DiRTy Gossip

12 hours ago, SkyRex said:

So I might have some Gossip, maybe,

I mentioned before, that I think the Country flags in the game are not randomly picked. At least on the Rally locations I have never seen any flag, that doesn't have a location ingame OR is a location from DiRT Rally 1.

Now I'm doing the Fia WRX and have noticed something. But first, also something that might compromise the find, these two flagrows in Hell and Höljes:

20190511001310_1.thumb.jpg.da2f47176624afa7cf240728e6d3bd96.jpg20190511003332_1.thumb.jpg.a7b531eafa32e5a633d235378ff5dc49.jpg

They both have pretty much the same flags, but some of them violate my assumption that all Flags will eventually be locations ingame. Finland and germany are probably coming, but there are also these on the Pole-Rows: Lithuania, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Czechia, Netherlands, Denmark, Slovakia...

But also, those Flag-Rows are real life recreations, these are there on the real track. So MAYBE they are out of the equation, since every "wild" flag follows my assumption (In fans, on wall, lone flag in crowd, etc.) All of those wild flags are representing locations in the game, plus also Germany, Wales, Greece and Finland, which are very likely DLC candidates already.

But in Silverstone RX I just now found a wild flag that doesn't align:

20190510233958_1.thumb.jpg.1395f8b63b05a8975d004ec4053a5b9e.jpg

From the right you see Belgium (Mettet RX, ingame) and left of it there is a Flag of Mexico.

If you realize which major other places are completely absent (Italy, Japan, China), seeing something like Mexico (which is a WRC location) caught my attention.

Maybe a hint for Rally location Nr. 13 or 14 ? Or maybe it's really just a random Mexico flag.

If Rally Mexico comes in, I'd be SUPER happy. Every time I watch the WRC I can't help but think the stages and the setting look visually GREAT... 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

holy ****, is that car ugly 🤮

one of the biggest mistakes of the 80's 😂

That's right, but eighties cars must be fat and ugly, and best still brown, yellow,orange and black rooftop
it was exactly this our neighbor had

image.thumb.png.bda155bed3ab2de255fe258716d649ed.png

image.png

Edited by gleylancer571

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

here you go,  i also have posted two screenshots with the SAME fov  for the ford fiesta r5

20190511120301_1.jpg

20190511120502_1.jpg

20190511120505_1.jpg

As I thought. You have your FoV set as wide(far to the right) as possible. Only the cockpit cam is affected by the FoV slider, the dashcam is fixed at default FoV and will not change, therefore you get the difference you see between the two cameras. 

Edit: Sorry, you have your FoV slider as narrow as possible(far to the left). 

Edited by bogani

1 minute ago, bogani said:

As I thought. You have your FoV set as wide(far to the right) as possible. Only the cockpit cam is affected by the FoV slider, the dashcam is fixed at default FoV and will not change, therefore you get the difference you see between the two cameras. 

you still don't get my concern:   why is the dashboard cam  IN THE C4  soooo way rear?

57 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

you still don't get my concern:   why is the dashboard cam  IN THE C4  soooo way rear?

No idea. That's where Codemasters placed it. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bogani said:

No idea. That's where Codemasters placed it. 

that's a bug imho

• Disagree 1

The C4 is not the only car where the dashcam is placed that far back, though. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, richie said:

The C4 is not the only car where the dashcam is placed that far back, though. 

wich other one?  for sure c4 is the worst of all

Edited by teknoid85

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

wich other one?  for sure c4 is the worst of all

I'm not entirely sure now but I think the Peugeot R5 is very similar. I use quite often cockpit cam with the seat position moved all the way to the front when dashcam is - at least to my liking - too far back in the car. 

Posted (edited)

So I did some proper testing to determine whether ruts, that appear during subsequent stages of road degradation, have any effect, other than visual. I want to be clear, I wasn't looking to prove or disprove anything. I was just curiours as to what is actually going on. More specifically I was looking to see what effect road degradation has in three key areas: steering wheel force feedback, overall grip, suspension and tyre interaction with the surface. Here's what I found:

1. Force Feedback

Setup: PC, Logitech G920, 540 degrees of rotation

In-game FFB settings (game files not modified):

Self Aligning Torque: 70

Wheel Friction: 0

Tyre Friction: 150

Suspension: 150

Collision: 150

Steering Centre Force: off

Methodology: I drove on the same stretch of road, at a constant speed of 50 km/h and at racing speeds, using the same car with the same tuning, in the same conditions, back to back during two different stages of degradation: 1. No degradation; 2. Third stage of degradation. I used two different techniques of holding a steering wheel: 1. Hands firmly gripping the wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock; 2. Same hand placement but holding the wheel with just the fingertips (this technique allows to feel even the slightests forces).

Results: No difference between 1. No degradation and 2. Third stage of degradation. Only force I could feel was the force of self aligning torque trying to pull the car, due to gravity, because of uneven road surface (3D mesh). On relatively flat and straight parts of the road there were no forces acting on the wheel.

2. Overall grip

Methodology: I did two perfectly clean maximum attack runs, on the same stage, using the same car, with the same tuning and engine upgrade level, in the same conditions, on the same tyre compound, back to back during two different stages of degradation: 1. No degradation; 2. Third stage of degradation.

