DiRTy Gossip

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

Don't you guys forget there may be a big batch of the DiRT Team busy with the VR implementation. Everyone forgets that little big detail when complaining about late patch rollouts.

I may be wrong on this statement, as in it's whatever sponsor that is developing the VR implementation instead of the DiRT Team. But combine that with the fact that F1 2019 just got released, plus GRID development is at full gas to get released and there you get the answer for the delays on some bug fixes.

A fact is, patches have been rolling out in a constant pace and they've been ironing out the game considerably so far. There's still a lot to fix but I'm sure we'll get there. More importantly: it's being done. It's not like there's radio silence about it anymore.

DiRT4 didn't get half of the attention, and apparently it's the main title (although the Rally spin-offs have been destroying the main series).

yeah, isn't it an outside company? I'm like 95% sure about this.

I wouldn't say there's a 'main' Dirt series any more. there's just two concurrent types of Dirt games that exist now (three if you count Showdown, but let's not). also... keep in mind that Dirt 2 and 3 are still the best-selling games in the franchise, I think.

That is already posted somewhere on this forum. Think it is climaxstudios doing VR

Handing the VR lift off to a new team, even if it external, definitely does not mean that CM magically frees up all the resources that would have been working on it. You still are going to be required to keep some % of those resources on VR communication and integration with the vendor, and that % can vary drastically depending on how easily the work is flowing that sprint.

It definitely would help, but I'm sure CM has a few people working closely with any outside team on the VR implementation. 

I know many will disagree with me, but: I hope that august-teasing is not/or not only referencing to VR.

I don't care about VR.

VR is expensive and I play on xbox one s anyway, so no VR for me for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I would use it, if I had the money for special luxury like that, but I would rather spend that for a good wheel and pedals before this anyway.

Same for eSports. If it's only eSports announcement without really new content, it would be disappointing, too.

I just want more fixes, locations, stages for existing locations and cars. In this order.

Even more RX would be ok. Did the My Team RX-career yesterday for the first time, was quite fun with the delta (but pretty boring, because open class is ridiculously slow).

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one bothered by how the AI RX cars aren't either washed or repaired between races? A few updates ago it was said that they were being washed between races, but it doesn't seem to be the case for me, at least on Group B RX.

VR is the most superflous thing ever. I'm so tired of elitist people saying on the comments of everything "NO VR NO BUY LOL". Meanwhile my gaming PC is turning 4 years old, starting to show its age (Can't play DR2.0 fully maxed out) but I can't afford a full replacement right now. Can't even afford a wheel.

Edited by Nico
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, mats27 said:

oriol-fin98-01.jpg

Some of the best looking cars!

source.gif 

Not the Seat Cordoba WRC EVO 1.

Give me the Seat Cordoba WRC EVO 3 any day of the week.

seat_cordoba_wrc_e2.thumb.jpg.2f6c97fb3382fdaafbeae6626137b098.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I'm not trying to sell anything with the community photos in particular. I just think they're awesome and want to put the "social" back into our Social Media channels 😉 

People on the team are certainly taking notice of those screens though, in various ways that may or may not have future game implications 🙂 

didnt mean you personally i meant social media in general. its a business platform that started out as people chatting. i do hope we get picture photo mode included at some point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nico said:

Am I the only one bothered by how the AI RX cars aren't either washed or repaired between races? A few updates ago it was said that they were being washed between races, but it doesn't seem to be the case for me, at least on Group B RX.

VR is the most superflous thing ever. I'm so tired of elitist people saying on the comments of everything "NO VR NO BUY LOL". Meanwhile my gaming PC is turning 4 years old, starting to show its age (Can't play DR2.0 fully maxed out) but I can't afford a full replacement right now. Can't even afford a wheel.

I’m also bothered about. I thought I posted it as a bug. What I noticed is that the RX car will only be washed when it gets repaired. So if you have no damage, it will also not be cleaned... but it should be automatically be cleaned when return to the paddock... irl they have a kärcher teams at WRX events.

