DiRTy Gossip

3 hours ago, ianism said:

it's all in this thread somewhere lol

[after a bit of searching]

ya it's because someone from CM said in March that they were going to a nearby museum to do a scan of a car for the game, but it was going to be complicated because it was on a wall. here: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/03/celebrating-the-women-behind-our-games-for-iwd2019-meet-mandy/

so people started speculating which cars they wanted to see in the game. and obviously the 206 was pretty much top of the list. and then we got this glorious post.

I think it's still 50/50 for the car, but you never know. :classic_ninja:

Thanks for finding that again. I remember seeing that at the time, and was excited, but no news since has meant i have stopped holding my breath.

I remember the 92 legacy and 97 impreza posts too.

But at this rate i would be happy if we even got just 1 of those 3 lol

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, JorritVD said:

There will be "Rally" cars though, like this 2001 Impreza. #finallybacktogossip
474633551_2001impreza.thumb.png.4ce98299f0f12ba027dd3bde635ba354.png

Just dropping it now again here.... We know the 2001 Impreza has been spotted in DR2.0 even before launch.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Just dropping it now again here.... We know the 2001 Impreza has been spotted in DR2.0 even before launch.

Begs the question as to why it wasn’t included in the game at launch. One of the most popular cars in the game, with a decent livery too. 

10 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Begs the question as to why it wasn’t included in the game at launch. One of the most popular cars in the game, with a decent livery too. 

Licence isnt cheap, and there are bigger chance that they will sell better Impreza in rally game as DLC, then for example Mustang, Camaro (which they needed  cover cost, for modeling and licence) for Grid

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

also there was some confusion as to whether we were going to get this or the 2008 one in Season 1.

CM confirmed we were getting the 2008 but then also said the 2001 one was for sure coming.

1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

early 00s cars are good at helping sell DLC. also honestly it's been in D4 and DR1, and there was already 3 Imprezas at launch so it's nice to get different stuff in base game like RGT, new R5s, new historic cars etc

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, ianism said:

also there was some confusion as to whether we were going to get this or the 2008 one in Season 1.

CM confirmed we were getting the 2008 but then also said the 2001 one was for sure coming.

early 00s cars are good at helping sell DLC. also honestly it's been in D4 and DR1, and there was already 3 Imprezas at launch so it's nice to get different stuff in base game like RGT, new R5s, new historic cars etc

What were the 3 impreza’s at launch? Surely only the 1995 one was present at launch? 

And yes, saving all the 2000’s to use as dlc was an interesting choice, certainly sells well as dlc as customers are forced to pay extra if they want to use the 2000’s class, which in previous games was the most popular class. Certainly what the leaderboards suggest anyway.  

Edited by Pieman99

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

What were the 3 impreza’s at launch? Surely only the 1995 one was present at launch? 

RX and NR4.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The early 2000s package will sell like cupcakes, and it makes sense leaving that for further DLC to keep money coming in.

I hope they realize an extra route "Stage DLC" per rally will just sell as well or even more, and decide to go down that path too.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I hope they realize an extra route "Stage DLC" per rally will just sell as well or even more, and decide to go down that path too.

99% sure this'll never happen. probably don't have the staff any more and it was almost certainly never in the plan for the game.

but keep banging on about it because I want it too! 😄

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I am just sometimes suprised how the trophy percentages are in DR2.0. 

So halve of the PS4 players never could beat the AI even on the easiest career events...
image.png.96bfa2fe77b11e4ebe543edc2261099f.png

This is also an interesting one, just 1,1 percent of the players got this trophy. I also got this just recently, but interesting its that low.
image.png.84c42941051fb3e40b164e7a348b01b7.png

This trophy i not have, but will get once when I have some more time. But does this mean that people are just not that interested in weekly events?
image.png.fd391c86886f5e4e16ed38359f854d63.png

I not even touched the historics mode. But this is also very low imo, but apperently more people did this than three weekly events...
image.png.6249efdbd83ca8a970c7909b404f0c0e.png

There are some other interesting statistics. But some I was really suprised how low it is. Really questioning what people do or do not like. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1

It is smart from coodies using 2000s for dlc and the likes of wales and Germany and some other classic cars, here's to hoping we'll see a few new 2000s cars and historics or popular cars in local rallys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riggs said:

The early 2000s package will sell like cupcakes, and it makes sense leaving that for further DLC to keep money coming in.

Yeah, this is the period that many of us having been harping on about for years, so the DLC is sure to sell well. 

The quattro trophy ("Fire Up That Car... Again") was bugged at release @JorritVD which might account for why the completion for that is low. 

"Adaptable" is still bugged as well, so the completion figure for that is minute as well. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I am just sometimes suprised how the trophy percentages are in DR2.0. 

So half of the PS4 players never could beat the AI even on the easiest career events...

Most people don't go for achievements. Go to any single player game and check it out. I have Persona 5 and I think (my brother is borrowing my PS4) that only like 70% of the people beat the first dungeon. Very few finished the game. The same goes for Uncharted 4 and every other game I've checked.

I don't really do the campaign mode in dirt and generally just do custom events. I also skip the weeklies n stuff.

In other news, this week Mr. The Block heads to Ireland where he complains about the weather, the stages, the locals, the lack of testing on his car, and sabotages a competitors car so he crashes after he was caught trying to steal it.

