DiRTy Gossip

12 hours ago, Keko55 said:

GRID Autosport, had some very good physics. In my opinion.

It was the best simcade (verging more on the arcade side) game since PGR. 

Horizon is great but its no PGR or GRID.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

It was the best simcade (verging more on the arcade side) game since PGR. 

I thought Autosport was massively underrated. It lacked polish, but was the game that Grid 2 should have been. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Autosport was good, but I've never been able to look at it or the others as a sim, I didnt even play it in cockpit cam.

@bogani I hope theres time to adjust that as well. Germany feels better than Spain indeed, but we might be looking at the same physics and it's just the camber playing with it. I wish there would be time to revise Spain's tarmac physics because if they work well in Spain, it'll certainly work well everywhere else in the tarmac.

Posted (edited)

That one corner in Germany is missing THE PACENOTE "be brave". Shame they didn't record it with Phil Mills.

Edited by MacNitro
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 4

If Grid Autosport is played in the most serious way, the game will be played with the driver. Steering wheel, pedals... without aids... without trace lines... If you respect the game, the game will respect you. It had details that would make more than one "sim" blush pure and hard.

35 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Autosport was good, but I've never been able to look at it or the others as a sim, I didnt even play it in cockpit cam.

@bogani I hope theres time to adjust that as well. Germany feels better than Spain indeed, but we might be looking at the same physics and it's just the camber playing with it. I wish there would be time to revise Spain's tarmac physics because if they work well in Spain, it'll certainly work well everywhere else in the tarmac.

Oh we're absolutely looking at the same physics, nothing has been changed in that regard.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, MacNitro said:

That one corner in Germany is missing THE PACENOTE "be brave". Shame they didn't record it with Phil Mills.

Corners like that don't scare Phil Mills. He's a boss. Paul Coleman didn't have the same amount of experience as Phil so the "be brave" was meant for Paul himself. 😂

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I thought Autosport was massively underrated. It lacked polish, but was the game that Grid 2 should have been. 

Lets hope Pitstops are back! 

• Agree 1

can someone explain me wht r-gt suspension behave so bad over bumps, even if i soften springs+suspension?   it also makes bad rumours over bumps....

btw,  australia,bumps and fences: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......  😂

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

can someone explain me wht r-gt suspension behave so bad over bumps, even if i soften springs+suspension?   it also makes bad rumours over bumps....

btw,  australia,bumps and fences: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......  😂

They don't really have enough suspension travel to work properly on anything but tarmac and even there it'll be so so if it's bumpy. 

20 minutes ago, bogani said:

They don't really have enough suspension travel to work properly on anything but tarmac and even there it'll be so so if it's bumpy. 

also if i maxout ride height?

4 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

also if i maxout ride height?

It sure will help, but the suspension travel is still very limited compared to the R5's for example. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

22 hours ago, Pfei said:

"Fernando Alonso has signed as a Race Consultant and appears in-game." Not sure if that's good or bad given Nando's bad luck (or curse as some would have it).

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/05/grid-2019-announcement/

The game will randomly shut off completely and refuse to work anymore, and every car will lose power at the end of straights. But given that Alonso is a Toyota driver this could well be interesting for Codies... 

20 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all, so, some sad news for you - today is my last day at Codemasters. I just wanted to say thanks for all the gossip, speculation, support, and everything in between; it's been an absolute pleasure serving you as your Community Manager for the last 3.5 years, and our DiRT games are all the better for having you all involved. It's incredibly bittersweet leaving, but I just wanted to come here and say, very sincerely: thanks for everything. No other words cover it, except thank you. 

I hope you guys have enjoyed the latest announcement for GRID, and while I'm super chuffed that it was one of the last things I got to work on, my heart will always belong to DiRT. Just know there are so many cool things in store for DiRT Rally 2.0... I'm really looking forward to being on the other side of all the cool announcements and content drops. I'll see you all on the leader boards (albeit quite low down!)

All the best,
Christina 

Aw COME ON. 😥

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

@CMMcBabe

Any chance to increase the multiplayer lobby drivers limit from 8 to 16 now that the AI can be turned off? (without too much effort ofc)

12 would be good already, but if 16 is feasable ❤️ 

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Riggs said:

@CMMcBabe

Any chance to increase the multiplayer lobby drivers limit from 8 to 16 now that the AI can be turned off? (without too much effort ofc)

+1

51 minutes ago, bogani said:

but they are prepared for rallying, so suspension ride and height shoult be longer then a stock car  (ex.  aston martin)

don't know 🤔

anyone noticed that there's a 90 degree turn in Germany without a pacenote? it's immediately after a crest so it's completely invisible. and it's on the short stage starting with V... and also the longer version. forget the names, sorry, but it's the stage with virtually no forest sections. it's in the current weekly event twice.

18 minutes ago, ianism said:

anyone noticed that there's a 90 degree turn in Germany without a pacenote? it's immediately after a crest so it's completely invisible. and it's on the short stage starting with V... and also the longer version. forget the names, sorry, but it's the stage with virtually no forest sections. it's in the current weekly event twice.

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I've had a night/heavy rain stage. Generally there seems to be less rain. Do you think they tweaked it? Or am I just lucky?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Riggs said:

@CMMcBabe

The AI are not the problem.  Short answer is that it would be a lot of effort.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CMMcBabe said:

Ugh. I hate when things require effort.

1 hour ago, CMMcBabe said:

Even for rally? where it's only stage results data that is needed "i mean how hard can it be"

50 minutes ago, TRLAxeman said:

Even for rally? where it's only stage results data that is needed "i mean how hard can it be"

Oh yeah, I was actually meaning that for Rally not Rallycross @CMMcBabe

But I suppose that'd be the same.

4 hours ago, danielofifi said:

It's been a long time since I've had a night/heavy rain stage. Generally there seems to be less rain. Do you think they tweaked it? Or am I just lucky?

possible it was tweaked again. current Germany weekly has two daytime stages in a row, which I have never seen in the game before other than historic championships

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRLAxeman said:

"i mean how hard can it be"

Two weeks of work, let's go boys.