DiRTy Gossip

Well what an opportune moment for PJ to tell us something, anything, of the 'big things' Codies has in store for this game... 😉

28 minutes ago, Riggs said:

It was intended to look fake 😄  the title says it all anyway.. I even got the 4th week wrong, it was supposed to say W7.

Lol @Riggs you're putting out quality content that people even think is real. Well done, and ofc you added Portugal at the end =P Would be a wild rally though, wouldn't complain if they did sneak it in.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

One thing I can say right now is that the next patch will not be on a Tuesday, it's expected to be on a Thursday. Expect it in early August (first week or 2). 👍🏻

So, either on the 1st or the 8th. I'm going to say the 8th because you don't release patches on the same week as DLC.

46 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Lol @Riggs you're putting out quality content that people even think is real. Well done, and ofc you added Portugal at the end =P Would be a wild rally though, wouldn't complain if they did sneak it in.

I was deciding between Corsica, Portugal and San Remo. I'd like to see Corsica and San Remo in one of the seasons though, could use more tarmac.

• Agree 1

I still believe it's gonna be spread up between S3 and S4:
So each will have:

One RX Track (South Africa / Abu Dhabi)

One Old Rally (Finland / Greece)

One new Location (I hope two Rallies ( Mexico / Azores), but maybe it's one Rally & one RX)

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Bear in mind that I'm still figuring my way through all of this, I've only been here since the start of June. 😉 

The main reason for being somewhat vague is that I don't want to get into a position of "promising" things that may change or not get delivered, or aren't ready to be announced. I don't want to be in a scenario where I say "___ is coming to Version 1.7" and then 2 days later dev team tells me it's taking longer to go through QA than expected and gets pushed back to 1.8.

Bigger things like VR and any potential future content require more coordination than simply dropping things in a forum post or Discord chat.

Rest assured that once things do get locked in (be it dates or the content itself), I am always interested in drumming up hype. 🙂 

One thing I can say right now is that the next patch will not be on a Tuesday, it's expected to be on a Thursday. Expect it in early August (first week or 2). 👍🏻

VR confirmed for 1.7. Those 4 people will be happy, but probably not actually.

The more... hmm, frustrating thing is like before the FFB update there was a lot of complaints about it, and it finally released, but there was very little confirmation as to if it was happening at all. I don't think anyone is asking for specific release dates of fixes and stuff, but most developers at least say "Hey we're working on fixing this bug."

Not that this game is as disastrous as the launch of No Mans Sky, but going radio silent about potential fixes and additions just make people assume the game is dead and isn't going to be fixed. Like Nier Automata that I'm pretty sure still requires a community mod that only works on Win10 to get full screen to actually work.

• Agree 1

I can assure you that we do read and track many of the community bugs and issues, even if we don’t always communicate about all of them until they’re resolved. Codemasters has an open forum policy in that many staff are registered here and tagged as such. When I walk through the studio I often see at least one screen with the forum on it 😉 

I’ve also been working together with the team on a bug tracker and we have regular (as in twice a week) meetings checking the status of things.

In short, while you might not see direct responses, your voices are being heard 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I can assure you that we do read and track many of the community bugs and issues, even if we don’t always communicate about all of them until they’re resolved. Codemasters has an open forum policy in that many staff are registered here and tagged as such. When I walk through the studio I often see at least one screen with the forum on it 😉 

I’ve also been working together with the team on a bug tracker and we have regular (as in twice a week) meetings checking the status of things.

In short, while you might not see direct responses, your voices are being heard 🙂 

I'm not saying they aren't, after all I have a tiny amount of back room access. But it's one thing to not talk about cars you're trying to license because they might not happen, and another to fix things but not mention that they're being fixed. The patch notes are usually pretty vague too, and some people have been trying to figure out what's ghosted in since there's changes that aren't mentioned in the patch notes. It's just weird.

• Agree 1

Regarding the patch notes, this is something that has been improving with every patch rollout. The first patches were kinda messy because a lot of the things weren't mentioned but still got fixed.

One thing I and a lot of other people enjoyed very much was the patch 1.6 video-log showing comparisons and what was included. This is a good practice and will help with marketing as well, as it shows the game is alive on both sides.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, SkyRex said:

I still believe it's gonna be spread up between S3 and S4:
So each will have:

One RX Track (South Africa / Abu Dhabi)

One Old Rally (Finland / Greece)

One new Location (I hope two Rallies ( Mexico / Azores), but maybe it's one Rally & one RX)

5 hours ago, Riggs said:

I was deciding between Corsica, Portugal and San Remo. I'd like to see Corsica and San Remo in one of the seasons though, could use more tarmac.

I was just thinking last night that it'd be fitting to get a tarmac rally the same month that they put out a couple of the F2 kit cars.

41 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Regarding the patch notes, this is something that has been improving with every patch rollout. The first patches were kinda messy because a lot of the things weren't mentioned but still got fixed.

One thing I and a lot of other people enjoyed very much was the patch 1.6 video-log showing comparisons and what was included. This is a good practice and will help with marketing as well, as it shows the game is alive on both sides.

hmm I never saw this. point me in the direction of that video pretty please?

2 hours ago, ianism said:

I was just thinking last night that it'd be fitting to get a tarmac rally the same month that they put out a couple of the F2 kit cars.

hmm I never saw this. point me in the direction of that video pretty please?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Riggs said:

That's from Skyrex though, not CM. All they did was link it.

• Agree 2

It is good though, and something I want to do officially (time permitting).

