Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, tonzboher said:

Think it was Mitsubishi trucks or Mitsubishi electronics not the cars

Pretty sure that's the same parent company. They have the same logo.

They also made that brilliant little plane during WW2. Shame really.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Guys...any chance Codies are going to add the new Fiesta R5?in the end they have the Ford licence so...your opinion?

Cars are licenced on an individual basis I believe, there’s no blanket ‘Ford licence’.

I’d be surprised to see the Mk8 whilst we have the Mk7, but stranger things have happened and I certainly wouldn’t complain (especially if bundled with the Hyundai!).

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Cars are licenced on an individual basis I believe, there’s no blanket ‘Ford licence’.

I’d be surprised to see the Mk8 whilst we have the Mk7, but stranger things have happened and I certainly wouldn’t complain (especially if bundled with the Hyundai!).

A bundle i20 and mk8 fiesta r5... That would be perfect...(shut up and take my money) i can only hope.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Riggs said:

Yes. Seemed weird though, a car brand sponsoring another car brand

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Honda 😉

 

My favourite of those was the BMW Sauber Ferrari from 2010 😄 

  • Haha 4
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally bought DR 2.0 when it went on sale on the PS store. Playing it with a G29, I actually enjoy the FFB (probably because all the shaking in DR1 was tiresome).

I'm almost done with my first My Team event in an R2, tried the special daily in the H3 RWD and boy does the Lancia Stratos like to spin in my hands. Anyone have tips on how to train that beast, or should I just pick the BMW E30?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ark13700 said:

Finally bought DR 2.0 when it went on sale on the PS store. Playing it with a G29, I actually enjoy the FFB (probably because all the shaking in DR1 was tiresome).

I'm almost done with my first My Team event in an R2, tried the special daily in the H3 RWD and boy does the Lancia Stratos like to spin in my hands. Anyone have tips on how to train that beast, or should I just pick the BMW E30?

I suggest you to work with different differential settings,try to work on rollbar/suspensions as well.(with the right setup it's a proper weapon)Yeah the Stratos really like to spin it's normal,the e30 it's more on the modern side and easy to use,but in my opinion way slower on mixed surfaces and gravel.Anyway you can try both on time trial and compare times and feeling 😉

Edited by AlexSpartan316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RaceNet (at least for me on xbox) is down.

Perfect example why I hate forced online single player modes.

Wanted to finish career...now I can't and have to wait.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The bog standard player who doesn’t visit the forum (not that there have been many hints/information from codies here either) probably thinks that season 2 will be the end of the dlc.

 

So IF there is going to be some more, i’m a little surprised that codies aren’t trying to drum up some hype to ensure that current users stay with the game and that future content sells well. Things like messages on the menu screen of the game or something.

 

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

RaceNet (at least for me on xbox) is down.

Perfect example why I hate forced online single player modes.

Wanted to finish career...now I can't and have to wait.

that sucks 😕

finish career though? the whole point is that masters gets harder every time you beat it, so it technically never "ends"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ianism said:

that sucks 😕

finish career though? the whole point is that masters gets harder every time you beat it, so it technically never "ends"

I know how the career mode works.

And I don't believe, that masters gets harder everytime I beat it, that doesn't make much sense.

Where you have that info from?

 

I meant with "finishing career" just the current run/championship.

I'm in a bad mood now, arrgh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

The bog standard player who doesn’t visit the forum (not that there have been many hints/information from codies here either) probably thinks that season 2 will be the end of the dlc.

 

So IF there is going to be some more, i’m a little surprised that codies aren’t trying to drum up some hype to ensure that current users stay with the game and that future content sells well. Things like messages on the menu screen of the game or something.

Yeah well codies have seemed to proved themselves actually rather **** at both generating interest and keeping in touch with the fans. PJ is more active than Xtina, which he says was doing all the community effort, but he still can't say anything the company won't allow him to, regardless of whether or not they are planning on a season 3.

So while PJ is more active, it's been about talking some patch notes (Which they're still very coy about sharing what they're working on, which is weird) or generalities. You'd really think that all the positive feedback from how DR1 was handled would've had some impact, but apparently not.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just noticed that the Up to 2000cc class has got 4WD on the end. seems like it's leaving room for a 2000cc FWD class - ie the kit cars.