On a more serious note, at the end it's revealed that the rally was canceled due to a large crash in which Manus Kelly, 3 time champ had passed. Mr. The Block offers his condolences, in spite of my dark humor wanting to say he didn't.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Thanks 3

WRC 8 alpine , stratos and proton R5 confirmed its french video 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ianism said:

RX and NR4.

Ah my bad, forgot about those 🙈

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

WRC 8 alpine , stratos and proton R5 confirmed its french video 

Great, just talking😲

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Nit happens often, but quite a real RX start in an online even. I am not really used to the Megane, so my driving is not perfect, as i sometimes can't find the correct gears and things.

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Great, just talking😲

he said this in 2:40 he said " for the nostalgic player , for the first time in WRC , you can play with historic car alpine , lancia stratos and the famous proton , the proton never driver drive this car is not classic car is new car "  kylotonn add real  complete super stage in the game , you have  14 country  for more 100 stages ,  50 rally team, and he add more option for camera views ( third person , onboard .....)                                                                                                                                                                                

for career mode you manage your team, rest of the team or participate in extreme events to earn money but the team is tired,in your  

team you have meteorologist , doctor and more , and now in wrc carrer  you have 2 start choice 

you start in wrc junior  category or you  start in wrc 2 private team and after you go in wrc 2 pro team and after you finish in WRC 

in carrer mode is possible upgrade your team with search and developement 

sorry for my bad english 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

And the final had a crazy start as well. I hate the green light lag. gives some really advantage, but maybe sometimes i have the advantage, and sometimes the other. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, JorritVD said:

And the final had a crazy start as well. I hate the green light lag. gives some really advantage, but maybe sometimes i have the advantage, and sometimes the other. 

Nice one JorritVD. We should try a race together one day!

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, gk9147 said:

he said this in 2:40 he said " for the nostalgic player , for the first time in WRC , you can play with historic car alpine , lancia stratos and the famous proton , the proton never driver drive this car is not classic car is new car "  kylotonn add real  complete super stage in the game , you have  14 country  for more 100 stages ,  50 rally team, and he add more option for camera views ( third person , onboard .....)                                                                                                                                                                                

for career mode you manage your team, rest of the team or participate in extreme events to earn money but the team is tired,in your  

team you have meteorologist , doctor and more , and now in wrc carrer  you have 2 start choice 

you start in wrc junior  category or you  start in wrc 2 private team and after you go in wrc 2 pro team and after you finish in WRC 

in carrer mode is possible upgrade your team with search and developement 

sorry for my bad english 

No problem, easy enough to read and understand.

I do like the career progression path from privateer to wrc 2 pro, etc...  I kind of wished for DR2.0 to have a realistic career progression, like this.  Its kind of there, but not exactly logical.

• Like 1

I have the Deluxe Edition (and I assume many others so as well), so the DLC doesn't really affect me, or at least I paid for it upfront. But if this game gets Season 3 and even 4, the amount of DLC available alongside the game will leave a poor taste in new player's mouth. While the game is on sale, the price of the DLC is nearly equal to the price of the base game, which is ridiculous.

When in Season 2, the price of Season 1 content should be permanently 50% off. When we go into Season 3, same should happen to Season 2 and Season 1 content should become free. This way, DiRT Rally 2.0 becomes a better and better package with time for first-time buyers and the price of the paid DLCs remains the same at all times. It also shows a commitment to further support the game with more updates and more seasons.

Lets be honest, most of this content was already finished before the release and is waiting to be put behind a paywall. A ton of negative reviews on Steam mention the DLCs and, given that it's the only thing potential buyers can actually check and see (by looking at the amount and price), it works as an immediate deterrent.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

Thank you PJ!

Now that console resolutions have been addressed, some mention of the 'dark shadows' issue would go down a treat imho, as it's an issue for many of us...

6 hours ago, Yaggings said:

I have the Deluxe Edition (and I assume many others so as well), so the DLC doesn't really affect me, or at least I paid for it upfront. But if this game gets Season 3 and even 4, the amount of DLC available alongside the game will leave a poor taste in new player's mouth. While the game is on sale, the price of the DLC is nearly equal to the price of the base game, which is ridiculous.

When in Season 2, the price of Season 1 content should be permanently 50% off. When we go into Season 3, same should happen to Season 2 and Season 1 content should become free. This way, DiRT Rally 2.0 becomes a better and better package with time for first-time buyers and the price of the paid DLCs remains the same at all times. It also shows a commitment to further support the game with more updates and more seasons.

Lets be honest, most of this content was already finished before the release and is waiting to be put behind a paywall. A ton of negative reviews on Steam mention the DLCs and, given that it's the only thing potential buyers can actually check and see (by looking at the amount and price), it works as an immediate deterrent.

Sorry, that's not how this works.  I see your points, but it sounds like you're complaining that there is extra content available.

I'm wondering if it's because you think this content was ready before release.  You shouldn't assume things you don't know the answer to and then run with them, making wild assumptions based upon a previous assumption being true.

I can categorically tell you that none of this DLC was finished\ready before the game went to press (remember the game takes about a month to go through release acceptance with sony\microsoft.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1