DiRTy Gossip

Once is enough :classic_tongue:

I’m not aware of its audio being changed, Team would have made a bigger deal of it (like the car that’s getting updated in 1.6).

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Once is enough :classic_tongue:

I’m not aware of its audio being changed, Team would have made a bigger deal of it (like the car that’s getting updated in 1.6).

Maybe it was just a small tweak to some parameters rather than new audio assets? So an easy one to forget to include or make a fuss about?

• Agree 1

There's been a somewhat confirmation on discord that the ALS sound issue in the S14 Impreza has been fixed in patch 1.5. So another thing to add to those notes.

6 hours ago, Riggs said:

There's been a somewhat confirmation on discord that the ALS sound issue in the S14 Impreza has been fixed in patch 1.5. So another thing to add to those notes.

Only on the PC though: it still sounds the same on PS4!

Posted (edited)

Codemasters have finally figured out the best way to make you change to the master race.

Indeed it's a fair slogan

Edited by Riggs

I'm getting hyped up before Ypres Rally this coming weekend (I set off tomorrow) by watching this...

... and I can't help feel that a Porsche 911 RS SC and Lancia 037 would be superb add-ons...

Hey, a man can dream.

• Like 1

Irish rallying has lost a true legend of the sport yesterday Manus Kelly, he was a 3 time winner of the Donegal international rally and was trying to defend his title when he had an off in his i20, RIP Manus Kelly and hoping his co driver Donal  Barrett makes a full recovery. Thinking off his family at this sad time.

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

I'm getting hyped up before Ypres Rally this coming weekend (I set off tomorrow) by watching this...

... and I can't help feel that a Porsche 911 RS SC and Lancia 037 would be superb add-ons...

Hey, a man can dream.

That Ferrari 308 GTB and R5 Maxi Turbo 2 would be great to have as well 😛

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, caerphoto said:

Maybe it was just a small tweak to some parameters rather than new audio assets? So an easy one to forget to include or make a fuss about?

This.

The changes were made to "coding" for the turbo sounds which are dynamic.  It's entirely possible that they didn't make it into the consoles patches in time, hopefully 1.6.

Posted (edited)

Maybe this is idea for some liveries in DR2.0? Tribute to militairy and veterans and for the ones who have fallen. One side tributing those, and the other side having a cool livery in the game and as a plus creating goodwill 🙂 The same can be done with other days like "international women day", "independence day", "Movember", etc.
https://paulmillerracing.com/paul-miller-racing-honors-military-with-patriotic-livery-for-the-glen/

PMR_Watkins_Glen_Livery_20190621_6-1024x683.jpg

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 1

1, it’s awesome. (Andy Blackmore’s work usually is)

2, comes down to the usual things: dev time, licensing etc. 

Posted (edited)

If you are to get into livery licensing, rather try licensing Total for the upcoming Peugeot 206 2001 silver livery and Xsara's 2001 Citroen Total red livery. Resultado de imagem para kappa meme But make sure you get the money on the cars first :classic_biggrin:

And dont forget Martini stripes with blue Telefonica in the back, without the Martini logo so that you don't have to alter PEGI rating. This one doesn't have the martini logo: https://youtu.be/bEFlTw4MjRA?t=291 | Also this one https://youtu.be/PzKorXypM_U?t=28 But it'd look weird without the spoiler.

An alternative to the Lancer Evo VI Marlboro livery, due to PEGI as well: https://youtu.be/nlXpqrs0xLE?t=200 or Tommi Makinen brought the new Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution to 1st place in the Monte Carlo Rally - click here to go to Mitsubishi's Motorsport page or use the bar code version https://youtu.be/WyYI5XXT3QQ?t=1939

Now that would be a good CMR 2.0 tribute 😄 As for development time.. I'm sure you can talk with the creators of some of these liveries, as they have been made for both DiRT Rally 1 and DiRT4, some of which are of very high quality. I'm sure it would be an honor to those creators to see their work being officially used in the game. That's how you take the "Share Your Screenshot" to another level 😄 

The hardest part would be getting in touch with the brands and reach an agreement. As for the liveries themselves, it's a matter of a week to reach every creator and see if they want their livery being starred in the game.

Or just unlock the liveries for all the cars, DLC more precisely. Resultado de imagem para troll meme transparent

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

The barcode Marlboro logo is prohibited in most of europe because it still evoques the original logo. And given the fuss associations are making about Mission Winnow, I don't think Codies really want to get involved with tobacco sponsorships. 

