Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Congratulations on the new role! 

Sorry to kick off with a moan but, on the assumption that the details in that post are the same as those that will appear in the game, the specification for the RS200 Evolution is incorrect (the same error was present in DiRT 4 as well). 

Hey Codies, since you're on a hiring spree I think I found an intern for you to pick up - you can just make him fact check everything for you 😉

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

Hey Codies, since you're on a hiring spree I think I found an intern for you to pick up - you can just make him fact check everything for you 😉

You laugh but that is in fact one way for people to eventually end up working for a game company! 😄 

There are quite a few examples. The current Game Director for World of Warcraft, Ion Hazzikostas, was once just an average Joe playing the game and providing the devs with feedback and advice. 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone playing with the Group B RX cars on console? I have downloaded the cars from the PS Store, but no sign of them in either My Team or Freeplay. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Anyone playing with the Group B RX cars on console? I have downloaded the cars from the PS Store, but no sign of them in either My Team or Freeplay.  

Me too (ps4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Anyone playing with the Group B RX cars on console? I have downloaded the cars from the PS Store, but no sign of them in either My Team or Freeplay. 

Same thing happened with Germany. PSN seems a little unpredictable when it comes to DLC availability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First @PJTierney Congratulation! i know its big shoe to fill, but i Have fate in You, and after your first article i have no doubt you will be great Community Manager :) 

Now if i may ask:

I have two question

1- Will we get somekind livery for Ford Focus RS rally 2007

2- Will there be more DLC after Season 2?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

First @PJTierney Congratulation! i know its big shoe to fill, but i Have fate in You, and after your first article i have no doubt you will be great Community Manager :) 

Now if i may ask:

I have two question

1- Will we get somekind livery for Ford Focus RS rally 2007

2- Will there be more DLC after Season 2?

 

this game will be supported for at least another year, new and old content on the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

Same thing happened with Germany. PSN seems a little unpredictable when it comes to DLC availability.

Well it was available from midnight (and, unlike the Focus/Impreza release, both cars were immediately available for download), however neither cars has popped up in game. 

Lesson learned: don't stay up late waiting for new content, just play it the next day! (assuming it's working today)

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

2- Will there be more DLC after Season 2?

Can't talk about plans after Season 2, but I'm sure we'll find ways to keep you entertained 😉 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Can't talk about plans after Season 2, but I'm sure we'll find ways to keep you entertained 😉 

Congratulations on your new role!

was there any truth in the photos of the 97 Impreza and 92 Legacy showing the sounds being recorded? Or was it unrelated to DR2? 

Unless i’ve missed something that’s the only hint of any gossip there has been so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

DR2.0 is my biggest love/hate relationship right now. Last night, I wanted to do the weekly challenge with up to 2000cc cars in Germany before I missed it. I check my cars, and all of my cars are actually in pristine condition, no damage at all. Load up the first stage and lo and behold, my car magically has bodywork damage even before I start. 😐 okay, no biggie. The tires icon is lit up, showing that rain is the next stage, so I go with the wet tires and begin.

Going through the stages, I have 2 of the 8 stages listed as daytime stages. Can we get more true daytime stages, please? The issue, though, is that there are some truly beautiful scenery in the sky when it’s cloudy and dusk or the sun is starting to go down. I caught myself looking over in the car at the clouds with the hot air balloon in the distance. Shortly thereafter, a deer runs across the stage. YES, please. Those kinds of details are awesome.

What’s not awesome is the audio bug with Phil telling me “Finish, to stop” like 3 times in 2 seconds. Also, some of the calls are so questionable. There’s a 4 right in Germany that “titans” and almost every time, I fly off the stage, skid through the grass, and into one of the stones lining the stage. Other times, there’s a “2” corner that is hardly a kink worth slowing down for. The inconsistency between calls drives me nuts sometimes. Not as bad as Dirt 4s almost always late calls, but I don’t have the faith in Phil I did with Paul in DR1. And then, I couldn’t tune my car at services for whatever reason during the 8 stages, so the long gear ratios and understeer was something I battled throughout. There’s so many steps forward with this game from previous titles that it’s frustrating when the steps backward are such a stutter. Each big step forward seems to be accompanied by a tumble backwards a few steps. 

 

On another note, the Group B RX cars seem to be enjoyable. I found them in the “items to install” in my Xbox and then was able to do the daily challenge. The car felt good in the 5 minutes I did with it. 

