DiRTy Gossip

5 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

I find it strange as well that so many are angry, furious even, that there's more RX content than rally content in season two. They should either buy a pair of glasses so they can read properly or activate the part in their brain that makes it possible to do research before buying something like the deluxe version for example. It was advertised that season two would focus on RX content and if you didn't read it or didn't use your brain before buying it, it's your own bloody fault. You can't blame the team for your own stupidity. And if you do blame them and call them out, you're even worse than stupid and frankly shouldn't be allowed to play the game because of it.

I do still hope to see those DLC cars become available to us modders though. *wink wink nudge nudge* --> Oooooooh hail @ChristinaMc, mother of the Dirt Community and liberator of great news! (too subtle?)

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/37772-poll-dirt-rally-20-season-3-4-and-more-dlcs/

1 hour ago, MattyH1812 said:

Since Estering isn't even included in the season this year, COTA and Killarney are safe bets for completing the 2018 RX season

I think it's unlikely that they'd add Spa or Abu Dhabi and allow Solberg, Loeb, Kristoffersson etc to drive on them, surely some licensing issues there

technically, the people aren't in the game, it's their cars that are. don't know if that makes a difference. not sure about getting those tracks.

Lydden Hill seems more likely. if they finish with Season 3, we'll probably just get 3 more locations and I'll eat my sock if two of them aren't Greece and Finland.

10 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

I find it strange as well that so many are angry, furious even, that there's more RX content than rally content in season two. They should either buy a pair of glasses so they can read properly or activate the part in their brain that makes it possible to do research before buying something like the deluxe version for example. It was advertised that season two would focus on RX content and if you didn't read it or didn't use your brain before buying it, it's your own bloody fault. You can't blame the team for your own stupidity. And if you do blame them and call them out, you're even worse than stupid and frankly shouldn't be allowed to play the game because of it.

are people angry/furious? I've only seen disappointment, to be honest. 

disappointment is ok imo. anger isn't, I agree with you on that 🙂

• Agree 1

Just now, ianism said:

technically, the people aren't in the game, it's their cars that are. don't know if that makes a difference. not sure about getting those tracks.

Lydden Hill seems more likely. if they finish with Season 3, we'll probably just get 3 more locations and I'll eat my sock if two of them aren't Greece and Finland.

are people angry/furious? I've only seen disappointment, to be honest. 

disappointment is ok imo. anger isn't, I agree with you on that 🙂

I'm not talking about just the forum but some of the comments on Facebook are more than just disappointment. Some even said something along the lines of: "I didn't pay for RX! I/We want rally!" I mean, how small must their brain be? 😛 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Atom division has been achieved a long time ago.

So apparently the legendary Renault Alpine will make its return into the world of rallying at the end of this year, prices and specs to be announced around september and the first cars by the end of the year.

"THE BIG RETURN TO RALLYING
World Champion in 1973, Alpine wrote some of the finest pages in its history in rally and the least that can be said is that its return to the special stages has been highly anticipated by many competitors and observers!
Signatech has been entrusted with the design, development and marketing of a rally version of the Alpine A110 from an overall framework defined by Alpine aimed at preserving the strengths and spirit of the production car. As for the GT4 and Cup, Philippe Sinault's structure will work in close collaboration with the Alpine teams.
Based on the A110 Cup, this two-wheel drive version will produce nearly 300 horsepower. It is intended primarily for asphalt rallies and drivers looking for a fast, fun and easy to drive product. Its homologation and which category it will compete in is currently under discussion with the FFSA and the FIA. The technical specifications and price will be announced in September.

Available in the second half of 2019, the first examples of the Alpine A110 "Rally" will be delivered in two stages by the end of the year, first in France, then in Europe."

Source: https://www.equipegordini.eu/2019/05/alpine-accelerates-racing-programme-returns-rallying.html

60963015_2230656753851588_5073596801785790464_n.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2019 at 1:08 AM, SkyRex said:

Given it some more thought. Saw the mexico flag in spain now, too. Coincidence?

SEASON 2

• RX Group B:   Pug & Lancia
  • Rally Finland
  • Group B RWD:   Lancia 037 & Porsche 911 SC RS
  • Rally Greece
  • RX Group B:    RS200 & Metro
  • RX Abu Dhabi & RX Latvia

SEASON 3

• New Millenial Class:    Focus 2001 & Impreza 97-99 (Also put the existing Evo VI in here as a double class vehicle)
  • Rally Wales
  • F2 Kit Cars:    Nissan Almera & Pug 106
  • Rally Mexico
  • New Millenial Class:    Impreza 2001 & some other early WRCar(Octavia, 206 or Accent?)
  • RX Germany & RX South Africa

Now the New Info is out. Very surprising, location number 3 is no double Release as the Version structure had suggested.

