DiRTy Gossip

10 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

The team working on Dirt Rally titles is a fraction of the size of the teams working on GT Sport / Forza.

Adding to that is the fact that a console version of a racing title doesn't garantee the livery editor. It depends on the devs. 

It would be illogical to create a livery editor exclusively for console versions. Personally, I find this a really strange question. 😛 

I mean people can and have clearly extracted the templates for the cars on the PC version and are able to mod in schemes so..

2 hours ago, mwoodski said:

New here, not to the simracing genre at all though.

Has any reason been given as to why the console versions of the game don't have a GT Sport/Forza style livery editor?

Because no version does.

11 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

I mean people can and have clearly extracted the templates for the cars on the PC version and are able to mod in schemes so..

That's more of an unofficial mod than a feature. The best they could do is allow you to replace skins on consoles, but you need to have a file browser for that. If it works the same way as all the previous DiRT games it's not a new skin, it's just a complete replacement of what's already there and the in-game preview doesn't match up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

That's the modders themselves that do that and not the devs. We would love to do the same thing for PS or Xbox but the consoles from Sony and Microsoft prevent you to add skins unless you have a file browser for it. If you want other modder's of my liveries in DR 2.0, you should direct your wish to those companies. 😉 

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

Unpacking a file and opening it in Blender or Photoshop to edit is not the same thing as designing a full editing suite within software that can work on any system... Would love to see more editing be available for liveries, but you also have to remember some of the current cars only exist in this game because there is licensing agreements for exactly which liveries are allowed to be used with it

33 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Unpacking a file and opening it in Blender or Photoshop to edit is not the same thing as designing a full editing suite within software that can work on any system... Would love to see more editing be available for liveries, but you also have to remember some of the current cars only exist in this game because there is licensing agreements for exactly which liveries are allowed to be used with it

I don't think that is the case for DR2.0. If I'm not mistaken, it's possible to mod the liveries for each car in the base game. The only ones we can't seem to mod are the cars that were added via DLC and licensing is not the reason why they have been encrypted. The Manta, C4 and Ford Focus Mk.II were always moddable in previous titles. Furthermore, each of the cars added via DLC is from a brand that has a car in the base game which is moddable, except the Porsche RGT.

8 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

it's possible to mod the liveries for each car in the base game

Been a few months since I last checked the files but if I am remembering correctly things like the Quattro were encrypted and locked down because the only reason Codies could use it was if the agreed no other livery would be used with the iconic white/yellow version.

But my point was more that: it is way easier to unpack a file, use some other widely available editing software to modify the file, and then replace it back into the game than it is to design a full custom editor within the game itself. One just requires Codies to make sure certain files are unlocked, the other requires Codies to develop an entire sub-suite of software to be added to the game. Not really and apples to apples comparison/complaint.

If Sony and Microsoft let you run Photoshop on the consoles, included a file browser to search through install files, and also included tools to pack/unpack files you could totally do it on console too. But consoles don't let you do any of that - so if you want editable liveries on console that means Codies needs to go write all of the software to do everything in game.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Been a few months since I last checked the files but if I am remembering correctly things like the Quattro were encrypted and locked down because the only reason Codies could use it was if the agreed no other livery would be used with the iconic white/yellow version.

But my point was more that: it is way easier to unpack a file, use some other widely available editing software to modify the file, and then replace it back into the game than it is to design a full custom editor within the game itself. One just requires Codies to make sure certain files are unlocked, the other requires Codies to develop an entire sub-suite of software to be added to the game. Not really and apples to apples comparison/complaint.

I know but I just wanted to address that little element in your post. I just checked if I could extract the files for the Quattro and I actually can. It was indeed encrypted in DR but it's no longer the case in DR 2.0. 😉

• Agree 1

Just now, SimVansevenant said:

it's no longer the case in DR 2.0. 😉

Oh now that is interesting. might have to go update some of my Photoshop plugins then for this weekend then...

Just now, Mike Dee said:

Oh now that is interesting. might have to go update some of my Photoshop plugins then for this weekend then...

Haha go do that. 😉 

All the cars added as DLC can't be extracted by using the NEFS-programme. An error pops up when I try. However that doesn't happen when I tried to extract the Quattro files. In other words, you can mod that car. The only problem is that there's no 'wire'-layer for it so it won't be easy. 😛 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can anyone help me? Referring to my post here https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38442-reset-progress-doesnt-reset-credits-or-cars/ I was wondering if any of you know anything official about the "Reset Progress" function not clearing cars and credits being a bug or not. Guy in there says it isn't a bug but I haven't seen any official feedback anywhere on it, and I've searched Reddit & Steam.

