DiRTy Gossip

12 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Dirt 2 and 3 have aged very well, what are you talking about?

And you don't need Mr. Talent-less to destroy a Lancia, the Italian engineering will do that all on it's own.

we want to talk about how many iconic cars and motorcycles were born from Italian engineering? which stupid countries are you from? how old are you? 12 years badly? there is a lot of Italian engineering in the history of motorsports, from two to four wheels, from rally to Formula 1, from the world championship on the track to motocross. You're more ignorant than the American clown you're defending.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

we want to talk about how many iconic cars and motorcycles were born from Italian engineering? which stupid countries are you from? how old are you? 12 years badly? there is a lot of Italian engineering in the history of motorsports, from two to four wheels, from rally to Formula 1, from the world championship on the track to motocross. You're more ignorant than the American clown you're defending.

Italian cars (and bikes) are some of the most beautiful and fast machines ever built (which includes some of my favorites ones), but it's well known that, at least in the past, they weren't particularly famous for being reliable, i guess JZStudios was alluding to that, no need to start a personal war, mate... cheers...

Edited by Opassac
  • Agree 4

17 minutes ago, Opassac said:

Italian cars (and bikes) are some of the most beautifull and fast machines ever built (which includes some of my favorites ones), but it's well know that, at least in the past, they weren't famous for being particularly reliable, i guess JZStudios was alluding to that, no need to start a personal war, mate... cheers...

^ That. I am pretty sure you have been told not to take things here personally before @ale81udine, @JZStudios comment was meant in jest...

...as said above the Italians have produced some beautiful and fast race machinery - on two and four wheels - over the years. Unfortunately Italian road cars are not known for reliability! 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

^ That. I am pretty sure you have been told not to take things here personally before @ale81udine, @JZStudios comment was meant in jest...

...as said above the Italians have produced some beautiful and fast race machinery - on two and four wheels - over the years. Unfortunately Italian road cars are not known for reliability! 

*Were not known. The latest Alfa Romeo cars have reliability that seems on par with their German rivals. Most supercars nowadays seem to have ironed out that "feeling hot today might catch fire later idk" issue they had. Besides, Italian cars have the HUGE advantage that they look beautiful even as standing still😎

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, carpa said:

*Were not known. The latest Alfa Romeo cars have reliability that seems on par with their German rivals. Most supercars nowadays seem to have ironed out that "feeling hot today might catch fire later idk" issue they had. Besides, Italian cars have the HUGE advantage that they look beautiful even as standing still😎

I'll have to disagree with you there: a guy I work with owns a Mito (2018) and he has had a list of issues with it! Lamborghini have certainly improved their track record (mainly because all the oily bits are German now), not sure I'd agree with the same statement for Ferrari...

...definitely agree that the Italians can build a pretty car though! 

14 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I'll have to disagree with you there: a guy I work with owns a Mito (2018) and he has had a list of issues with it! Lamborghini have certainly improved their track record (mainly because all the oily bits are German now), not sure I'd agree with the same statement for Ferrari...

...definitely agree that the Italians can build a pretty car though! 

I was talking about the new Giulia and the Stelvio: they did pretty well in some surveys against their German counterparts. The MiTO is a lot older project... 

As a Ferrari fan, let's just not talk about reliability, expecially during F1 qualifying 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, carpa said:

Yeah, a lot of stereotypes are no longer relevant, and that's generally from where the humour is designed. Take British cars for example, the build quality of 70s and 80s cars from the UK make Italian ones look precision engineered. Now that's not true for 100% of them, but was certainly the case on average, even though it has very little relevance these days (as in "what are these British cars of which you speak?" would be the main question these days...).

I had to do a lot of research into automotive brand images in the early 2000s and the likes of Mercedes and Jaguar (in particular) had huge reality vs perception gaps.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, carpa said:

I was talking about the new Giulia and the Stelvio: they did pretty well in some surveys against their German counterparts. The MiTO is a lot older project... 

As a Ferrari fan, let's just not talk about reliability, expecially during F1 qualifying 

Somwhere, Mattia Binotto and Sebastien Vettel have just sneezed...

• Haha 2

I have seen some positive reviews for the Giulia, if I was in that market it is difficult to look past the "obvious" German models, but it definitely an attractive alternative. Of the current Alfa range it's the 4C that stands out to me. I think it is overpriced for what it is, but ridiculously good looking. 

Arguably not "pure" Italian but the Pagani factory is, by a long shot, the most incredible workshop I have ever been in. 

6 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Yeah, a lot of stereotypes are no longer relevant, and that's generally from where the humour is designed. Take British cars for example, the build quality of 70s and 80s cars from the UK make Italian ones look precision engineered. Now that's not true for 100% of them, but was certainly the case on average, even though it has very little relevance these days (as in "what are these British cars of which you speak?" would be the main question these days...).

I had to do a lot of research into automotive brand images in the early 2000s and the likes of Mercedes and Jaguar (in particular) had huge reality vs perception gaps.

Skoda is surely the best example of this. It might have been a different story elsewhere in the world, but I remember Skoda being considered a joke brand in the UK during the 90's. The way VAG have transformed the name is nothing short of incredible in my view. 

I had a Fabia and thought it was brilliant: unfortunately much of my love for the brand was undone by my local dealership, which still annoys me as I'd have stuck with the marque otherwise! 

• Agree 1

That wasn't the big thing that's happening in August is it?

• Agree 2

Hopefully it’s Per Inge Walfridsson’s chequered flag livery for the Lancia Stratos that’s being added😁 

Dirtfish test stage will be a nice addition also.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

YES! Dirtfish for testing, that is unexpected but very awesome. (and hopefully I can finally unlock the adaptable trophy as well: I wonder if it is retroactive or if the criteria have to be fulfilled again?)

EDIT: If Dirtfish is accessed through the career (and using career cars), will mileage there count towards the mileage required to unlock car upgrades? 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Decks said:

Hopefully not🤞🏻

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Decks said:

One of many big things!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 2

Throwing the cars around Dirtfish with the new physics will be great fun, it already was in D4 but now slides should be HUUUGER

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I mean... Dirtfish = awesome news. Well done codies.

(if someone can delete my previous comment) 🙈🙈

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

One of many big things!

OMG dirtfish and   new content announced 

Edited by gk9147
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Thanks Codies for bringing the Dirtfish content. So this seems one of the new 6 locations than of SteamDB. My theorie for the remaining two 2018 WRX and 2019 WRX tracks, and Finland and Greece might not be correct anymore. 

Happy to see two locations in a very shirt time. Looking forward to throw around the Supercars again at the Dirtfish area.

@PJTierney, any idea if the Dirtfish area will get more possible options than testing in the future? F.e. for freeplay or online?

Cant wait for the update 🙂

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1