DiRTy Gossip

So for you if i understand the best option is the tx ffb ( i think you talk about  the tx rw) with the t3p0 pro is the best choice ?

20 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

So for you if i understand the best option is the tx ffb ( i think you talk about  the tx rw) with the t3p0 pro is the best choice ?

I actually prefer the the FFB in the TMX, but the TM is capable of stronger FFB if that's what you want.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

If you think the tmx is a good choice for dirt rally 2.0 i will follow your judgement, do you think the tss handbrake will be preferable too? Thanks for answer

Edited by Freddygore

tm have better ffb ,but only ts-pc,ts-tw and t500 can last in time ,the other models are way to sensitive on damages if you made a hardcore ffb gaming  

• Agree 1

The TX is a much better wheel than the TMX. It's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. 

• Agree 2

Yea the tmx is basically the t150, I think the tx is more inline with the t300.

• Agree 2

@Freddygore I know price may be an issue, but I would avoid both if you can. 

I have owned dozens of wheels over the past 18 years so I'll try and give you some advice. Relevant to this conversation I have had a T500RS with T3PA, T300 with base pedals, Fanatec CSL Elite with CSL Pedals, and limited run  ProSimTech PT1 pedals.

I found very good FFB in the T500, but when I got a PS4 I wanted native support (for GTS) so I bought a T300 but kept the T500 for the T3PA pedals. The T300 is a good wheel, but overall I think the T500 was a better wheel base.

The stock pedals that come with the T300 are average at best (same ones that come with the TX racing ferrari 458) so consider that as part of the purchasing decision. Additionally, if you get the base pedals, you can't just upgrade them (see Fanatec discussion below) you have to replace them entirely.

The TX Racing Ferrari 458 is basically the same base as the T300, for reference.

The TMX wheel based is a substantial step down on everything mentioned above. Not only does it not have a removable wheel, but it's based on the T150, which has a brushed belt/gear driven motor, vs the T300 (TX) brushless belt motor.

If you had to chose between those two I would pick the TX Ferrari even though the pedals are worse, because the base motor is much better, the wheel rim is interchangeable, and you can always get T3PA pedals later when you can afford them.

Now, having said all that, I would suggest doing something else entirely - consider Fanatec. I've gone from Logitech to Thrustmaster to Fanatec... and the latest jump has been remarkable. The quality is a league above in every regard, hardware, firmware and software (ffb).

With the right base you can have PC/PS4/Xbox compatibility, you have an awesome range of wheel rims to chose from, and the pedal system if you go CSL can be upgraded later simply by getting a load cell brake addon (the existing brake becomes the clutch). Yes, it's a lot more to get into this ecosystem - but I honestly think it is worth it now that they have great console support. Although I mainly play on PC these days, it's nice to know I can still use my wheel base for GTS or Forza just by swapping wheel rims.

Alors, c'est vrai que cette suggestion est plus cher, et que mon francais n'est pas trop bien, mais j'espere que c'est une idee de quelque ultilitaire pour vous quand meme.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rallystu2 said:

Yea the tmx is basically the t150, I think the tx is more inline with the t300.

Yeah they're essentially the xbox versions of the 150 and 300.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

@Freddygore I know price may be an issue, but I would avoid both if you can. 

I have owned dozens of wheels over the past 18 years so I'll try and give you some advice. Relevant to this conversation I have had a T500RS with T3PA, T300 with base pedals, Fanatec CSL Elite with CSL Pedals, and limited run  ProSimTech PT1 pedals.

I found very good FFB in the T500, but when I got a PS4 I wanted native support (for GTS) so I bought a T300 but kept the T500 for the T3PA pedals. The T300 is a good wheel, but overall I think the T500 was a better wheel base.

The stock pedals that come with the T300 are average at best (same ones that come with the TX racing ferrari 458) so consider that as part of the purchasing decision. Additionally, if you get the base pedals, you can't just upgrade them (see Fanatec discussion below) you have to replace them entirely.

The TX Racing Ferrari 458 is basically the same base as the T300, for reference.

The TMX wheel based is a substantial step down on everything mentioned above. Not only does it not have a removable wheel, but it's based on the T150, which has a brushed belt/gear driven motor, vs the T300 (TX) brushless belt motor.

If you had to chose between those two I would pick the TX Ferrari even though the pedals are worse, because the base motor is much better, the wheel rim is interchangeable, and you can always get T3PA pedals later when you can afford them.

Now, having said all that, I would suggest doing something else entirely - consider Fanatec. I've gone from Logitech to Thrustmaster to Fanatec... and the latest jump has been remarkable. The quality is a league above in every regard, hardware, firmware and software (ffb).

