DiRTy Gossip

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dani211212 said:

so basically there is no reason for Focus 2007 not to get official Australia 2005 livery? its just Michelin and Castrol as sponsors. (and there is not problem with WRC, as Skoda uses 2005 livery)

I feel like the liveries for the Focus are a bit ropey. Even if for whatever reason they can't get the Dirt 4 one in, I'd like to see them make more of an effort with the ones they make for it

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by ebarbs27
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can only comment that my beautiful italian wife is high maintenance at times.  

• Haha 4

Well I hope the new real life livery in 1.7 is the first of many given that's what a lot of us seem to want. 

I also hope that Dirtfish isn't the last bit of content we see from DiRT 4 in DR2.0: would like to see a few more cars (and Lydden) make the jump!

• Agree 3

13 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Would like to see a few more cars (and Lydden) make the jump!

I see what you did there :classic_laugh:

Last two pics. 

The best classics they were doing the rally. Today was the end

What you guys thought about the cars? 

IMG_20190803_185441.jpg

IMG_20190803_185422.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Well I hope the new real life livery in 1.7 is the first of many given that's what a lot of us seem to want. 

I also hope that Dirtfish isn't the last bit of content we see from DiRT 4 in DR2.0: would like to see a few more cars (and Lydden) make the jump!

Yeah 🙂

21751695_1157793304365770_6554756148651292216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQluiZR6897fPIgMVD88FTuJt9npcjBMz4SOKMoN09y1z3548yzPKmYACqT4cYnNVNM&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=a7ae7cb5876d6074c09b770bc4eefb2f&oe=5DA08B2D 61096413_1333950556758606_962498898268520448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQl9TMmwK3CSdikAysXzO0sp8GB9VSvzoE_f8DAT2K6t_ClMW_TaOtonr3ummV5dLcU&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=af5e7d5210af711168678f1b5eeb9e27&oe=5DA49BF1

15 hours ago, dani211212 said:

so basically there is no reason for Focus 2007 not to get official Australia 2005 livery? its just Michelin and Castrol as sponsors. (and there is not problem with WRC, as Skoda uses 2005 livery)

Ford would also have to approve their 2007 car appearing with that livery.  It's all very complicated 😞

12 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Yeah 🙂

21751695_1157793304365770_6554756148651292216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQluiZR6897fPIgMVD88FTuJt9npcjBMz4SOKMoN09y1z3548yzPKmYACqT4cYnNVNM&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=a7ae7cb5876d6074c09b770bc4eefb2f&oe=5DA08B2D 61096413_1333950556758606_962498898268520448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQl9TMmwK3CSdikAysXzO0sp8GB9VSvzoE_f8DAT2K6t_ClMW_TaOtonr3ummV5dLcU&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=af5e7d5210af711168678f1b5eeb9e27&oe=5DA49BF1

i m not fan of rx race but lyden hill ,spa .... with skoda and hyundai is would good in dlc

8 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Ford would also have to approve their 2007 car appearing with that livery.  It's all very complicated 😞

but they approved Focus 2001 model with 1999 test livery, so that should not be the problem?

• Agree 2

I find it always annoying that people saying they are not interested in RX or that the game is called "Rally" and should have only "Rally" content.

That is just pure nonsense. Rally is a combination of different types of rally, some more traditional than the other one. You got the tranditional stage rallying which is called "Rally". You have Rallysprint, which is traditional rally, but held on one day basically. You got classic or historical rally which sometimes not really goes about who is the fastest, but the most efficient and is sometimes just taken on non-closed road. The Dakar Rally, which is not a traditional stage-rally, but a cross-country/rally-raid event, but they not call it the "Dakar Cross-Country Rally". Than there is hillclimbing or local slalom challenges, etc.

And that is the same for Rallycross, it is partly rally and circuit racing. What I find beautiful about rallycross, is that is is very accessible and connects a lot of worlds. Both for drivers/teams and for spectators. In which other sports you see different background of drivers, rally drivers (Loeb, Solberg) / racing circuit drivers (Scheider, Ekstrom) / motorcross (Deegan, Pastrana / rallycross-folkrace (Bakkerud), drifting (Foust) etc. competing competitive against each other?

In other words, I think Rallycross and Traditional-Stage-Rally perfectly fit together in one game, possible joined by other types of Rally-types of racing. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

48 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I find it always annoying that people saying they are not interested in RX or that the game is called "Rally" and should have only "Rally" content.

