DiRTy Gossip

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Can you be more specific?

• Rally or Rallycross
  • Difficulty Level
  • Too fast or too slow etc.?

"Fix ________" can mean a lot of things, so specifics are always better 🙂 

Rally: For certain categories like (FWD H2, R2, Group A) the AI seems to be way too fast! They are doing World Record times. In group A, it seems to be different for each location (In new zealand there are no problems but in Poland, its nearly impossible). It's nice to have a challenge, but the AI in certain catagories need a fix.

Rallycross: The cars that are not in your race are way too fast and the ones in your race are too slow.

I don't know if anyone else can relate with this, but those are the problems that I seen.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

I think he’s referring to Masters AI times (rally mode) being quicker than the world record human times, so unless you are capable of setting world record pace you don’t stand a chance of winning. 

Having said that, Spain and Germany are significantly easier to win on, similar story to Dr1, in that the AI seem less competitive on tarmac compared to other surfaces. 

Another issue is the h1, h2 fwd times being too quick, i think that’s pretty much across all difficulties (not just Master’s). 

Ai was rating in the top 3 of the various polls for fixes that were going round the forum a few months back.

Christina did respond to AI queries not long after the game cane out, saying any work on the AI “would be a big undertaking”, so it may be on the devs radar already, but they may not have the resources to look into every issue to be fair. 

Exactly what I am referring to!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Smithers1968 said:

Read on here yesterday that we were getting a new location - Latvia. Very excited about that.....

Until I got home and rad the in game announcement properly and realised it's rallycross.

The Riga track is amazing.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, badaboum528 said:

Rally: For certain categories like (FWD H2, R2, Group A) the AI seems to be way too fast! They are doing World Record times. In group A, it seems to be different for each location (In new zealand there are no problems but in Poland, its nearly impossible). It's nice to have a challenge, but the AI in certain catagories need a fix.

Rallycross: The cars that are not in your race are way too fast and the ones in your race are too slow.

I don't know if anyone else can relate with this, but those are the problems that I seen.

@PJTierney, congrats on your new job, hope you have a lot of patience to put up with all of us, and our silly questions...

Now for the AI, the problem is transversal to a lot of categories. About a month ago, i was trying the RGT class and the AI was posting faster times than the World Records, even in Elite Tier, in some locations. I know we don't have to win all events (and probably we shouldn't expect it) to classify in the top 3, but i don't think this situation is reasonable, having one more tier above Elite...

Edited by Opassac
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

In DR1 you cheat the computer, in DR2 the computer cheats you.

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

Totally unrelated to the current topic, but the only thing this game is really missing from the stage rally perspective are Super Special Stages like the WRC games have.

The stadium stages were always my favorite.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Been suggested already as an idea for upcoming DLCs. Hope they make a return.

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

In DR1 you cheat the computer, in DR2 the computer cheats you.

The machine is basically taking over

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

Totally unrelated to the current topic, but the only thing this game is really missing from the stage rally perspective are Super Special Stages like the WRC games have.

The stadium stages were always my favorite.

Just for the record (not saying you're wrong, just different preferences) I'm completely the opposite of that.

If we had 200km of 'standard' special stage in each location, I'd be up for that, but when there's 20-30km in each then I'd rather every additional kilometre modelled was part of regular stage personally.

• Agree 3

42 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Just for the record (not saying you're wrong, just different preferences) I'm completely the opposite of that.

If we had 200km of 'standard' special stage in each location, I'd be up for that, but when there's 20-30km in each then I'd rather every additional kilometre modelled was part of regular stage personally.

Totally understandable!  I also totally get that and would like to see a REAL long stage at each rally.

I just really am a fan of the head to head style SSS's and I feel like it would be something really fun to do online with a buncha people, Race of Champions style.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

yeah, a few of the long stages in the game are actually an even longer one that's just been broken up.

Argentina is a good example... the two long ones could be combined into one huge one. I don't think it'll happen because they are two different files, but yeah, imagine having to not blink for a full 12-15 minutes!

I like the Head2Head courses in D3 and D1 too. that would be neat, especially if we could use them with both RX and rally cars...

Edited by ianism

I'd like it for something beyond season 3&4, if we ever get that lucky. H2H (SSS), Hillclimb, alternative layouts for RX, more stages for current locations, YourStage with tiles from ingame locations...

