DiRTy Gossip

Would reeeeally love to see some more historic FWD cars added to the game. The DLC cars seem to have been very RWD-focused so far...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ale81udine said:

pace notes are not perfect, I add, very simple and incomplete. 20 years that I work with pace notes, if it were for me they would be much more complete and accurate. but ... it's a game.

Not pace notes, patch notes.

Edited by ShodanCat
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jake Cushing said:

Would reeeeally love to see some more historic FWD cars added to the game. The DLC cars seem to have been very RWD-focused so far...

i mean, they've just added 3 classes... Group B RWD, Group 4WD RX and 2000cc. so 1/3 are RWD. I wouldn't say that's very RWD-focused. more than I would like for sure, but they're interesting cars.

I too would like some more FWD cars. the F2 kit cars are on the way, almost guaranteed I would say. hopefully we'll get 4 of them!

4 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Wasn't that eastern european article suggested that the i20 and the Riga track would come? The Riga track is here now. I think it is a

As I would love to see the DS3 as well (and the Focus RS RX, and the Marklund Polo, and others), there hasn't been a big important DS3 entry in World RX last year or this year. The MINI on other side has been run by Bennett and Xite, which has been also promoting the game. 

it would be awesome to see the following Supercars being added to the game:
- DS Automobiles DS3 (Doran ran one event in ARX 2018, and Solberg won Nordic RX with it)
- Ford Fiesta M-Sport (unlikely, but this car runs in 2019 ARX and was the ERX 2018 champion car) 
- Ford Focus M-Sport (ARX 2018)
- Hyundai i20 GRX (WRX)
- Mini Cooper Xite (WRX, ARX)
- SEAT Ibiza Munnich (ERX, ARX, WRX)
- VW Beetle (ARX 2018)
- VW Polo Marklund (different teams run it in ERX and Nordic)

There is still than the MINI Countryman from DIRT 4, but it hasn't been competing anywhere as far as i know, so it is not really that interesting.

I think likely the i20 and Mini Cooper will come
Possible with and updated Ibiza, the M-Sport Focus and VW Beetle
And maybe will with an addition of the DS3 and the non factory Polo

Season 2 was announced on May 17th, a few days before the end of season 1.
Season 2 will end on 13th of August, with the release of Estering (looking forward to that).
So maybe around August 9, in about a month of time, we might know about more DLC seasons.
That makes it some time about guessing, which is also fun, but also questioning my patience 😛

I'm not too interested in the Mini. it doesn't help that Bennett has has been super unimpressive in it. more cars are always welcome though.

I can see them doing another two or three RX tracks, and 2 cars to release along with each, like how we're getting the Group B RX cars with Estering and Latvia. cars that currently run in the WRX are the most likely... then ARX cars after

so this is just my list of WRX cars I think are the most likely:

• Mini of course, I think it's almost certain to make an appearance eventually
  • Renault Clio GCK (which you forgot 😉)
  • Hyundai i20 (hopefully hopefully)
  • SEAT Ibiza maybe
  • Skoda Fabia maybe
  • Citroen DS3 hasn't been run regularly since 2016, so I don't see it happening unless they do like a throwback RX month and include it with the Hoonigan Focus or something. really unlikely.

then after that who knows? there's already a couple of Fiesta RXs and a Polo R in the game, so I think those are unlikely, but ones I think we could get:

• Beetle would be amazing.
  • Focus is less likely but you never know.
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, ianism said:

The F2 kit cars are on the way, almost guaranteed I would say. hopefully we'll get 4 of them!

Is this something there's been any official word on? 

6 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Many things seem to be almost guaranteed in this forum.

There is nothing guaranteed at the moment, just guesses.

No single official confirmation, if we get ANYTHING after season 2.

PJ is teasing us with a wooden stick sometimes, but that doesn't mean, we get a new season pass.

Maybe they come up with a DiRT 5 announcement in september or something, wouldn't be really surprised, but I hope not.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I dont think DiRT 5 will see the day light anytime soon. There has been enough evidence showing it's a dead end. Plus, splitting the DiRT community throughout 2 titles is the worst thing you can do. This one just got out of the stores.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

PJ is teasing us with a wooden stick sometimes, but that doesn't mean, we get a new season pass.