That is just pure nonsense. Rally is a combination of different types of rally, some more traditional than the other one. You got the tranditional stage rallying which is called "Rally". You have Rallysprint, which is traditional rally, but held on one day basically. You got classic or historical rally which sometimes not really goes about who is the fastest, but the most efficient and is sometimes just taken on non-closed road. The Dakar Rally, which is not a traditional stage-rally, but a cross-country/rally-raid event, but they not call it the "Dakar Cross-Country Rally". Than there is hillclimbing or local slalom challenges, etc.

And that is the same for Rallycross, it is partly rally and circuit racing. What I find beautiful about rallycross, is that is is very accessible and connects a lot of worlds. Both for drivers/teams and for spectators. In which other sports you see different background of drivers, rally drivers (Loeb, Solberg) / racing circuit drivers (Scheider, Ekstrom) / motorcross (Deegan, Pastrana / rallycross-folkrace (Bakkerud), drifting (Foust) etc. competing competitive against each other?

In other words, I think Rallycross and Traditional-Stage-Rally perfectly fit together in one game, possible joined by other types of Rally-types of racing. 

Everyone of us is different, for example i am not against rallycross, but i dont play it, it dosent appeal me i played one or two races, i have deluxe edition, and didnt even downloaded RX Group B or RX Latvia, i just like pure rally more.. but i do understand poeple who are against it, for example, if there would not be rx content, we would have 10-15 more pure Rally Cars, and more Location from beginning

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ok but you know in advance that DR2.0 is the official FIA WRX Championship game. Not sure why people are surprised and complain about RX content being part the season pass tbf. I myself are not the biggest RX fan either, but I do enjoy doing some laps from time to time for a change. The cars are awesome, so are the locations, Latvia is so much fun, definitely my favourite atm. Really been enjoying it since release. 

Edited by richie
  • Like 1

Why are people gave the idea that without RX the rally content would be bigger?

Maybe RX is needed to fund the game as we have and without RX there would be no dirt game at all?

And yes, that is also pure speculation 😃

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, JorritVD said:

As much as I ignore the RX discipline, I have to agree with this.

Also yea the game is called "Rally", the same word included in RallyCross, so if were to judge its inclusion just by the name there it is.

25 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

RX is magnificent fun to play and DR2.0 is the greatest implementation yet.

Almost: it just needs Lydden! 😄

• Agree 2

Would it not be feasible to port over some of the DR1/D4 liveries (the ones made without the D4 livery editor templates always looked good to me) to DR2.0, provided that Codies had the appropriate logo licenses? 🤔

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Malling said:

Would it not be feasible to port over some of the DR1/D4 liveries (the ones made without the D4 livery editor templates always looked good to me) to DR2.0, provided that Codies had the appropriate logo licenses? 🤔

yes it would. don't know if you saw the roadbook from Friday, but we're getting the Dirtfish school for test driving next week, for free.

but the answer is embedded in the question: licensing is the problem.

Edited by ianism

3 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

Why are people gave the idea that without RX the rally content would be bigger?

Maybe RX is needed to fund the game as we have and without RX there would be no dirt game at all?

And yes, that is also pure speculation 😃

sadly i think its not like that at all, they use big part of Budget for licence, and that could be used for other things..

for example they could make deals for RX Cars and RX tracks, separatly, and it would cost them much less, for example like the PCars2 did. but they could not use official WRX names, rules and logos.. is that worth the difference of budget? in my opinion not. but who am i, to talk about that :)

• Agree 1

gossip:

Dirtfish's test location has been added to steam depots (if that's news to you, go check the newest roadbook). so that's why there were two 1.7's on the location list. I just thought there wouldn't be an update for the first month of Season 3 because the team was going on vacation or something.

in that case, what's the second 1.10 location? what does this mean for (the still entirely hypothetical) season 4?

and what's with the 1.13 ones? where's 1.12? are they even going to be locations? it doesn't look like it.

image.png.ac1139f84907a0485ca3608e20936359.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you see the numbering of the depots, than it seems that Dirtfish had been planned originally already to be in the updates in the first two seasons. For the new seasons/dlc it will be 5 or maybe 7 new locations (depending how the 1.13 DLC needs to be interpreted). 

It is quite likely two of them will go to Greece and Finland from DR1.

If check World RX 2018 then you got Killarney and CotA left from the 2018 season.

