DiRTy Gossip

7 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

My patience is slow at the end and I'm annoyed

Codemasters has sold an unfinished game!
Every week a new patch promises new every week they make the game better and what is then outweighed in the patch? Engine sound and livieries and if PC owners already have the latest DLC but console owners still wait until now I'm right furious

Think they only have a tiny memory budget for little effects and Easter eggs, if I understand correctly. Looks good though.

• Agree 2

The GRiD announcement today might also tie back to a previous bit of gossip in this thread: the pictures of the Subaru audio recording that were posted a few weeks ago also featured an Aston in the background. Is the Aston destined for the new GRiD? 

Probably. But that subbie better not deviate from its path 😄 

1 hour ago, bn880 said:

Close one, I also had one yesterday, was so excited I started looking for my horn, but couldn't find it and crashed!  

Are you on PC? Great camera angle. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all, so, some sad news for you - today is my last day at Codemasters. I just wanted to say thanks for all the gossip, speculation, support, and everything in between; it's been an absolute pleasure serving you as your Community Manager for the last 3.5 years, and our DiRT games are all the better for having you all involved. It's incredibly bittersweet leaving, but I just wanted to come here and say, very sincerely: thanks for everything. No other words cover it, except thank you. 

I hope you guys have enjoyed the latest announcement for GRID, and while I'm super chuffed that it was one of the last things I got to work on, my heart will always belong to DiRT. Just know there are so many cool things in store for DiRT Rally 2.0... I'm really looking forward to being on the other side of all the cool announcements and content drops. I'll see you all on the leader boards (albeit quite low down!)

All the best,
Christina 

I actually feel sad now. We're going to miss you as a community manager. Thank you so much for your work!!!

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all, so, some sad news for you - today is my last day at Codemasters. I just wanted to say thanks for all the gossip, speculation, support, and everything in between; it's been an absolute pleasure serving you as your Community Manager for the last 3.5 years, and our DiRT games are all the better for having you all involved. It's incredibly bittersweet leaving, but I just wanted to come here and say, very sincerely: thanks for everything. No other words cover it, except thank you. 

I hope you guys have enjoyed the latest announcement for GRID, and while I'm super chuffed that it was one of the last things I got to work on, my heart will always belong to DiRT. Just know there are so many cool things in store for DiRT Rally 2.0... I'm really looking forward to being on the other side of all the cool announcements and content drops. I'll see you all on the leader boards (albeit quite low down!)

All the best,
Christina 

Goodbye and good luck love, thanks for everything.

I noticed GRID is launching with an Ultimate Edition with 3 seasons. Might this be a vague indicator that Dirt Rally 2.0 might stretch to 3 seasons too?

• Haha 1

GRID Autosport, had some very good physics. In my opinion.

All the best to you Xtina!!!!

And a big THANK YOU for your support!

14 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

I'm sure you can find bumpy roads in Spain, and I can find smooth roads in Argentina. It's just GENERALLY speaking, it's very smooth. Especially the stage they've re created. 

I had a conversation with an Argentinian about roads and he was appalled by the roads we have here. Then it got into greedy corrupt politicians.

Posted (edited)

A big thanks to you @ChristinaMc for everything.

You did a fantastic job and I wish all the best in your future endeavours. May the Dirt be with you! 😉

I wonder who's going to step into her shoes as community manager because I have a few things I would like to discuss. 😄 

Edited by SimVansevenant

7 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

Ugh. They're doing that reboot thing of just naming it the same as the first game, so it's not Doom, it's Doom 2016 and God Of War 2018.

5 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

All the best,
Christina 

What? Last day it's only been... THREE AND A HALF YEARS!? The hell have I been doing with my life? Who... who are we gonna whisper secrets to now?

Seems like a lot of important people are leaving Codies...