Maybe they come up with a DiRT 5 announcement in september or something, wouldn't be really surprised, but I hope not.

No promises about anything, but definitely a lot of hinting towards at least more content to at least some degree. The obvious content would be more remasters from DR1 like the F2 cars and Greece + Finland.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Shall a next title be developed, let it be DR3. Please don't waste money on arcade rally anymore. Use what you've done best.

Until then, keep phasing in content so we keep ourselves entertained and help funding the next project.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

No promises about anything, but definitely a lot of hinting towards at least more content to at least some degree. The obvious content would be more remasters from DR1 like the F2 cars and Greece + Finland.

I really don't get why many here love these F2 Kit Cars from DR1.

Didn't really liked them in DR1, because they are FWD.

But I love the VW Golf GTI in DR2.0 now, so maybe I would change my mind.

I would love to see some more Group B-, Group A- and older WRC cars.

(Always assuming Toyota and 2011+ WRC cars are not possible due to licensing issues atm.)

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I really don't get why many here love these F2 Kit Cars from DR1.

Didn't really liked them in DR1, because they are FWD.

But I love the VW Golf GTI in DR2.0 now, so maybe I would change my mind.

I would love to see some more Group B-, Group A- and older WRC cars.

(Always assuming Toyota and 2011+ WRC cars are not possible due to licensing issues atm.)

I'm normally not a big fan of FWDs but in DR2.0 I've really found myself at least having more fun than I expect in the R2s so I assume the F2s and their insane rev limits would be the same. That and more diversity in classes is never a bad thing. Plenty of older cars we'd all love to get into the game as well, but most of those classes are reasonably well rounded with options so adding another class (especially an under represented class like FWD) is the smart play.

I also have a feeling F2's are easier to license than some of the more famous Group A beasts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Let's be honest, whoever came up with FWD, it was a terrible idea! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

While I also struggle to love FWD, F2 is a unique experience that I'd love to see in DR2. They're some of the fastest and most powerful FWD cars ever in rallying and they offer a driving experience that R2 and H2/H1 FWD classes simply can't match.

It also helps that many of the F2 Kit Cars are cult classic rally cars from our childhood: Citroen Xsara/Saxo, Renault Maxi Megane, Peugeot 306, Seat Ibiza, Nissan Sunny, Skoda Felicia, Opel Astra and such.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The few hints there have been have all been to do with content from the previous game. Christina heavily hinted that the f2 ibiza and 306 would make it. And a pic of the 2001 subaru from dr1 was shown too. I would put money on those, but nothing else yet as I have yet to see any hints/ responses regarding any content that would be new to the series. 

To clarify, im speaking from a rally perspective. We’ve had plenty of fresh RX content so far so that more of that could be a realistic proposition. 

The extra slots on Steam has given me a bit of hope though

Edited by Pieman99

The more content the better getting excited about hopefully more seasons 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

The few hints there have been have all been to do with content from the previous game. Christina heavily hinted that the f2 ibiza and 306 would make it. And a pic of the 2001 subaru from dr1 was shown too. I would put money on those, but nothing else yet as I have yet to see any hints/ responses regarding any content that would be new to the series. 

To clarify, im speaking from a rally perspective. We’ve had plenty of fresh RX content so far so that more of that could be a realistic proposition. 

I certainly don’t recall any hints about an F2 Ibiza. I’d suggest Seat are more conspicuous by their absence, especially as the RX car would have made an awful lot of sense.

If I were a betting man, I’d put more on the Nissan F2 joining the 306 in any future DLC than the Seat making a comeback.

That said, worth noting that the S1 and S2 cars have basically been 3 batches of 4 cars, and each has joined a completely new class that wasn’t in the base game.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

5 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

5 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

there was a fb post by some rally driver of a Nissan (Almera?) F2 too (see below). sure, nothing confirmed has been by CM, but it's been hinted very heavily for a while now that there is more content coming. that plus the extra slots for location which have been on steamdb since February and the DLCs added last week allow us to make pretty well-educated guesses

Christina did confirm the Impreza 2001 is going to be in the game back when the content for Season 1 was announced, because there was some confusion about whether the 2000cc Impreza being released with the 2007 Focus was from 2008 or 2001.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:29 AM, ChristinaMc said:

Hi team! So, there's been a bit of confusion over which Impreza's going to be in the Season One pack. After double and triple checking, I can confirm that it is the 2008 Subaru Impreza coming in Week 9. We were right in the first place, the correction was wrong - it's the one piloted by Petter Solberg in the top flight international rally championship 11 years ago.