Well I got all the Cars correct (and almost the Order)

Well with two of the old locations missing, they could actually fill up a season 3 without mexico... If they even continue the season approach, maybe itll be Single dlcs afterwards... Hmm. Surprised but very satisfyed to See Wales in S2. Don't really care about Finland and Greece, but I would about a new Mexico if it is really in the works

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chukonu said:

By far the easiest to drive in that class! Bit slow though.

I just can't get the damn thing to go straight on wheel or controller. Halfway through every corner it just decides to spin out with no warning. It's not that fast and doesn't have that much power so I don't know why it can't just go bloody straight.

5 hours ago, dani211212 said:

IF there will be season 3 

*cough*

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I just can't get the damn thing to go straight on wheel or controller. Halfway through every corner it just decides to spin out with no warning. It's not that fast and doesn't have that much power so I don't know why it can't just go bloody straight.

It's not meant to be driven straight. Except in straights.

12 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

hmmmm i guess you're talking about  rx2, right???  🤔  😂

Just now, Murikka said:

It's not meant to be driven straight. Except in straights.

So it's meant to be driven in circles? I can drift cars fine, but that thing is a turd.

1 hour ago, JamesMcAdam said:

😋

D737A4DF-8DC4-4BA7-8C6C-6CA810433196.jpeg

I am not entirely convinced by Oliver Bennett, but lets hope he is right!

• Haha 1

Hi guys, back after seeing the season 2 DLC.

To people who are dissapointed:
- You only need to buy the rally stuff, not need to bvuy RX stuff as well. (though maybe unlucky a bit for the deluxe players, but it was mentioned before that season 2 would be RX or more RX focused DLC)
- There are people who like rally, or rallycross or both. Still don't get the whining everytime. Even if everything is rally content you guys are still whining. Never anything good for some of you guys. 

Overall I am good with the DLC so far. Season 2 seems interesting, but i am also a bit suprised. All cars are Group B focused, let's say historic. But the combination with a modern and a classic RX locations makes it wonder where is the release of a modern RX car. I am looking forward to the Estering. Last year with World RX is was there visiting my first ever RX event, so I would love to give it a try. It will be a challenge.

About the 'special' liveries (which actually are fake and loosely based on iconic colors), I hope now some real World RX liveries will be added.

At least more seasons will be coming as it is known that the MINI RX, 2001 Impreza and 2001 Focus will be coming and there is rumours about the 206 Rally and i20 Rx. With 6 more locations expected, this probably will be season 3 and 4.

My expectations are as following:
- Seasons 3 and 4 will be mixed with rally and rx content
Tracks
- Seasons 3 will have 2 rx locations and 1 rally location: 2 remaining 2018 World RX tracks (South Africa and CotA) and Greece or Finland as the rally location
- Seasons 4 will have 2 rx locations and 1 rally location: 2 2019 world RX tracks (Spa and Abu Dhabi) and Greece or Finaland as the rally locations.
Cars
- 10 - 12 more cars
--- RX: MINI Supercar / Hyundai i20 Supercar / VW Beetle / Ford Focus / SEAT Ibiza / Renault Clio
--- Rally: Peugeot 206 2001 / Ford Focus 2001 / Subaru Impreza 2001 / Seat kitcar / Nissan kitcar / Peugeot kitcar

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

nfortunately, there are only 2 Rally Cars in Season 2, but as a German, of course I'm looking forward to the Porsche 911! Nice !!
Genius would be for Season 3 a Safari Rally many of the cars in DR 2.0 are the Safari Rally already driven
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

So it's meant to be driven in circles? I can drift cars fine, but that thing is a turd.

I had to try that car. I had no problem with it, but i'm not a big fan of it neither. 

I have noticed that all rwd cars tend to do handle strange sometimes when sliding them in New England. It feels like the front tires "sinks" in the road or something and then it snaps it totally sideways without any warning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Hi guys, back after seeing the season 2 DLC.

