DiRTy Gossip

23 minutes ago, badaboum528 said:

I'm a little bummed out about the lack of sound update for the Fabia! I hope we will get it soon!

It's never been confirmed it was coming. I don't think it is to be honest as the car they were supposed to use was sold.

the updates they had announced do not work, so they will not do any more things.
It's amazing that every update requires an update!
maybe in 2023 the game will be completely finished

• Disagree 3

For those still at work or something, eager to see new effects:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It should do yes.

If you've got an active FIA RX Championship in progress it won't show but when you create a new one it'll be there.

Brilliant, thanks for the confirmation! I guessed it wouldn't appear in ongoing Championships, but hoped it would be added to new ones!

27 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Brilliant, thanks for the confirmation! I guessed it wouldn't appear in ongoing Championships, but hoped it would be added to new ones!

Funnily enough that's what's causing the Installed Content bug right now 😄

In other news the Clubs guide is up; I'm making a forum thread now before I head home. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

By the way, wasn't it said we would be able to create Multiclass events or bann cars ?
The site only allows to pick one single ingame class.

Real bummer if that stays. Prevents creation of a true Group B (RWD + AWD) or of locking out the Evo from a Group A.

EDIT: Also maybe a way on the site to see as a member for how long an event is still running. E.g. the "Expert Dirt", I see the USA Event, but have no clue for how long it will be

Edited by SkyRex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyRex said:

For those still at work or something, eager to see new effects:

Looks much better, not like I'm flying into hyperspace aboard the Millennium Falcon anymore😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, carpa said:

Looks much better, not like I'm flying into hyperspace aboard the Millennium Falcon anymore😀

It’s even better without compression 👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

RX cars should get washed when the players car does.

They don't? I was talking about rally stages, the cars finally stay dirty when there is no service break.

Bit off topic , but anyone else think ai tyres are just selected to the weather? E.g 1st stage wet 2nd stage dry, weve to choose either a wet or dry tyre and effects 1 stage quite abit but ai are still setting fast times on both ?

3 hours ago, danielofifi said:

They don't? I was talking about rally stages, the cars finally stay dirty when there is no service break.

Do they? So can i cross that one off the bug list as well? I only played Germany tonight.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, danielofifi said:

No, previously the opponents cars would stay dirty whereas yours would get washed at the appropriate interval.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, danielofifi said:

The cars stay dirty between the stages!!!!!

Hurrrrrayyyy!!!

omg yes! but again... why isn't this is in the fix list for update 1.5!? you're making the game better but not telling us... whyyyy

been wondering why they changed the backgrounds for the Group B RWD cars... I would have guessed for the release of Wales, since the next two cars in that class are being released "with" Wales, except the background seems to be Germany. I don't know, I just liked the Sweden one, it was a nice change having a couple white ones. not exactly a big deal though haha

20190611172354_1.thumb.jpg.6216af50991c9ae59183a8d97849707b.jpg

PS, I almost hit the deer in Germany in yesterday's NR4 daily. they're 2D and ultra-low res! [amazing livery from https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/juha-salo-racing-2010.26464/ ]

20190610225801_1.thumb.jpg.54e707a3d931622c36ebf4681e6800f2.jpg

20190610225817_1.thumb.jpg.d9252f9de6636bb1019f8d9c870486cb.jpg

Edited by ianism
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We're working on finding all the phantom changes and listing them to codies to bring up as something to improve.

I hadn't noticed the background changes, not did I see that nice green M1 livery...

However I think they realised they need a more generic car background, if only to stop them being pigeon holed with certain DLC - they're not exclusive to or belonging to the locations.

But I agree, it was interesting to see a different background.  Maybe have more than one picture of the car that the game cycles through?

• Agree 1

I really really really like the rain update with 1.5. Thank you Codemasters!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

@F2CMaDMaXX yeah the green one is pretty nice. I'm not really into the historic one on that car and we can't mod the historic ones for the DLC cars. I also use that livery on the -2000cc C4 or Polo R5, it's quite nice.

anyone know if having a Bonus event without any DLC content is on purpose or not? it's often Group B 4WD cars, so I feel like it's to help people finish that Fire Up That Car.... achievement, but I'd rather it was on DLC roads. I've driven the base game ones to death.

20190612023009_1.jpg

Has anyone set up a dirty gossip club yet? If anyone was in my league from dirt rally/4 (Michaels league), I’ll get it up and running again. I seem to be having trouble on the mobile site though, it won’t let me change the number of stages/locations

4 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

Has anyone set up a dirty gossip club yet? If anyone was in my league from dirt rally/4 (Michaels league), I’ll get it up and running again. I seem to be having trouble on the mobile site though, it won’t let me change the number of stages/locations

We have a Discord championship starting up if you fancied it

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

We have a Discord championship starting up if you fancied it

At least drop the link! https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/179084

And a general preview of the club:

• You run either as a solo privateer or join a team of up to 4 drivers
  • You score points for both a Driver's Cup and a Team Cup which is awarded at the end of the championship
  • We do WRC scoring, top 2 drivers from each team can score points for the team - every driver scores points for their own DC
  • Long, hard events! Minimal service stops! You will not be running soft tyres.
  • A full schedule and race weekends designed to mimic real life events. Time, weather, degradation, even stage selection all "makes sense" logically
  • We have a Powerstage every event which gives you a chance to score extra points!
  • There will be physical prizes awarded at the end of the championship for the winners of the Cups - and we are hosting separate NA + EU Driver's Cup winners
  • Like 3

Has there been any mention of why Germany and Sweden aren't available in clubs in the discord?