The Martini stripes are a different matter and they've been tackled in various different ways by devs. Seeing how they reproduced the Williams Martini Racing livery in F1 games, Codies again don't seem very keen on this

f1-2018-williams.jpg

13 hours ago, Riggs said:

If you are to get into livery licensing, rather try licensing Total for the upcoming Peugeot 206 2001 silver livery and Xsara's 2001 Citroen Total red livery. Resultado de imagem para kappa meme But make sure you get the money on the cars first :classic_biggrin:

And dont forget Martini stripes with blue Telefonica in the back, without the Martini logo so that you don't have to alter PEGI rating. This one doesn't have the martini logo: https://youtu.be/bEFlTw4MjRA?t=291 | Also this one https://youtu.be/PzKorXypM_U?t=28 But it'd look weird without the spoiler.

An alternative to the Lancer Evo VI Marlboro livery, due to PEGI as well: https://youtu.be/nlXpqrs0xLE?t=200 or Tommi Makinen brought the new Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution to 1st place in the Monte Carlo Rally - click here to go to Mitsubishi's Motorsport page or use the bar code version https://youtu.be/WyYI5XXT3QQ?t=1939

Now that would be a good CMR 2.0 tribute 😄 As for development time.. I'm sure you can talk with the creators of some of these liveries, as they have been made for both DiRT Rally 1 and DiRT4, some of which are of very high quality. I'm sure it would be an honor to those creators to see their work being officially used in the game. That's how you take the "Share Your Screenshot" to another level 😄 

The hardest part would be getting in touch with the brands and reach an agreement. As for the liveries themselves, it's a matter of a week to reach every creator and see if they want their livery being starred in the game.

Reveal hidden contents

Or just unlock the liveries for all the cars, DLC more precisely. Resultado de imagem para troll meme transparent

I admire your ideas and enthusiasm, but do we actually think there is any possibility of the 206 or Xsara coming? 

I know the 2001 focus and impreza are a lot more likely as they were in the previous games.

There was a little bit of gossip about the 206, with the wall mounted car thing. Hope is the last to die :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, carpa said:

The barcode Marlboro logo is prohibited in most of europe because it still evoques the original logo. And given the fuss associations are making about Mission Winnow, I don't think Codies really want to get involved with tobacco sponsorships. 

The Martini stripes are a different matter and they've been tackled in various different ways by devs. Seeing how they reproduced the Williams Martini Racing livery in F1 games, Codies again don't seem very keen on this

f1-2018-williams.jpg

I think this one was like this for a year.

53 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

I admire your ideas and enthusiasm, but do we actually think there is any possibility of the 206 or Xsara coming? 

I know the 2001 focus and impreza are a lot more likely as they were in the previous games.

Impreza is confirmed by CM. Focus is very likely. 206 is 50/50 I would say. Xsara who knows

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ianism said:

Impreza is confirmed by CM. Focus is very likely. 206 is 50/50 I would say. Xsara who knows

Okay, i will eat my hat if the Xsara or 206 make it lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

Will you stream this dinner of yours? :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

image.png

Not confirming or denying anything; mainly preserving this, just in case. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Riggs said:

I think this one was like this for a year.

You mean in game? No, it was like this from 2014 to 2018, then Martini stopped sponsoring Williams (and it seems they did so at the right time) 

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

image.png

Not confirming or denying anything; mainly preserving this, just in case. 😉 

Things are getting spicy. Even though I don't know what a hat actually tastes like 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, carpa said:

Things are getting spicy. Even though I don't know what a hat actually tastes like 

Who knows, maybe his hat is made of fondant. Perfectly edible.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

it's all in this thread somewhere lol

[after a bit of searching]

ya it's because someone from CM said in March that they were going to a nearby museum to do a scan of a car for the game, but it was going to be complicated because it was on a wall. here: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/03/celebrating-the-women-behind-our-games-for-iwd2019-meet-mandy/

I’m currently trying to arrange for a car to be scanned that is going to be in one of our DiRT Rally 2.0 service updates – however this car is stuck to a wall in a museum somewhere, so it’s going to be a fun job for the Vehicle Art team!

so people started speculating which cars they wanted to see in the game. and obviously the 206 was pretty much top of the list. and then we got this glorious post.

On 3/8/2019 at 8:32 PM, F2CMaDMaXX said:

It's funny people are mentioning the 206...

I just found a Burns 206 WRC mounted to a wall in a museum pretty close to one of codies office locations.

Peugot2.JPG

I think it's still 50/50 for the car, but you never know. :classic_ninja:

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carpa said:

You mean in game? No, it was like this from 2014 to 2018, then Martini stopped sponsoring Williams (and it seems they did so at the right time) 

I mean this in real life F1 Resultado de imagem para martini williams f1 so apparently it was a real addition to the game.

Eitherway, CMR iOS has the stripes, and CMR2.0 with the ford logo instead. I suppose that would be a viable option.

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

I mean this in real life F1 Resultado de imagem para martini williams f1 so apparently it was a real addition to the game.

Eitherway, CMR iOS has the stripes, and CMR2.0 with the ford logo instead. I suppose that would be a viable option.

The livery with the blue stripe was used in the Bahrain and United Arab Emirates GP because of the different laws about alcohol promotion there

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1