To people who are dissapointed:
- You only need to buy the rally stuff, not need to bvuy RX stuff as well. (though maybe unlucky a bit for the deluxe players, but it was mentioned before that season 2 would be RX or more RX focused DLC)
- There are people who like rally, or rallycross or both. Still don't get the whining everytime. Even if everything is rally content you guys are still whining. Never anything good for some of you guys. 

Overall I am good with the DLC so far. Season 2 seems interesting, but i am also a bit suprised. All cars are Group B focused, let's say historic. But the combination with a modern and a classic RX locations makes it wonder where is the release of a modern RX car. I am looking forward to the Estering. Last year with World RX is was there visiting my first ever RX event, so I would love to give it a try. It will be a challenge.

About the 'special' liveries (which actually are fake and loosely based on iconic colors), I hope now some real World RX liveries will be added.

At least more seasons will be coming as it is known that the MINI RX, 2001 Impreza and 2001 Focus will be coming and there is rumours about the 206 Rally and i20 Rx. With 6 more locations expected, this probably will be season 3 and 4.

My expectations are as following:
- Seasons 3 and 4 will be mixed with rally and rx content
Tracks
- Seasons 3 will have 2 rx locations and 1 rally location: 2 remaining 2018 World RX tracks (South Africa and CotA) and Greece or Finland as the rally location
- Seasons 4 will have 2 rx locations and 1 rally location: 2 2019 world RX tracks (Spa and Abu Dhabi) and Greece or Finaland as the rally locations.
Cars
- 10 - 12 more cars
--- RX: MINI Supercar / Hyundai i20 Supercar / VW Beetle / Ford Focus / SEAT Ibiza / Renault Clio
--- Rally: Peugeot 206 2001 / Ford Focus 2001 / Subaru Impreza 2001 / Seat kitcar / Nissan kitcar / Peugeot kitcar

Whether there really will be Season Three or even Four is not known yet!
Maybe it will stay with Season One and Two.

But there were messages for the Nissan Kit Car and Ford Focus, it could be very good that there will be two Sesaon, but I'm 100% sure with the content from DR: Finland and Greece

9 minutes ago, Murikka said:

I had to try that car. I had no problem with it, but i'm not a big fan of it neither. 

I have noticed that all rwd cars tend to do handle strange sometimes when sliding them in New England. It feels like the front tires "sinks" in the road or something and then it snaps it totally sideways without any warning.

I was using it on Australia, but there's no way I could have pulled off those slides. It just doesn't react to countersteer well for me. I don't think I've tried it on Poland though.

But that bizarre sudden snap sideways is what I'm talking about, but it does it nearly every corner. If it behaved like it does in your vid I'd be happy with it.

11 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

*cough cough*

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Maybe it will stay with Season One and Two.

But there were messages for the Nissan Kit Car and Ford Focus, it could be very good that there will be two Sesaon, but I'm 100% sure with the content from DR: Finland and Greece

I expect something extra with the introduction of VR...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I was using it on Australia, but there's no way I could have pulled off those slides. It just doesn't react to countersteer well for me. I don't think I've tried it on Poland though.

But that bizarre sudden snap sideways is what I'm talking about, but it does it nearly every corner. If it behaved like it does in your vid I'd be happy with it.

I drive mostly polish stages as they are fast flowing stages and there the gravel physics are 5/5 IMO. Australia on the other hand is something that I hate with passion. I just can't get good flow there and end up in the tree or something in a easy corner. And Australia is a nightmare with rwd cars.

But still the New England is strange, as it doesn't have soft gravel, so why does the car just snap oversteer when trying to have neat little slide through the corner. Mostly that happens when the front wheels are in apex/inside line of the corner. Is it same for you? 

edit: I forgot to mention that yes it does that (snap oversteer) on other locaions too, but I notice it best in New England

Edited by Murikka

9 minutes ago, Murikka said:

I drive mostly polish stages as they are fast flowing stages and there the gravel physics are 5/5 IMO. Australia on the other hand is something that I hate with passion. I just can't get good flow there and end up in the tree or something in a easy corner. And Australia is a nightmare with rwd cars.

But still the New England is strange, as it doesn't have soft gravel, so why does the car just snap oversteer when trying to have neat little slide through the corner. Mostly that happens when the front wheels are in apex/inside line of the corner. Is it same for you? 

edit: I forgot to mention that yes it does that (snap oversteer) on other locaions too, but I notice it best in New England

Yea, I'm not a big fan of Australia either. So many off cambers and rough parts that upsets the car. I'm not particularly fond of the visuals there either for some reason.