The potential for variety and growth is very large. These are all things they've done before in DiRT titles - just seperate.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, ianism said:

yeah, a few of the long stages in the game are actually an even longer one that's just been broken up.

Argentina is a good example... the two long ones could be combined into one huge one. I don't think it'll happen because they are two different files, but yeah, imagine having to not blink for a full 12-15 minutes!

I like the Head2Head courses in D3 and D1 too. that would be neat, especially if we could use them with both RX and rally cars...

13 hours ago, chukonu said:

I'd like it for something beyond season 3&4, if we ever get that lucky. H2H (SSS), Hillclimb, alternative layouts for RX, more stages for current locations, YourStage with tiles from ingame locations...

The potential for variety and growth is very large. These are all things they've done before in DiRT titles - just seperate.

Since we can't have longer stages, the trick would be to add another long one (which translates into 2 new long stages in-game). That would be enough for variety imo.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Since we can't have longer stages, the trick would be to add another long one (which translates into 2 new long stages in-game). That would be enough for variety imo.

i would like more locations instead of more tracks per locations, to have more variety

Posted (edited)

Me too, and more locations would have the priority. The problem is, if we are to make a long rally like irl, we're stuck to 2 courses and their reverses, which makes it up for 4 unique routes. Adding another 2 long stages would double this and would make rallies way more interesting.

Some of the rallies can be quite boring and repetitive because of this (example of Argentina and Germany).

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

I don't know if that's an option for every location but why not try to add one or two new long stages to the existing ones but make sure that they are not the same visually, surface-wise, etc.

I know that it's easy to do that for Germany. We can have vineyard stages for example. I know it's been brought up several times over the last few years but that shows you the amount of people wanting those vineyard stages. Are there options for all the other locations?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

I don't know if that's an option for every location but why not try to add one or two new long stages to the existing ones but make sure that they are not the same visually, surface-wise, etc.

I know that it's easy to do that for Germany. We can have vineyard stages for example. I know it's been brought up several times over the last few years but that shows you the amount of people wanting those vineyard stages. Are there options for all the other locations?

Probably it would be harder for the non-european ones if they didnt already take photos of another course, hence why i mentioned they should've done that the first time they went there. The european ones seem to be more feasable in terms of costs, specially if there's new rallies coming they can already take photos of 2 stages instead of just 1.

There's also onboard footage on Youtube that could be a great help and money saver for some famous stages' recognition. After all, it doesn't need to be 100% accurate to the last rock, the onboard footages give enough detail for a stage reconnaissance.

Example: 

Let's also not forget most of the props for these rallies already exist and can be used to speed up develpoment of said stages.

I think the most tricky part would be getting the road camber and elevations properly, and perhaps some texture work / houses. Apart from that, just drop some props on it.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

I think one more long stage per location would be enough. 2 more would be absolutely awesome, but the returns diminish a little imo.

I also agree with Riggs in that I wouldn't expect the same level of fidelity with any new ones. I just want more stuff to drive on, not for every tree to be in the exact right position

more locations would be nice too (after Finland and Greece of course).

I don't think either are happening, however. they've had a clear plan for the game since well before release, and I'm fairly certain neither of those things are in it.

{if I were to pick the most likely, I'd go with a brand-new rally location or two to get more people to buy Season 3 or 4, as well as bring new players to the game)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/7/2019 at 12:17 PM, teknoid85 said:

i would like more locations instead of more tracks per locations, to have more variety

I’m completely the opposite of this - I’m after as many unique kilometres of stage we can get - would mean it would be possible to do a longer rally without as much repetition.

As long as it’s quicker to create a new stage in an existing location as it is to create an entire new one, I’d much rather have the former.

I understand here that’s not the case, it’s probab easier to upgrade Finland than to make another New Zealand stage, but once we’ve got the 12 locations, that would be plenty for me - if they started DR3 with 8 DR2 locations and double the stages for each that would be a dream...

But that’s a long way off - for now, I’m just hoping for an updated Finland, because the stage model was superb in DR1 but the physics rendered it in enjoyable there for me - fingers crossed I get to use it with DR2’s one day.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

@PJTierney What's the deal with posting Discord links on here for a league I'm in the process of sorting out?

Allowed?

Go for it. 

Might be better off making a forum thread in the Clubs/Leagues section and then linking that thread here though.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1