DiRTy Gossip

Nah, we're lucky to get even one of them. It's the RX season now. I have a feeling we'll be getting both Latvia and Estering. But the third is more tricky.

16 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

Nah, we're lucky to get even one of them. It's the RX season now. I have a feeling we'll be getting both Latvia and Estering. But the third is more tricky.

Riga and Estering would be my perfect pick of the missing World RX track: I have a sneaking suspicion it is going to be Riga and CotA though (which would be a shame as CotA was the worst track in last years season)

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

They said that Season 2 will not only be about RX which makes me happy because 90% of the time I spent in game was rallying. RX is nice but Rally is the thing! 🙂

• Agree 1

Codemasters will surprise us and gives two rx and two rally locations (Finland and Wales). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I just need this! ❤️ Of course Wales and Finland would be nice, Greece could be much better in DR 2.0 but somehow in DR1 it was not that much interesting rally for me, just hairpins, sandy-like roads not so much nice views etc. Would be cool to see a new rally like Portugal with Fafe stage including: Colin's junction and Fafe jump.

image.thumb.png.d4c398dcec1b17b13ebb4b7986dcf097.png

• Agree 2

Does anybody actually want more RX tracks over rally? 

12 minutes ago, Decks said:

Does anybody actually want more RX tracks over rally? 

Yeah. So suck it all you rally snobs. 

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

All content is welcome.

Do we have time for the announcement?

• Agree 1

Just now, MarcoMaas said:

All content is welcome.

Do we have time for the announcement?

11 am is the guess, but it is well known that @xtinamcgrath likes to keep the community in suspense, so she may hang on to the release until the end of the day. 

23 minutes ago, KryspaPL said:

I just need this! ❤️ Of course Wales and Finland would be nice, Greece could be much better in DR 2.0 but somehow in DR1 it was not that much interesting rally for me, just hairpins, sandy-like roads not so much nice views etc. Would be cool to see a new rally like Portugal with Fafe stage including: Colin's junction and Fafe jump.

image.thumb.png.d4c398dcec1b17b13ebb4b7986dcf097.png

Wales and an S4 Impreza WRC in season 2 would blow my mind! Given that the car was only recorded a few weeks ago though, I seriously doubt that it's going to be in the game in this season...

...as ever though, I am happy to be proven wrong if it means we get something sooner rather than later!

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Rallywil1 said:

Codemasters will surprise us and gives two rx and two rally locations (Finland and Wales). 

I think it'll actually be this. Look at the depots on SteamDB. Each line represents a location. We are currently on 1.13, with 1.14 arriving next week and delivering Germany. A season has 3 updates, which means 1.15, 1.16 and 1.17 are next. Now, notice how there are two 1.17's? Yeah, that's two locations on a single update. Rally locations take more work than RX locations because of the vast area of terrain that has to be modelled. As you've seen, until now, rally locations always come alone. RX locations may be coming in packs. If that's true then 1.15 is rally, 1.16 is another rally and 1.17 is two RX tracks.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, warpengage said:

I think it'll actually be this. Look at the depots on SteamDB. Each line represents a location. We are currently on 1.13, with 1.14 arriving next week and delivering Germany. A season has 3 updates, which means 1.15, 1.16 and 1.17 are next. Now, notice how there are two 1.17's? Yeah, that's two locations on a single update. Rally locations take more work than RX locations because of the vast area of terrain that has to be modelled. As you've seen, until now, rally locations always come alone. RX locations may be coming in packs. If that's true then 1.15 is rally, 1.16 is another rally and 1.17 is two RX tracks.

Yup, the RX circuits will surely be released in pairs. 

But sorry but this blessed graphics on lower power consoles is on the list or will they never solve it ???:classic_angry:

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Riga and Estering would be my perfect pick of the missing World RX track: I have a sneaking suspicion it is going to be Riga and CotA though (which would be a shame as CotA was the worst track in last years season)

Saw riga rallycross entry in ai_driver_config.xml file.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I have a new 4.6 GB update on PC, anyone knows something about it ?

edit : the new Germany location is added to the files

Edited by RoccoTTS

6 minutes ago, RoccoTTS said:

I have a new 4.6 GB update on PC, anyone knows something about it ?

It's the files for the Germany Rally

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phoenixwin said:

Saw riga rallycross entry in ai_driver_config.xml file.

That sounds promising, hopefully that's our first season 2 location confirmed!

28 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

That sounds promising, hopefully that's our first season 2 location confirmed!

If esterring is in as well that would be awesome! also got little hopes for Spa, abu dhabi, Cota or maybe Killarney 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

If esterring is in as well that would be awesome! also got little hopes for Spa, abu dhabi, Cota or maybe Killarney 

I am not expecting Spa or Abu Dhabi (at least not for a while): I would think 2018 tracks will come before 2019. 

Killarney would be preferable to CotA: CotA was so dull!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

I am not expecting Spa or Abu Dhabi (at least not for a while): I would think 2018 tracks will come before 2019. 

Killarney would be preferable to CotA: CotA was so dull!

I think also lydden hill was 90% sure of an updatet version for this game.

I don't know we bother formally announcing stuff when we have Steam file detectives in the DiRTy Gossip Thread. 😛 

2pm is when you need to set your watch for though!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 14
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

I think also lydden hill was 90% sure of an updatet version for this game.

Would love to see it back (and it would be perfect for the Group B cars) but, as per my message above, I'd be surprised to see it back before the rest of the 2018 circuits return...

...I wait to be proven wrong though!

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Would love to see it back (and it would be perfect for the Group B cars) but, as per my message above, I'd be surprised to see it back before the rest of the 2018 circuits return...

...I wait to be proven wrong though!

I think the chances of us getting Lydden instead of COTA are reasonable. COTA was only in it for 1 year and isn't there any longer. Estering and Lydden are classics and fan favourites, even though they're not in the championship any more, and remastering Lydden is less work than building one from scratch.

Latvia and SA are still in the championship so I think they're safe (and as we've seen, the former is in the files already so yeah).

edit: ugh it's 6am here and I'm lying in a treehouse in Costa Rica waiting for the announcement of new content for a video game. what is wrong with me?

Edited by ianism