Results: 1. No degradation stage time: 3:51; 2. Third stage of degradation stage time: 3:48. Admittedly, two runs is not enough to determine, with 100% certainty, whether there is a difference in overall grip, but the results suggest that there is more overall grip when the road surface is degraded.

3. Suspension and tyre interaction with the surface

Methodology: I drove on the same stretch of road, at racing speeds, using the same car with the same tuning and engine upgrade level, in the same conditions, back to back during two different stages of degradation: 1. No degradation; 2. Third stage of degradation, concentrating on camera movement (which was set to maximum shake) and car behaviour.

Results: No visible difference between 1. No degradation and 2. Third stage of degradation.

I don't deny that the results might differ, depending on hardware or game settings, and I encourage you to do similar tests.

Edited by Pistro

25 minutes ago, Pistro said:

So I did some proper testing to determine whether ruts, that appear during subsequent stages of road degradation, have any effect, other than visual. I want to be clear, I wasn't looking to prove or disprove anything. I was just curiours as to what is actually going on. More specifically I was looking to see what effect road degradation has in three key areas: steering wheel force feedback, *SNIP"

As I understand it, the degradation setting just sets how the system works and not the actual degradation of a stage.

As in: No degradation = every stage will remain fresh during a rally

Full degradation = degradation of stage is fully dependent on your running order.

So, to add any significant value to ur research, you should make sure what the degradation in the Service Parks says, right before the stage. And not on the Menu setting u chose. As far as I assume, there is no way to set a stage to very degraded in settings. Choose Full degradation with a rally with two stages. Get last position in first stage. And now you should be far back in running order to see a very degraded in the second stage.

Please correct me anyone, but this is how I understood the settings ?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, tea3k said:

OMG what a crash

I just can't watch rally crashes if I don't hear; OI OI OI OI OI, LIINAA PERSEESEEN! or PERÄ TIELLE!

And no, you can't translate those with google translate. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tea3k said:

OMG what a crash

VEERY bad crash. Luckily all the energy of the impacts was taken by the car (which is, in fact, destroyed) so the two were able to walk away from it with no serious injuries. Speaking of walking away, do you think it was the right call to get them out so quickly? As far as the spectators knew the situation could have been wayyy worse 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

As I understand it, the degradation setting just sets how the system works and not the actual degradation of a stage.

As in: No degradation = every stage will remain fresh during a rally

Full degradation = degradation of stage is fully dependent on your running order.

So, to add any significant value to ur research, you should make sure what the degradation in the Service Parks says, right before the stage. And not on the Menu setting u chose. As far as I assume, there is no way to set a stage to very degraded in settings. Choose Full degradation with a rally with two stages. Get last position in first stage. And now you should be far back in running order to see a very degraded in the second stage.

Please correct me anyone, but this is how I understood the settings ?

I made sure that degradation in service parks was correct. I did that by using H1 class in career, which always has full/worst degradation, and for 0 deg I used time trials.

7 minutes ago, carpa said:

Speaking of walking away, do you think it was the right call to get them out so quickly?

Yes. Spectators should always ask if the drivers are ok, if so then help them out as soon as possible and after that move the wreck out of the way, instead of just leaving it in the middle of the road.

2 hours ago, Murikka said:

Yes. Spectators should always ask if the drivers are ok, if so then help them out as soon as possible and after that move the wreck out of the way, instead of just leaving it in the middle of the road.

I think @carpa is more concerned with doing more damage by moving them instead of waiting for medical pro's to evaluate the situation first. Like that whole thing where it's actually worse to help/move someone with a back injury than to leave them in the current position (assuming it's safe) and staying with them until a medical clearance is given.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Pistro said:

I made sure that degradation in service parks was correct. I did that by using H1 class in career, which always has full/worst degradation, and for 0 deg I used time trials.

Okay, hmm strange there should be a difference. But maybe H1 is to slow to feel it?

It will be very difficult though to drive two times exactly the same to get a comparable time. I highly doubt your driven time has a lot of value with almost a minute of time difference. Much more suspect your car in career wasn't fully upgraded or you just drove very different.

1 minute ago, Mike Dee said:

I think @carpa is more concerned with doing more damage by moving them instead of waiting for medical pro's to evaluate the situation first. Like that whole thing where it's actually worse to help/move someone with a back injury than to leave them in the current position (assuming it's safe) and staying with them until a medical clearance is given.

Ofc if drivers are injured, then yes. If the driver is 100% sure he is ok, then it's more than better idea to get out of that car. + hanging on the harness is annoying af when the car is on it's side. Been there done that.

About this subject; on the first video the driver broke his back, so spectators didn't touch him. On the second video both in the car are fine and they just walk away with the help of the spectators. And these are massive crashes.

9 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

In many cases the crew is obviously very eager to get out themselves as they might be concerned of the possibility of a fire.

33 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Damn... counted 7.5 spins... Probably spinning trauma, but all praise roll-cages.

Posted (edited)
Two hours later, the all-clear can be given. Neuville and Gilsoul were not injured in the fatal accident. However, they will have to record the Rally Chile as a zero number and lose their championship lead.
Edited by gleylancer571

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

Two hours later, the all-clear can be given. Neuville and Gilsoul were not injured in the fatal accident. However, they will have to record the Rally Chile as a zero number and lose their championship lead.

fatal accident? I'm not a native speaker, but doesn't mean fatal that someone died? And if no-one died it is automatically not fatal?

• Agree 6