Edited by tharding67
Wrong tighten was used, corrected above
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tharding67 you sure you corrected your tighten? I still see it as titan. the titans are mythical the giant monsters. I like them but they're not in DR 2.0 yet.

in addition to it being like a 3 instead of a 4, you (and I) also fly off the corner because it's off-camber and down a hill, I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tharding67 I'm wondering how a world-class co-driver (Phil) and quick professional driver (Jon) would make mistakes in such a way. When you hear 3 right, what does that mean for you?Do you think it's the gear you should be in or that number refers to the angle of the corner? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find 3 right usually means that I am about to hit something rather hard.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats @PJTierney !

Will there be a fix to realism with Polo R5's catching fire and burning down randomly? 🔥

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

I find 3 right usually means that I am about to hit something rather hard.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New here, not to the simracing genre at all though.

 

Has any reason been given as to why the console versions of the game don't have a GT Sport/Forza style livery editor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ianism said:

@tharding67 you sure you corrected your tighten? I still see it as titan. the titans are mythical the giant monsters. I like them but they're not in DR 2.0 yet.

in addition to it being like a 3 instead of a 4, you (and I) also fly off the corner because it's off-camber and down a hill, I think

I was poking fun at another topic on this forum, where the person mentions they weren’t sure why the game says “to titans” in the stage. I think they were new to the series so an honest mistake, but nonetheless, gave me quite a chuckle. 

I think, for me, the struggle I have with that corner is I remember it from DR1, and I don’t remember having as much trouble with it. I do think the off-camber, downhill aspect of it is a big part of why I’m struggling. I do feel pretty accomplished when I get the line right, but it’s a struggle at the moment. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

@tharding67 I'm wondering how a world-class co-driver (Phil) and quick professional driver (Jon) would make mistakes in such a way. When you hear 3 right, what does that mean for you?Do you think it's the gear you should be in or that number refers to the angle of the corner? 

It’s not so much that, as I think there is inconsistency in the calls. In NZ, and as noted, in Germany, there are a couple of corners listed as “2s” that you hardly have to slow down for. Then, there will be corners marked as “4s” or even higher that you end up flying off the stage. I think the number can very closely correlate to the gear you’re in, but personally, I am struggling to feel as confident with Phil’s calls as I did with the ones in DR1. Both have pros and cons, of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

New here, not to the simracing genre at all though.

 

Has any reason been given as to why the console versions of the game don't have a GT Sport/Forza style livery editor?

wellcome to forum :)

Before release of the game there was mention of Livery editor, somewhere, i think it was the Driver Armstrong, as posible, but not from start..

but , if it will happen, don't know (with plain white and black liveries last month update, the chances are slimer, thats my opinion, hope i am wrong)

Edited by dani211212

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mwoodski said:

New here, not to the simracing genre at all though.

 

Has any reason been given as to why the console versions of the game don't have a GT Sport/Forza style livery editor?

I absolutely love the GTS editor. It is truly amazing. But that is a huge task accompanied by a massive investment and development. I doubt we will see anything like that in a rally game anytime soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tharding67 said:

It’s not so much that, as I think there is inconsistency in the calls. In NZ, and as noted, in Germany, there are a couple of corners listed as “2s” that you hardly have to slow down for. Then, there will be corners marked as “4s” or even higher that you end up flying off the stage. I think the number can very closely correlate to the gear you’re in, but personally, I am struggling to feel as confident with Phil’s calls as I did with the ones in DR1. Both have pros and cons, of course. 

I haven't had that many issues yet with the calls to be honest eventhough I end the stages with top times, especially in Germany and Monte Carlo. If the conditions worsen, you can't trust the fact that the number refers to the gear. Also depends on how you approach the corner. You know, if you follow the ideal line or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mwoodski said:

New here, not to the simracing genre at all though.

 

Has any reason been given as to why the console versions of the game don't have a GT Sport/Forza style livery editor?

The team working on Dirt Rally titles is a fraction of the size of the teams working on GT Sport / Forza.

Adding to that is the fact that a console version of a racing title doesn't garantee the livery editor. It depends on the devs. 

It would be illogical to create a livery editor exclusively for console versions. Personally, I find this a really strange question. 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Decks said:

@PJTierney Any idea when we might be getting clubs? Weeks, months?

It’s not a million miles away, that’s all I can say really 😉

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×