17 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

Just passing through with a gift. 

C36FAB00-8414-49FD-9A11-7B8E68D7C500.png

This is awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Cdnrally said:

I just won Masters but only by the process of elimination.... being that the top AI driver dnf’ed or dropped down the order twice. I’ve posted all this in another thread but the AI is all over the map, for the 2000cc class anyway. Australia was a breeze (won every stage) but every other rally the one top driver, when not crashing out was kicking my behind and WAY ahead of everyone else. I’ve posted a few examples.

As you can see I’m 4 seconds behind 2nd place which is totally fine but for 1st to be 15 seconds faster then that?!! Same issue with the second stage.... I’ll go as far as to say those 1st place times are not even attainable! I’d love to be proven wrong though if someone as video evidence. The final pic is the overall rally times. Don’t get me wrong time can be had with further practice etc., but almost 1:30... no way, not from me anyway.

7C932287-B227-4B5D-A29F-694CBCB9ACA3.jpeg

91AF5DA0-C899-48F5-AA57-0D3A6DECFE8C.jpeg

7D43BB08-3D44-421A-A725-5F29139C577C.jpeg

That's Lukyanuk undercover 😄 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

Thanks for posting. Interesting that the 2001 focus was in previous games yet they are recording the sound for it now?

that livery would be immense though 😍

i guess it was likely that this car would be recycled, however what i am excited about is that that post helps add weight/credibility to the car sound recordings of the late 90’s impreza and 1992 legacy actually being for dirt rally 2!

Edited by Pieman99
  • Like 3

I innocently thought the Focus already had a close to real sound, but having the real one guaranteed is a marvel.

35 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

Nice! Good find!

If they nail the in car sound for the focus I'll be super happy. 

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I innocently thought the Focus already had a close to real sound, but having the real one guaranteed is a marvel.

This was the recording session from Colin McRae Rally 2, so I think the recordings are well overdue.

true it was the correct car that we have been hearing but New tech will make it better.

56D3674E-6FF1-4EBA-B170-2763A67474FD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

Thanks for posting. Interesting that the 2001 focus was in previous games yet they are recording the sound for it now?

that livery would be immense though 😍

i guess it was likely that this car would be recycled, however what i am excited about is that that post helps add weight/credibility to the car sound recordings of the late 90’s impreza and 1992 legacy actually being for dirt rally 2!

The Martini livery is not going to happen, it would go against their PEGI rating. Williams didn't have it either in all Codies F1 games so they don't have a good record with alcohol sponsors

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

can someone please explain me why dashcam is way more rear than cockpit view in c4???   😂😂😂

20190510150046_1.jpg

20190510150056_1.jpg

23 minutes ago, carpa said:

The Martini livery is not going to happen, it would go against their PEGI rating. Williams didn't have it either in all Codies F1 games so they don't have a good record with alcohol sponsors

Very true, hadn’t thought of that ☹️

Looks like we’ll get more plain liveries to match the 2007 focus ....

45 minutes ago, carpa said:

team-warsteiner-11-3812-image-full.webp

Raceroom have a nice trick for this 😉

They also have Martini Racing liveries. Might be different rules for them somehow, they also have cars with cigarette adverts.

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

can someone please explain me why dashcam is way more rear than cockpit view in c4???   😂😂😂

20190510150046_1.jpg

20190510150056_1.jpg

It's not an issue with position but with field of view being vastly different between the two. Just look at the size difference between those Aplinestars red banners. If you have field of view set to very low then there is nothing wrong about these pictures.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Pistro said:

It's not an issue with position but with field of view being vastly different between the two. Just look at the size difference between those Aplinestars red banners. If you have field of view set to very low then there is nothing wrong about these pictures.

i disagree,  this thing only happens with the c4,   and fov   are the same  in all 2 screenshots

Edited by teknoid85

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i disagree,  this thing only happens with the c4,   and fov   are the same  in all 2 screenshots

I see. I don't own C4 so can't confirm it, but if it only happens with C4 for you then someone probably made a mistake and plugged a wrong fov value for the dashcam, which can't be changed manually, so it could be considered as a bug.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, carpa said:

Gotta love how @ChristinaMc reacted to this. They either have a solution for this, or she is a Martini White fan. I hope for the former, to be honest

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

The dash cam is fixed and will not change to FOV adjustments, i don't recall exactly by I think it's 5 or 6 clicks from the left. 

Lets say you have your FOV set at 2 clicks from the left, you will appear as being much closer to the windscreen switching from dash to cockpit cam. Don't forget you can adjust your seat in cockpit cam though. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, bogani said:

The dash cam is fixed and will not change to FOV adjustments, i don't recall exactly by I think it's 5 or 6 clicks from the left. 

Lets say you have your FOV set at 2 clicks from the left, you will appear as being much closer to the windscreen switching from dash to cockpit cam. Don't forget you can adjust your seat in cockpit cam though. 

i don't understand exaclty what you mean.

my point is that dashcam is more rear than cockpit view, with the same fov, and that's for sure an issue

Edited by teknoid85
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

i think something is gonna passed  unseen for most.......  😂

netx week or at latest the week after we get the new FFB  😄

Edited by teknoid85

12 hours ago, Murikka said:

Wait... What?

There is nothing wrong with boxy cars and 80's music is epic af. 

W.A.S.P, Gamma Ray, Anthrax, Great White, Warrant, Helloween and so on. Best music ever. 

When the cars look like my drawings when I was 5, sans the obligatory guns and flames, it's an ugly car.

As far as 80's thrasher music, well let's face it, most music isn't. It's very base and doesn't really take a lot of talent. It was a passing trend along with cheesy synth lines and the "punchy" drum hits of Phil Collins' recording error.

10 hours ago, tbtstt said:

The fact that you have mentioned both Aliens and Slayer, yet not changed your opinion is deeply concerning. This now throws every opinion you have ever had into doubt. 

I won't argue with the style point, but the 80's gave us some of the greatest movies of all time (including Die Hard, the best film ever made), was an incredible period for pop, thrash and rap music, plus it gave us Group A, Group B and Group C category racing. 

I'll admit, Alien/s is on my to watch list as I've only seen AVP, which is universally regarded as dumb. The point about Slayer still stands.

Die Hard (and pretty much every other action movie) are decent ways to enjoy lovely gratuitous violence, but it is not a Christmas movie, it released in June. The Marvel movies are "decent" too, but they're basically pop music at this point and don't do anything other than be decent. The pop music of the 80's is only slightly better than the "pop" disco of the 70's. I'm not even going to go into how lazy rap music is. And Milli Vanilli.

9 hours ago, bogani said:

Wow. You must be fun at parties? Oh wait, I assume you don't like parties. You only like to watch co-drivers burn. 

I don't like 80's parties. Aside from Disco, I like the 20's through 70's, skip the majority of the awful cocaine fueled 80's, and start to ignore the major labels afterwards as it started to fill with derivative, repetitive garbage, most of which is written by a single person.