altered the underlying engine in such a way to make it easier while also still bypassing the security and hacking features built into the game AND the platform

D) You an alien 

It was just what I felt, a few other players felt the same. But yeah, maybe it was a placebo maybe not.

I don't even care anymore.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2019 at 12:32 AM, J89 said:

Graphics and car sounds are great. Cars weight are also good, but the most important thing is driving and that´s boring and easy, no 

2zrbm0.jpg

Edited by cafe5150
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I find it nearly impossible to go fast on a controller. I went through some campaign and was struggling like crazy in the beginning stages, then switched to the wheel and was instantly 15-20 seconds faster than the leader AI. The car just spins uncontrollably a lot.

I'm the total opposite, much faster with a pad

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Well everyone else but me seems to be having a grand ol time with the controller. I recently played Grid 2, Dirt Showdown... shudder..., Burnout Paradise, Flatout 2, and when I go to my buddies house I play Forza 7 and the Horizon games and have zero issues in any of those. I don't know what it apparently is about my setup, but I hate the way DR2 plays with a pad and I frankly find it boring and... easy... (maybe there WAS a secret physics change :classic_unsure:)with a wheel. Haven't played it much as a result.

I mean, okay, I haven't tried Sweden with a wheel, but I tried a daily or weekly on it with a controller and it was bloody awful. Monte was... okay. Manageable at least.

44 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Well everyone else but me seems to be having a grand ol time with the controller. I recently played Grid 2, Dirt Showdown... shudder..., Burnout Paradise, Flatout 2, and when I go to my buddies house I play Forza 7 and the Horizon games and have zero issues in any of those. I don't know what it apparently is about my setup, but I hate the way DR2 plays with a pad and I frankly find it boring and... easy... (maybe there WAS a secret physics change :classic_unsure:)with a wheel. Haven't played it much as a result.

I mean, okay, I haven't tried Sweden with a wheel, but I tried a daily or weekly on it with a controller and it was bloody awful. Monte was... okay. Manageable at least.

Hey, I think @PJTierney has some controller setup ideas that can make it feel better and more natural. 

2 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

I have only used a wheel three times and I was nowhere near my controller times. Sure that would change with a bit (OK a lot) of practise. 

35 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I have only used a wheel three times and I was nowhere near my controller times. Sure that would change with a bit (OK a lot) of practise. 

sure it nees some application on the start, but once you started  you will never go back,guaranteed!  😂