Now it gets interesting... If it will be a 2019 WRX focused DLC that will be added, than they could add three non existing tracks, namely Abu Dhabi, Spa and Killarney. That would mean though that CotA gets left out as the only 2018 track not being in the game that is also used by ARX.
Now another interesting one is that it could also be an focus on ARX (although it is less likely), where you got CotA, but this season also Mid-Ohio and Gateway. Also three locations. 

Than there is still the possibility of Lydden Hill making a return, though WRX haven't been there since 2017.

Overall the numbers not completly make sense.

Now there is one more possibility that jumps in my mind, but i dearly not hope so, is Landrush. It had three tracks in DiRT 4 and as Dirtfish from DiRT 4 makes a return, than maybe this is a possibility. But why i not hope so, because I haven't seen a single comment in ages that someone wants to have Landrush in DR2, but I did only see comments from people they want more rally or rallycross content.

So possible theories:
1) Greece and Finland + Lydden Hill + WRX 2018 Killarney and CotA
2) Greece and Finland + WRX 2019 Abu Dhabi, Spa and Killarney
3) Greece and Finland + ARX CotA, Mid-Ohio and Gateway
4) Greece and Finland + Landrush 3 tracks
5) Greece and Finland + WRX F1 tracks CotA, Abu Dhabi and Spa. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Anyone interested in pixel arty cars?

240z.thumb.png.d200cb3ad2ef05189dd522c44c08b90c.png

Shout out to whoever took the picture I copied.

And another WIP I started first, but didn't like doing pixel gradients.

875718720_ZondaatSunset2.thumb.png.cb18730cdd6164568e326c1dcd25e04f.png

I was bored so I started it, but now it's basically just work.

Edited by JZStudios

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

If you see the numbering of the depots, than it seems that Dirtfish had been planned originally already to be in the updates in the first two seasons. For the new seasons/dlc it will be 5 or maybe 7 new locations (depending how the 1.13 DLC needs to be interpreted). 

It is quite likely two of them will go to Greece and Finland from DR1.

If check World RX 2018 then you got Killarney and CotA left from the 2018 season.

Now it gets interesting... If it will be a 2019 WRX focused DLC that will be added, than they could add three non existing tracks, namely Abu Dhabi, Spa and Killarney. That would mean though that CotA gets left out as the only 2018 track not being in the game that is also used by ARX.
Now another interesting one is that it could also be an focus on ARX (although it is less likely), where you got CotA, but this season also Mid-Ohio and Gateway. Also three locations. 

Than there is still the possibility of Lydden Hill making a return, though WRX haven't been there since 2017.

Overall the numbers not completly make sense.

Now there is one more possibility that jumps in my mind, but i dearly not hope so, is Landrush. It had three tracks in DiRT 4 and as Dirtfish from DiRT 4 makes a return, than maybe this is a possibility. But why i not hope so, because I haven't seen a single comment in ages that someone wants to have Landrush in DR2, but I did only see comments from people they want more rally or rallycross content.

So possible theories:
1) Greece and Finland + Lydden Hill + WRX 2018 Killarney and CotA
2) Greece and Finland + WRX 2019 Abu Dhabi, Spa and Killarney
3) Greece and Finland + ARX CotA, Mid-Ohio and Gateway
4) Greece and Finland + Landrush 3 tracks
5) Greece and Finland + WRX F1 tracks CotA, Abu Dhabi and Spa. 

exactly. they clearly planned to add the DIrtfish test location from the start. also, it being the second 1.7 rather than a regular location really throws me off though because that means that the second 1.10 can be pretty much anything. Battersea compound, with a bunch of battle modes like in Dirt 3, anyone? <insert shrug gif>

Landrush ... ugh I hope really they're not going there. save it for the regular Dirt titles. I still really really doubt it it'll happen, at least.

yeah, I have no idea what it's going to be anymore. my best guesses (probably terrible ones, but oh well):

- if they actually use the 1.13 locations, I think it could very well be the new RX locations for 2019 - Spa and Abu Dhabi, because they almost definitely could not have started work on them until after the game was released. in that case I could see Greece and Finland being 1.8/1.9, CoTA and Killarney being 1.10 and 1.11, and "something else" being the second 1.10.

- if they don't use the 1.13 locations, I think it'll just be two of the four aforementioned RX tracks (no idea which ones, except Killarney seems the most likely because it's in the 2018 and 2019 seasons) plus Greece and Finland. again, with "something else" being the second 1.10.

just give us new rally locations and/or new stages for existing ones.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1