DiRTy Gossip

2 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

I have a video processing to Youtube right now to show what I mean. Will link when it's ready.

edit: @urgaffel Video uploaded. Click timestamps in the description to go straight to each of the weather settings. I know compression makes things sucky to look at, but you can still see the raindrops aren't what they should be. Heavy rain does have them, but they are very light and you don't even need the wipers on to drive in it (totally different compared to Dirt 4.) Max settings on PC, 2080 Ti, also tried on my other PC w/ 980 Ti, same thing there. 165hz display at 100+fps.

Thank you for taking the time to record the video, I’ll look into it when I get back to work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Budget? Ne laissez pas simplement les gens vous donner une liste de souhaits ou vous pourriez acheter une vraie voiture de rallye ...

Lol, I don t have any problem about budget if it s less 500 euros it could be great 😉

11 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

Lol, I don t have any problem about budget if it s less 500 euros it could be great 😉

I think most people will agree TM T300 + TP3A pedals? Or some combo of the sort is probably the best bang for the buck at the 500 mark

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Je pense que la plupart des gens accepteront les pédales TM T300 + TP3A? Ou une combinaison de ce genre est probablement le meilleur rapport qualité-prix à la barre des 500

I just saw there is a Ferrari wheel too what s the difference? Is it better ? Thanks

15 hours ago, urgaffel said:

The rain fix will be in the next patch. It wasn't confirmed until recently so I didn't want to say anything in case it got pushed back.

Thank you for this info!

Do you think the shadows/darkness issue can be solved any time soon? It seems shadows are too dark overall, and ambient light levels could be boosted...

5 hours ago, Freddygore said:

I just saw there is a Ferrari wheel too what s the difference? Is it better ? Thanks

Depends which one you mean. If you're talking about the GTE wheel then no the standard T300 rim is probably better. If you're talking about the 599XX which comes with the T3PA pedals then yes it's definitely the one to go for if it's in your budget. I've just got the 599XX run as an add on and it's sex. 

• Agree 1

Oh boy, quite the discussion in here this morning :classic_ninja:

Regarding Discord, I know the moderators there have been talking about how people behave and are currently drafting guidelines to help keep things structured, safe and fun. 

While everybody has different opinions and patience levels I think we can all agree that discussion areas should be welcoming to new users, and so long as everybody treats each other with respect we're all happy :classic_happy:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Thank you for this info!

Do you think the shadows/darkness issue can be solved any time soon? It seems shadows are too dark overall, and ambient light levels could be boosted...

Sorry, I don’t know about the status of that issue. I just handle vfx related things 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

100% this. I can' deny that I have been responsible for some tangents in the past few years but, having dipped in and out of this thread (and the Discord) the last few days, things seem to be a long way from where they should be. 

Like triggering 22B posts? :classic_ninja:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gotta go with the flow 😎

Posted (edited)

hey, Codemasters!

could you send us some gossip-worthy tidbits to overanalyze please? some of us here apparently are getting angsty with nothing to talk about.

the rest of you...

give it up. move on. talk about something else.

good day 🙂

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 7

I haven't seen this much serious business on the internet for a while. I'd even go as far to say this is super serious business. Not a term I throw about lightly. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, bogani said:

Like triggering 22B posts? :classic_ninja:

I get triggered by 22B posts, I just can't help myself...

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

For those who want to see what our Discord is really about, below is a link.

Image result for father ted good bunch of lads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, StratosZero said:

Anyone else excited for DIRT 2? I hear Ken Block is going to be involved! :classic_biggrin:

I hope they add in a feature to watch your co-driver burn alive.

• Haha 2
  • Disagree 2

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I get triggered by 22B posts, I just can't help myself...

Hmmm... it might take a while, but I could probably make 22 posts including only the letter b....

B

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I could probably make 22 posts including only the letter b...

I think your posts might be about 22 characters to short... :trollface:

• Haha 2

@ShodanCat I had a look at the windscreen/windshield droplets with low rain and it has been improved. It's too late to get it into the Latvia patch (we have to submit each patch to Sony/MS well in advance) but I'll try and get it into the one after Latvia somehow.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10
  • Agree 1