• Agree 1

I mean, I know rallycross is one of the few types of motorsport were contact is allowed, but precisely due to that I suppose cars must get repaired and washed very, very frequently. Especially if you have tons of sponsors displayed. In this game your car is only washed if you repair it, and you can repair it only if you have any sort of damage. AI cars just go into racing regardless of their damage / dirt. It's a bit annoying.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I know many will disagree with me, but: I hope that august-teasing is not/or not only referencing to VR. I don't care about VR. VR is expensive and I play on xbox one s anyway, so no VR for me for sure. Don't get me wrong, I would use it, if I had the money for special luxury like that, but I would rather spend that for a good wheel and pedals before th anyway.

Same for eSports. If it's only eSports announcement without really new content, it would be disappointing, too.

I just want more fixes, locations, stages for existing locations and cars. In this order. Even more RX would be ok. Did the My Team RX-career yesterday for the first time, was quite fun with the delta (but pretty boring, because open class is ridiculously slow).

I kind of agree, in that I have no interest (yet) in VR – I can't afford either a headset or a PC fast enough to meet the likely requirements for DR2. On the other hand, I do think VR is a good thing for the game: it's good publicity, it encourages word of mouth, and let's not forget, DR2 is basically the only good modern rally game right now, and it's not looking like WRC8 will have VR.

I, too, want more locations and all the bugs fixed (more optimistic about the latter than the former) but again, if the esports stuff brings in more money then we all win. More money = potentially more resources for the things higher up on our personal priority lists.

Edited by caerphoto

8 hours ago, Nico said:

I mean, I know rallycross is one of the few types of motorsport were contact is allowed, but precisely due to that I suppose cars must get repaired and washed very, very frequently. Especially if you have tons of sponsors displayed. In this game your car is only washed if you repair it, and you can repair it only if you have any sort of damage. AI cars just go into racing regardless of their damage / dirt. It's a bit annoying.

Its a "bug" how it now works 😉

• Disagree 1

Hello guys

Madeira wine rally 2019

This is just the shakedown, later we have the super special. I'll try to get a lot of pics and post here 

(can't wait to see the lancia HF :p) 

IMG_20190801_092702.jpg

IMG_20190801_092802.jpg

IMG_20190801_093602.jpg

IMG_20190801_110910.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

This week Mr. The Block shills for his Ford sponsorship and steals a mans car from his shed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great video, but Block really needs to stop claiming his car is a genuine Evo! 

There's a Toyota in there, so it must be good.

6 minutes ago, Riggs said:

There's a Toyota in there, so it must be good.

No 206 though. 

• Sad 1

I don't want this talent-less dude to destroy any more valuable classic rally cars. Keep any Lancia far away from him, please.

So glad DiRT got rid of him. DiRT 2 and 3 hold good memories but certainly haven't aged well. Showdown was a massive, buggy flop.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

1 hour ago, Nico said:

I don't want this talent-less dude to destroy any more valuable classic rally cars. Keep any Lancia far away from him, please.

So glad DiRT got rid of him. DiRT 2 and 3 hold good memories but certainly haven't aged well. Showdown was a massive, buggy flop.

I wish you had at least 10% of his skills. I don't really get why people are so mad about him. He is just doing what 95% of population can't do. He is just ENJOYING his life and sharing passion for rallying and great cars with bigger audience. Thats it. 

• Agree 7

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Dirt 2 and 3 have aged very well, what are you talking about?

And you don't need Mr. Talent-less to destroy a Lancia, the Italian engineering will do that all on it's own.

• Haha 3
  • Disagree 1

Took some more at the super special. Tomorrow trying again even more 🙂

IMG_20190801_203253.jpg

IMG_20190801_202952.jpg

IMG_20190801_202752.jpg

IMG_20190801_201055.jpg

IMG_20190801_195554.jpg

IMG_20190801_194802_1.jpg

IMG_20190801_194802_3.jpg

IMG_20190801_194803.jpg

IMG_20190801_194603.jpg

IMG_20190801_175418.jpg

• Thanks 1

World RX at Canada this weekend. 

Looks like real life (2015) and online multiplayer in DR2.0 look quite the same with the carnage.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Solberg and the PSRX DS3* 😍

(* up to the moment when it bounced off the wall anyway)

Posted (edited)

WRC Neste Rally Finland is on the road... These would be great days to announce Season 3 with the Finland remake 😄😉 

Edited by Opassac
  • Like 1