DiRTy Gossip

I have a question to everyone, was not there a weekly sweden event up to 2000cc last week? I'm pretty sure about that!
When I turned on the Patches Dirt Rally 2.0 for the first time today and got my rewards for the Weekly Events, the reward details Sweden 4wd and I was sure this event was a week ago

7 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Hey, I've just discovered an option to turn on Hardcore Damage in My Team Championship. Has it always been there?

If not... why isn't it in the patch notes? That's BIG news!

Okay I know I'm quoting myself here but I just checked it and it's really there! And it works! ****, I'm making a new topic. 😄

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Visual improvements to some vehicles

wich cars exactly ?

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Visual improvements to some vehicles

wich cars exactly ?

wheelbase C3 R5 ? Haven't checked the game yet tho

On 5/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, gfRally said:

@JZStudios  I always wondered if it was the difference between FMod and WWyse sound?   I’ve seen several games that use WWyse and they always sound better, coincidence?  IDK

Fmod is 100% more than capable of good sound mixing and surround sound. The Kunos team just aren't very good.

8 hours ago, RoccoTTS said:

Please note that a further update will follow in the next week, which will focus solely upon FFB – so if you’re wondering where that is, it’s just around the next corner!

Oh good, maybe I can actually enjoy the game instead of being frustrated at the controller and disappointed and bored with the wheel.

Well I must confess I was a little disappointed to see what appeared to be the DiRT 3/DiRT 4 rallycross RS200 in the thumbnail image, however there are some signs that the model has been refined, so I am back to being excited for it to arrive again! 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Well I must confess I was a little disappointed to see what appeared to be the DiRT 3/DiRT 4 rallycross RS200 in the thumbnail image, however there are some signs that the model has been refined, so I am back to being excited for it to arrive again! 

They wouldn't dare urinate upon your cornflakes again. You'll get your shopping trolley DUN RITE!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

They wouldn't dare urinate upon your cornflakes again. You'll get your shopping trolley DUN RITE!

That's my favourite shopping trolley of all, so I have high hopes! 

6 hours ago, sqdstr said:

wheelbase C3 R5 ? Haven't checked the game yet tho

That's one of the fixes, yes. But there's at least one more: VW Polo R5 front grill color.

just to know, having modified the wheel width of the fabia and the c3, modifies its physics? or is it only visual?

• Agree 1

Polo Supercar hasn't been fixed yet either.

Loving the plain liveries now: switched most of my 2000cc and R5's to white now! 

• Like 1

I really don't understand why they don't include all the changes in the log...

customers are asking for something to be fixed, and then when you fix it, you don't hold it up as an example of how great you are? come on, this is capitalism! at least try to play along!

like, I know I'm being funny... but also what the hell lol

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, tbtstt said:

That's my favourite shopping trolley of all, so I have high hopes! 

What a shopping trolley?  

This is the only trolly I think of.  

376A484C-42F0-41EE-8E0A-E4FA43BA542A.jpeg

Edited by gfRally

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Fmod is 100% more than capable of good sound mixing and surround sound. The Kunos team just aren't very good.

Oh good, maybe I can actually enjoy the game instead of being frustrated at the controller and disappointed and bored with the wheel.

Can you point me to a game with good sound using FMod?   Seriously, I don’t think I have heard one.

2 hours ago, gfRally said:

What a shopping trolley?  

british term.

in north america it's shopping cart.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Wat?  Where?

3 hours ago, gfRally said:

Can you point me to a game with good sound using FMod?   Seriously, I don’t think I have heard one.

I got Age of Wonders 3 for free. That sounds decent and also has surround sound. I check this site for surround sound compatibility, but granted it doesn't exactly say much about sound quality.

https://satsun.org/audio/

But "good" sound is pretty subjective. FMOD can play... well I'm assuming I have no actual experience with either, the same audio files as Wwise, so it should really only be between in-game sound mixing, and not the actual sound recording playback.

In that list there's Alan Wake, Bioshock series, Borderlands, Crysis series, Deus Ex HR & MD, both of which were very good, Mafia 2, 

And on the other hand is Subnautica, a game which would be great in surround with FMOD, but infuriatingly doesn't. Probably because they fired the audio guy for making a joke. It's genuinely infuriating. There's so many games like Age of Wonders and Persona 5, even Ori and the Blind Forest, all of which I have zero expectations to support surround sound but all do. And Subnautica only has stereo.

For the record, my absolute favorite games for amazing audio and especially surround sound is Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher 3, ... and then honestly probably Dirt Rally/series. I haven't tried Forza in surround, but the CM team loves their audio. Any time I research surround sound and games I come across papers by some guy on the CM sound team talking about why it's so important to push for better audio and surround sound support. Those 3 games are the only ones that really blew me away with the surround. BF3 is pretty good too, but they absolutely ***** up BF4

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I had an idea and made a topic about it in the Suggestion Box, what do you guys think?

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 1

Can someone with PC, please, look for game files, in car folder, is something added new with this update?

13 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

Can someone with PC, please, look for game files, in car folder, is something added new with this update?

Peugeot 205 RX and Ford RS200 RX

• Thanks 1

I got a like from Christina to my Post on Page 1365 about Mexico and the Season 2 & 3 structure speculation...

#ReadingTooMuchIntoThingsIsWhatWeDoHere

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

dd3.png

Mexico ain't bad. And the flag is in Spain rally, so far it's been spot on.

Was really looking forward to Portugal and Corsica though!

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Let's see, did we get a comment way back that we'd hear about S2 by the end of S1 content release?  that's just less than a week, and you wouldn't want to have a S2 announcement muddied with the last of the content on Tuesday.  Maybe we'll get something by the end of this week!?? 

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX

Yeah, with the reading skills of some on here lately we'd end up with a load of posts condemning Codies for not releasing the Season 2 DLC on Tuesday if they released details of it on Monday

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1