DiRTy Gossip

One o'clock at night and still no content I paid months ago !!
How Codemasters handles its customers !!!!!!!
First cash my money and then let it wait🤬
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 6

I cannot see it on PSN either. Uk time past 00.00

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

The video i posted here it didnt look very smooth. Little bumps seemed pretty prominent.

Depends what stage you saw. Take a look at this onboard from a real stage that Dirt Rally 2.0 stages are modeled after:

I guess the only thing that Dirt stages are missing are those little darker tarmac repair patches, otherwise they are very close when it to comes to bumpyness. You can also see how planted the car is, compared to Dirt's floaty physics.

Edited by Pistro

3 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Yeah, same for me. Was going to run a couple of stages before heading to bed, but I will have to wait until tomorrow now! 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

If Codemasters have already cashed my money for the deluxe they should deliver as well and not only from midnight or even later !!!!
Delux would be to get the DLCs earlier than they are offered in the store

4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, same for me. Was going to run a couple of stages before heading to bed, but I will have to wait until tomorrow now!  

yes tomorrow at 11 o'clock the DLCs come then it means again Sorry the server goes off LOL🤣

8 minutes ago, Pistro said:

Depends what stage you saw. Take a look at this onboard from a real stage that Dirt Rally 2.0 stages are modeled after:

I guess the only thing that Dirt stages are missing are those little darker tarmac repair patches, otherwise they are very close when it to comes to bumpyness. You can also see how planted the car is, compared to Dirt's floaty physics.

To me that looks far bumpier than what we have in game. At one point it shows the pacenote guy shaking with the bumps. 

While the road looks smooth its full of little imperfections.

Posted (edited)

Could be the stiffer dampers. By the way the cars look more planted also because he slows down a lot more in the turns. We go much faster in the game, hency why it looks a bit floaty.

I think what's wrong is the tolerance of high speed, it should snap oversteer or understeer (depending on car) after some point, but the game allows that to happen gradually, because at medium speed the tarmac physics seem to be at par.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

yes tomorrow at 11 o'clock the DLCs come then it means again Sorry the server goes off LOL🤣

Doesn't bother me during the day: I will be at work! 

4 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Could be the stiffer dampers. By the way the cars look more planted also because he slows down a lot more in the turns. We go much faster in the game, hency why it looks a bit floaty.

I think what's wrong is the tolerance of high speed, it should snap oversteer or understeer (depending on car) after some point, but the game allows that to happen gradually.

I agree with your last observation, although if you observe replays carefully you will notice that it pertains to all speeds really.

He slows down more because there is less lateral grip in reality, compared to DR2. Unless you're suggesting that you're driving faster than a world class rally driver? :classic_happy:

• Agree 1

Yeah the tarmac is pretty smooth there. A part of that stage in that WRC video is 'Comienzo en Bellriu', in-game it starts at 1:37 in the video. 

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

If Codemasters have already cashed my money for the deluxe they should deliver as well and not only from midnight or even later !!!!
Delux would be to get the DLCs earlier than they are offered in the store

omg if only people got this mad about stuff that actually mattered

• Haha 2
  • Agree 6

Stayed up as late as possible looks like Germany on consoles has been pulled last minute.

43 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Stayed up as late as possible looks like Germany on consoles has been pulled last minute.

I don't know about console, but I didn't really get any notification on PC. I just booted up the game and looked for it in the custom championship and there it was.

Not even a splash screen of "Here's that DLC you own!"

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

I don't know about console, but I didn't really get any notification on PC. I just booted up the game and looked for it in the custom championship and there it was.

Not even a splash screen of "Here's that DLC you own!"

I got one when i logged in, hmm, 7 or 8 PDT.

6 hours ago, Pistro said:

Ok, this bloody cool! The stages are pretty much spot on with the game! Even the gearing (for me at least) is pretty accurate! I will say, I’m not sure how far off Codies physics are off on tarmac considering that we push more than in real life which may be some of the reason the car starts to float. I think if you drive like Sordo, it’s pretty close!

Also, I thought Bigben had the rights to these stages (and Argentina and Australia), so how are Codies able to use them? Not complaining, it’s so neat to see the stages represented so well in the game!👍

6 hours ago, Riggs said:

I think what's wrong is the tolerance of high speed, it should snap oversteer or understeer (depending on car) after some point, but the game allows that to happen gradually, because at medium speed the tarmac physics seem to be at par.

Exactly my point too!

7 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

One o'clock at night and still no content I paid months ago !!
How Codemasters handles its customers !!!!!!!
First cash my money and then let it wait🤬

Dude, with you, it's nothing but ridiculous complaints and demands. They aren't even reasonable anymore. Just moronic, angry trolling. Chill out for goodness sake.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

The video i posted here it didnt look very smooth. Little bumps seemed pretty prominent.

I'm sure you can find bumpy roads in Spain, and I can find smooth roads in Argentina. It's just GENERALLY speaking, it's very smooth. Especially the stage they've re created. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I am really happy with Germany after facelift :classic_biggrin: 200 km/h in forrest is the proper rally :classic_cool: thx Codies :classic_love:

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I got one when i logged in, hmm, 7 or 8 PDT.

same. haven't had time to play in days (don't feel sorry for me I'm at the beach lol), but got a couple runs on each of the long courses, once with the Golf and once with the M1.

much prefer the one without all the hairpins and stuff ... because it's got more in the woods. farmland is boring.

I suggest to the Dirt team to provide to create very uneven asphalts, with holes, ruined tar. the roads in the game look like toll motorways, too perfect and smooth

50 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

I suggest to the Dirt team to provide to create very uneven asphalts, with holes, ruined tar. the roads in the game look like toll motorways, too perfect and smooth

the stages in the game are made to be like the real versions (all stages in DR 1 and 2 are based on real-life roads). so spain is smooth tarmac and germany is rougher.

if they do one with holes (they won't, but whatever) they will probably make holes etc

• Agree 2