However, because of the boo-boo, I'm allowed to tell you this: there was only confusion because we'll be bringing the 2001 Impreza to the game in another Season. 😉 

Sorry again! The good news is, we know to double and triple check before publishing/amending lists now... 

On 2/27/2019 at 1:27 PM, Rallycameraman said:

Well this is interesting. Kit Cars confirmed!!

BAB96505-A596-4795-ADE8-3A63AB0EECDC.png

Edited by ianism
  • Thanks 3

Don't forget, the format of season 1 and 2 were planned and modified before announcement to include more stage content.  

Season 3 may or may not follow the same content style\schedules depending on how that worked out for codies during 1 & 2.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Don't forget, the format of season 1 and 2 were planned and modified before announcement to include more stage content.  

Season 3 may or may not follow the same content style\schedules depending on how that worked out for codies during 1 & 2.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that we'll continue to get the same amount of content in each season.

the only difference I can remember was that when preorders went up they said there would 5 cars per season, but so far we've gotten 6 in each.

seems to me like they had to say more or less what was in the DLC when it was time for the preorders to go up, but didn't have all the licenses they wanted for that content locked in yet so they had to be conservative just in case something went wrong.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:29 AM, ChristinaMc said:

- it's the one piloted by Petter Solberg in the top flight international rally championship 11 years ago.

just noticed. she isn't even writing the words World Rally Championship or the acronym WRC in her forum posts.

that is interesting.

could be nothing though lol

• Haha 1

Nah, it's deliberate due to licensing, it was the term we all referenced so she's being very deliberate/funny there 🙂

I have no doubt we're going to continue to get some awesome content, but there is still the option for it's format to possibly change, we'll find out soon enough though i feel 😉

Short version, whilst i'm not a massive RX fan over stage rally, i do like the content and it's actually a lot more fun to play that i'd have wagered money on, so i'll be buying whatever season pass they let me tbh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Nah, it's deliberate due to licensing, it was the term we all referenced so she's being very deliberate/funny there 🙂

I have no doubt we're going to continue to get some awesome content, but there is still the option for it's format to possibly change, we'll find out soon enough though i feel 😉

Short version, whilst i'm not a massive RX fan over stage rally, i do like the content and it's actually a lot more fun to play that i'd have wagered money on, so i'll be buying whatever season pass they let me tbh.

exactly, and agreed.

same for RX, even though I watch it.  it's just less fun to play than rally. at least so far in season 2 we're getting two of the best tracks in the championship. Group B RX cars are ok. I'd rather have supercars but oh well.

11 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Before the seasons were announced each season was going to have 3 tracks and 5 cars. It even says so in the Codemasters store currently. So they changed season 1 and 2 to have 1 more car than originally planned. I think it could lower the car count of possible seasons 3 and 4 to 4 cars each season.

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2019 at 1:52 PM, Pfei said:

It has nothing to do with licensing as tobacco and alcohol decals abound in GT Sport. I have scoured the documentation looking for clues as to how it's handled but all I can find is a warning that illegal and offensive decals will be removed. And from experience I know this to be true. PD is active in removing offensive content. However, real-world stuff like old liveries with tobacco and alcohol are never taken down. It must have something to do with the fact that they are user-made and falls into "Any depiction or recreation of real world locations, entities, businesses, or organizations is not intended to be or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of this game by such party or parties. " Just look at some of these examples. There's even some Codies-themed stuff there:

4611717980184674816_0.thumb.jpg.a10f8f7d78341d20e2c97b169aaa6cfd.jpg

"Any depiction or recreation of real world locations, entities, businesses, or organizations is not intended to be or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of this game by such party or parties. "

Then why can't DR2 follow that same path? That sentence would also be valid for modded liveries, since there's no editor ingame, therefore DLC cars could be unlocked 'unintentionally'. Just pretend it's another bug that came in a patch instead of breaking another gameplay feature. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 2

Weren’t we supposed to have a patch this morning? Not seen any news.