With the right base you can have PC/PS4/Xbox compatibility, you have an awesome range of wheel rims to chose from, and the pedal system if you go CSL can be upgraded later simply by getting a load cell brake addon (the existing brake becomes the clutch). Yes, it's a lot more to get into this ecosystem - but I honestly think it is worth it now that they have great console support. Although I mainly play on PC these days, it's nice to know I can still use my wheel base for GTS or Forza just by swapping wheel rims.

Alors, c'est vrai que cette suggestion est plus cher, et que mon francais n'est pas trop bien, mais j'espere que c'est une idee de quelque ultilitaire pour vous quand meme.

As you mentioned in the end there, you have to keep in mind that a Fantatec setup is not in the same price category as a Thrustmaster setup. You pay AT LEAST half as much for a Fanatec CSL setup compared to a Thrustmaster T300/TX setup. That is not a small amount you have to cough up. And for that price it should be quite a step up from a Thrustmaster T300/TX setup.

• Agree 1

Thanks a lot dudes for all your answers, last question i promise lol between the tx 458 ferrari and the tx leather edition what s the best ? Thanks a lot for all of you guys!

I m from uk no but i will check this if it s on xbox one too 😉 thanks 

I just check in thrustmaster website on the wheel in add on, apparently there s only tx leather or the tx 458  i can find on xbox around this price..

32 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

Thanks a lot dudes for all your answers, last question i promise lol between the tx 458 ferrari and the tx leather edition what s the best ? Thanks a lot for all of you guys!

I'd say TX leather edition, the leather rim is better than the stock Ferrari replica and, being round, it is also more usable for rallying 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, carpa said:

I'd say TX leather edition, the leather rim is better than the stock Ferrari replica and, being round, it is also more usable for rallying 

Go for the TX Leather Edition. The wheel has an overall better feel and it also comes with the T3PA pedals. The TX Ferrari has the cheap and entry-level pedals. The T3PA pedals are a serious upgrade from the simple stock 2-pedal set.

Btw: Does anyone have the TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Competition Mod? I was wondering in what way it is an upgrade to the T300/TX (apart from the Sparco rim)? It's a different base by the looks of it.

• Agree 1

Thanks dudes so i will take the tx leather with t3pa pro Thanks a lot !!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

Go for the TX Leather Edition. The wheel has an overall better feel and it also comes with the T3PA pedals. The TX Ferrari has the cheap and entry-level pedals. The T3PA pedals are a serious upgrade from the simple stock 2-pedal set.

Btw: Does anyone have the TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Competition Mod? I was wondering in what way it is an upgrade to the T300/TX (apart from the Sparco rim)? It's a different base by the looks of it.

Yeah the TX Leather is probably the best option in this case. The T3PA is effectively the same as the T3PA-Pro but without the more rugged metal chassis - so a good entry level pedal set.

The TS-XW is a different base, the same as the TS-PC base. It's a 40 Watt brushless motor, apparently 1.6x more torque than the T or TX bases. But for that money (699,99 €) I would go Fanatec (personal opinion).

• Agree 1

We are tomorrow getting the unlock of RX Cars DLC from store?

Hope this time the Special livery will be little better, hope they will be most for UP to 2000ccm Car Class..

Its just sad to drive Focus without any good livery..

After few months and a nice 50% off deal, I've finally bought DiRT Rally 2.0 too... Time to crash in some new stages I guess

• Like 3

On 6/2/2019 at 3:19 AM, Freddygore said:

Bonjour les gars, c’est encore moi, je vérifie toute la nuit que je trouve une bonne roue avec retour de force sur la Xbox One et j’aimerais acheter un TMX Force Feedback - Thrustmaster avec t3pa pro, est-ce un bon choix? I hesitate between this configuration and the Volant TX Racing Ferrari 458 Italia Edition i don t think i will use the clutch . Thanks 

ce n'est pas une roue mais un volant.. je pense que la TMX avec les pédales t3pa pro est un très bon choix pour les joueurs PC.

Posted (edited)
Darhour a déclaré il y a 55 minutes:

ce n'est pas une roue mais un volant .. je pense que le TMX avec les pédales t3pa est un très bon choix pour les joueurs pc

Sorry dude, I m french, I m doing my best, maybe you re right and for pc gamers tmx is better.

Edited by Freddygore
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the 2 Group B RX cars this week are out on PC

They're in my garage at least 😄

• Agree 1

Here's a bit of gossip :classic_ninja:

Also, here's some news on tomorrow's content :classic_wink:

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Congratulations on the new role! 

Sorry to kick off with a moan but, on the assumption that the details in that post are the same as those that will appear in the game, the specification for the RS200 Evolution is incorrect (the same error was present in DiRT 4 as well). 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Here's a bit of gossip :classic_ninja:

Also, here's some news on tomorrow's content :classic_wink:

hello!   any hint of the date of 1.5 patch?

• Agree 1