Group B AWD/RWD is the precedent.

but eh, we'll see.

6 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I know how the career mode works.

And I don't believe, that masters gets harder everytime I beat it, that doesn't make much sense.

Where you have that info from?

 

I meant with "finishing career" just the current run/championship.

I'm in a bad mood now, arrgh.

devs talked about it in one of the preview videos for the game. but that was a long time ago, so maybe not I guess. I don't know, I'll probably never make it past elite.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ianism said:

devs talked about it in one of the preview videos for the game. but that was a long time ago, so maybe not I guess. I don't know, I'll probably never make it past elite.

Nah mate.

Preview videos are basically PR videos. Nothing in them without prove I believe for even a second.

To clarify: I don't believe PR videos in general, not only Codemasters.

Playing videogames for over 20 years now and these kind of videos were usually "overblown" or just lets say "ambitious".

 

Look at how the AI is in the game.

It's the weakest point in the game (but probably also the hardest part to get right).

That was also the only negative point in the original DiRT Rally for me.

A few stages in Greece, Sweden and especially Monte Carlo were much harder than all the other stages on the respective difficulty setting.

 

DiRT 4 had the exact same problem, the main reason why I stopped playing it after a few weeks.

It got a huge patch a few months later, I don't know, if this patch fixed the AI. Could be, but probably not.

 

And now DiRT Rally 2.0.

H2 FWD, R2 and partly other classes are unplayable on higher difficulties, except if you don't mind losing everytime by a huge margin.

Especially Poland seems to be very badly balanced on even more classes.

The reason why I barely play this game against the AI. Sadly.

But I can deal with it, because community dailys/weeklys/monthlys and clubs are the main reason why I play this game now every single day.

As long as I don't need to deal with direct contact (like in FH4 online races) I like the PvP aspect.

 

The text got much longer than originally intended, sorry 😄

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

It's the weakest point in the game (but probably also the hardest part to get right).

Is it? I always wondered why they never added some rudimentary algorithm based on players' performance, community delta and whatnot. I really don't see why this would be such an issue. In the same way that I never understood why the stage randomiser they apparently also use for creating online events is just a primitive completely random one with no regard for conditions, stage succession etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JZStudios said:

PJ is more active than Xtina, which he says was doing all the community effort, but he still can't say anything the company won't allow him to, regardless of whether or not they are planning on a season 3.

So while PJ is more active, it's been about talking some patch notes (Which they're still very coy about sharing what they're working on, which is weird) or generalities.

Bear in mind that I'm still figuring my way through all of this, I've only been here since the start of June. 😉 

The main reason for being somewhat vague is that I don't want to get into a position of "promising" things that may change or not get delivered, or aren't ready to be announced. I don't want to be in a scenario where I say "___ is coming to Version 1.7" and then 2 days later dev team tells me it's taking longer to go through QA than expected and gets pushed back to 1.8.

Bigger things like VR and any potential future content require more coordination than simply dropping things in a forum post or Discord chat.

Rest assured that once things do get locked in (be it dates or the content itself), I am always interested in drumming up hype. 🙂 

 

One thing I can say right now is that the next patch will not be on a Tuesday, it's expected to be on a Thursday. Expect it in early August (first week or 2). 👍🏻

 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Maybe it's been posted before but its great stuff. The Mini WRC is a cool car that had great potential. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh nice, onboard footage.

Into the Roadbook that goes 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RaceNet is down again on xbox.

Second day in a row and since the server maintenance a few days ago generally pretty slow and unstable.

I decided to do a break for a few weeks and then I maybe come back.

Just don't wanna deal with this bs, have enough stress at work.

So I'm out of all club races and so on.

Also cancelled my GRiD UE pre-order for now, not interested in a 3rd unpolished game in a row from the same publisher/developer.

 

Not happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tea3k said:

Is it true

received_381937675669639.jpeg

Wishful thinking, even if it's somewhat plausible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tea3k said:

Is it true

received_381937675669639.jpeg

Ha, that is wishful thinking... and sub-standard photoshopping! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fake as hell. Only cars from 2001 and 1997? Come on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It was intended to look fake 😄  the title says it all anyway.. I even got the 4th week wrong, it was supposed to say W7.

 

 

Edited by Riggs
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×