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, PJTierney said:

When I walk through the studio I often see at least one screen with the forum on it 😉 

This guy

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 6.00.59 AM.png

Edited by gfRally
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

That german co-driver is just awful, though. It really hurts listening to these pace notes. Phil has much more character in my view. 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 1

Although i am not really a fan of the PS3 and PS4 gen WRC games, the career mode seems to be interesting developed and I think parts of it can be well implemented in the DiRT series, but possible even better in the DiRT series, because you not forced to the WRC scheduele and have next to rally also rallycross. 

Managing a team and driver career

I understand that it is forced you need to manage a team as well in WRC8, but in real life that is a lot of times not the case. I think it would be better you would have the option to also manage a team. But a lot of drivers have a sponsor package and pay a seat for a championship or event. F.e. Anton Marklund has a family team, but drives for GCK.

Choosing which events your participate in. 
I think this is a good feature, but for example if i choose to a full ERX Supercars, I should also be able to do a few one off WRX events or a local event or a rally championship. But I shouldn't be able to do the Höljes WRX events, because than also the ERX event takes place at Höljes. Also the amount of events you participate in depends on regulations and on the amount of sponsorship package.

Money / Sponsorship
There is no talk about it how it works.

But for DiRT I would imagine you can sign with sponsors and the possible maximum amount they want to sponsor is 850.000

if you rent a team/car than (depending which team/car) f.e.
the costs for an EuroRX event = 100.000
the costs for an WorldRX event = 125.000

It is not possible to do the full WRX season, because that costs are to high = 1.125.000, and you can only do 6 events.
So instead you do a full EuroRX (6x100.000 = 600.000) and two WRX events (2x125.000) and have 8 events for the season planned. You can also invest money in testing/sponsor days to upgrade the car and stuff. 

Also in this case the livery editor will get a good valuable position again. It can go in different ways. If you have Red Bull as main sponsor, there will be certain set of location where the sponsor logos will be displayed, but with alternatives. Also you can than choose f.e. if the Red Bull stickers need to have a chrome, glossy or matte effect. The base of the car still can have different lay-outs and colors as well. Becuase 

Maybe during the season you will get an invitation for a GroupB historic rallycross event and maybe a sponsor gives extra money to enter in a local event. Or maybe get a call te replace a injured WRX driver (f.e. what Joni Wiman did for Niclas Grönholm).

ofcourse you can do a lot of paremeters. If you rent a Hansen Peugeot, than maybe a seasons costs double or triple compared if you rent the older less competive Ford Fiesta from the less experienced Xite Racing team. Basically you have two parameters here for a team (A = experienced top team / E = beginner team) and for the car (A = Car well mainted and latest upgrades / E = Older car with no upgrades. Under it there are more parameter

But maybe also can go for the option to manage a team. You buy a older Polo or Fiesta for 300.000 euro. Than the costs for the events are lower, but you also need to repair the car costs and do maintenance or buy upgrades. You start probably as an E team and with a E car, but ofcourse this will be more upgraded (what already happened in D4 and DR2), but when upgraded also results in extra costs a season (because experienced team or upgrades costs money). So maybe in the beginning the salary is just 100.000 a season, but when it is a top team, maybe it costs 500.000 a year, next to the investments for training and stuff and hiring more people.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gfRally said:

This guy

Off topic: I LOVE that film. So underrated! 

• Agree 3

50 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

@PJTierney so that’s the 2001 Impreza confirmed ??🤔🤦🏻‍♂️

4696923F-D7DA-4052-8370-FC985D0D07DE.jpeg

That post is about DR1 and D4, both had the Impreza 01.

This doesn't say anything about DR2.0

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, tonzboher said:

@PJTierney so that’s the 2001 Impreza confirmed ??🤔🤦🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

sqdstr is right, but back in March it was confirmed that it'd be in the game. season 3 or 4, I'm assuming.

8 hours ago, gfRally said:

This guy

I... I believe you have my stapler... It doesn't bind up as much.

Mandatory fun fact about Swingline being forced to produce red staplers after that movie due to high demand.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

Very true, I didn’t notice that, all I saw was 2001 Subaru and instantly thought dirt rally 2.0😂😂

On 7/24/2019 at 6:25 PM, PJTierney said:

Open letter to Codemasters.

It is bad PR and bad business practice to not effectively communicate with your customers. If we take the time to give you guys feed back, we deserve to get a response, even if its just a link to a previous response that could be used for other peoples posts. Codemasters has a poor reputation, for releasing buggy games, that are not properly supported after release. If Codemasters wants their business to grow, they should be looking to learn from the mistakes, begin to engage more with their customers and give us news about what updates/bug fixes are currently being worked on, with a rough release schedule. Failure to do this either makes you look like amateurs, or worse, that you guys just don't care what we think of your game support.

Two months ago Christina promised that the FFB updates, would be on going and the previous FFB update would not be the last. Since then no updates have been release for FFB, no community posts from Codemaster's officials, to even state that you still care about this issue. I do realize that us wheel users are in a minority, but we are the heart and soul of games like this. Wheel users helped to make DR1, the fantastic game that it is today. We are the voices in the forums, alerting you guys to bugs, that are helping you guys to make this game better too. Die hard fans of your games help to sell this game, to other more casual players. So Codies please give us some news, please interact better with you player base and provide us with more news about future updates.

Having said that I am loving this game despite its issues. If you iron out some more of the wrinkles and hurry up with seasons 3 and 4, I think it will really help to improve your reputation in the gaming community, which surely is long term good business sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1