I want my save wiped so I can start from scratch but it didn't clear my cars or credits. I tried to work around it by deleting the save folder like someone on Steam suggested but the whole thing is a mess now.

I'm at my wits end. I love this game, only had it 2 weeks and just bought DLC for it, but it's completely borked now.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edited by s00zster
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Haha go do that. 😉 

All the cars added as DLC can't be extracted by using the NEFS-programme. An error pops up when I try. However that doesn't happen when I tried to extract the Quattro files. In other words, you can mod that car. The only problem is that there's no 'wire'-layer for it so it won't be easy. 😛 

I just wanna Real Gold-ify an S1 Supercar hahahah.  To go with all my other simracing cars.

1 hour ago, s00zster said:

Can anyone help me? Referring to my post here https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38442-reset-progress-doesnt-reset-credits-or-cars/ I was wondering if any of you know anything official about the "Reset Progress" function not clearing cars and credits being a bug or not. Guy in there says it isn't a bug but I haven't seen any official feedback anywhere on it, and I've searched Reddit & Steam.

I want my save wiped so I can start from scratch but it didn't clear my cars or credits. I tried to work around it by deleting the save folder like someone on Steam suggested but the whole thing is a mess now.

I'm at my wits end. I love this game, only had it 2 weeks and just bought DLC for it, but it's completely borked now.

I think it's by design, but who knows they might change this in the future. I'd like to see it too. @PJTierney

If your game is screwed because of all the fiddling just use Steam's 'verify integrity of game files' function.

Still no Group B RX on PS4. The game says that I need to buy the cars, PS Store says I have purchased them. This is MOST frustrating. 

On 6/1/2019 at 5:31 AM, JesseDeya said:

A lot of stuff

@JesseDeya  I warned you that you were breaking rules, showed you the rule you were breaking, asked you to stop but you decided to try and play semantics. So I put you on a weeks posting restriction in the hopes that you would learn, something you clearly haven't. Disagreeing with people is allowed, arguing with them across multiple threads is not. Stop doing it or I will be forced to ban you, something I actually don't want to do (but suspect that you do).

As for why @Rallystu2 banned you from the discord, I have no idea. That's down to RallyStu2, who moderates the discord site, his site - his rules. It has nothing to do with this forum and we have never communicated with each other over any thing, not even you. I'm not even a member of the discord page. But I would suggest that the fact that you have had trouble on both forums says more about your posting style than the people moderating those forums.

I've been away from the site for over a week and have reurned to find loads of reports from multiple members about you, again. I am now going to clean the thread/forum and I am officially warning you that if it happens again I will ban you permanently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mmmm, fresh and clean.

C000004305-PAR-ZOOM_7a247101-1ca8-4d69-a

I reckon this guy is the one who magically cleans our cars between rally stages (but can't change a damn headlight bulb lol!!!!)

• Haha 1

Why does he drive a Subaru BRZ in those TV ads anyway :classic_ninja:

31 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Why does he drive a Subaru BRZ in those TV ads anyway :classic_ninja:

That annoys me less than the V8 sound it makes at the end...

15 hours ago, s00zster said:

Yes it seems to be  problematic. Maybe disconnecting your account from Racenet would help reset everything? There is an option in the game to do this (PS4). Or just start a new profile?

On another note, I don't like the new livery, cars look like hot wheel toys and not rally cars..

The dirt is beautiful though. Please let the dirt stay on our cars between stages! I want my cars to look like this all the time! Am I crazy?

326528379_DiRTRally2_0_20190528223518.thumb.jpg.d36e7cdececef21f351cb7f652affb55.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

Yes it seems to be  problematic. Maybe disconnecting your account from Racenet would help reset everything? There is an option in the game to do this (PS4). Or just start a new profile?

On another note, I don't like the new livery, cars look like hot wheel toys and not rally cars..

The dirt is beautiful though. Please let the dirt stay on our cars between stages! I want my cars to look like this all the time! Am I crazy?

326528379_DiRTRally2_0_20190528223518.thumb.jpg.d36e7cdececef21f351cb7f652affb55.jpg

Same.  I get mildly annoyed that when I run an RX event my car is "clean" for every heat while the AI cars just get dirtier and dirtier.

• Agree 2

porfavor hagan DIRT2 remasterizado para play station 4 .. es el mejor juego de auto.

Does anyone else feel that the Germany at night time the tarmac looks like it’s unfinised and brown and off putting?

• Disagree 1

52 minutes ago, Chewy21398 said:

Does anyone else feel that the Germany at night time the tarmac looks like it’s unfinised and brown and off putting?

The tarmac? the concrete? or the cobbles?