10 hours ago, KlimasAdrian said:

The German stages looks really great 👍 Good job Codemasters Team 👌.

but... tarmac handling model is very bad. On low speed corners seems to be pretty god, but on high speed corners car floating a lot, on replay it looks so unrealistic 😞

I play since 15 years Richard Burns Rally on the top level. Dirt Rally 2.0 on gravel is very similar to RBR handling on NGP 5 physics. For me gravel is very good in this game. But this tarmac... 
@ChristinaMc - I want to ask, Its a chance to improve tarmac physics in next patches? Have You this type of improvements in furture plans?

P.S. sorry for my bad English, I will be gratefull for answer 😉
P.S. 2 I miss so much tarmac handling from a first Dirt Rally ( but first beta version! not later! ), when tarmac handling looks like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq9W9sSYamo

This game could be the best rally simulator, but no with this floating cars 🙂 I keep fingers crossed !

I agree with everything you said so far. Also long time RBR player, but more importantly someone who used to compete in real amateur rallies. This video from beta version of Dirt Rally indeed looks much better than what we currently have in version 2.0, but it's not perfect. There is too much grip in general, compared to reality. With Dirt Rally 2.0 the issue is rather peculiar as on one hand there is too much grip as well, but on the other hand there is this unrealisitic skidding/floating, which gets worse with speed and with wet conditions. None of us really knows how any of this is simulated in this game so I'm not going to pretend like I know what is wrong, code wise. All I know is that current tarmac handling is not realistic and for someone who has done rallying in reality it ruins the immersion and ultimately the enjoyment of the experience. I'm sure that the fine people responsible for creating this handling model also knew this, but for some reason the game was released anyway. So I also keep my fingres crossed that it will be improved at some point, ideally by lowering the overall ammount of grip to realistic levels and making the cars more planted under lateral loads.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

I had a conversation with an Argentinian about roads and he was appalled by the roads we have here. Then it got into greedy corrupt politicians.

That's pretty much what happens to a conversation about anything down here. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Pfei said:

That's pretty much what happens to a conversation about anything down here. 

Haha, he was talking to me about a guy known as "The Beard" so I mentioned that there's a guy here who's "advertising" is his big ugly mustache. Unsurprisingly similar really.

But this isn't the place for such topics.

12 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Haha, he was talking to me about a guy known as "The Beard" so I mentioned that there's a guy here who's "advertising" is his big ugly mustache. Unsurprisingly similar really.

But this isn't the place for such topics.

This is the Gossip thread. Anything can be made relevant. 

Like while I was sitting on my rock in SS16 of Rally Argentina a guy from Bahía Blanca sat next to me and we started chatting. After briefly discussing current events in the WRC we quickly turned to... politics! 

Three hours worth of it until finally Tänak drove by and shut us up for good 😂

See, that was easy to make relevant, wasn't it? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pfei said:

This is the Gossip thread. Anything can be made relevant. 

Like while I was sitting on my rock in SS16 of Rally Argentina a guy from Bahía Blanca sat next to me and we started chatting. After briefly discussing current events in the WRC we quickly turned to... politics! 

Three hours worth of it until finally Tänak drove by and shut us up for good 😂

See, that was easy to make relevant, wasn't it? 

I live in Bahía Blanca, sadly i don't was go to the Rally Argentina:classic_wacko:

• Like 1

I am sure that it is just psychological, but the German stages feel so much better than the Spanish stages to me. The cars are still floaty, but it doesn't seem anywhere near as pronounced. Perhaps it is just due to the speed differences between the two environments. 

• Agree 2

Mainly due to spain's camber changes.

The floating behavior of the rear end becomes more noticeable with high speed, downhill sections and camber. It puts the cars in weird angles and makes the cars feel a bit sloppy, especially when you exit fast corners. 

If you exit a fast right hander and you get to the point where the car is about to straighten out, you can get this little extra nudge where the rear end just slightly moves to the left just as you straighten the car out. This could obviously occur IRL if you overcome the lateral grip, but this isn't the case here. 

It's important to remember we're not dealing with GT3 cars that produces downforce, most of the cars we have actually produces lift instead so some 'floatiness' at high speed isn't wrong per se. The effect just seems a bit overdone. 

That said, Germany's road character fits the current handling much better so it feels way better than Spain! 

Hopefully there is still time to look at it :classic_ninja:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1