DiRTy Gossip

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

@JZStudios A couple to check out are Mantis Burn Racing (I've tried it and it's good) and Dangerous Driving (haven't tried but decent reviews) 

Oh. Never actually been much of a fan of top down racing. Dangerous Driving is so far up Burnout 3's butt that it forgot to do anything interesting like polish the game. It also has that default UE4 look I hate. Apparently the controls aren't very tight, there's no real destruction to the cars, and since it's apparently such an indie title, they couldn't manage to find any free music or create a few tracks of their own, so there's just literally no music whatsoever in the game.

1 hour ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Wow, that first one's Steam video nearly gave me a headache from the audio.

30 minutes ago, Nico said:

There is a mod for BeamNG.drive which recreates Pikes Peak, in both full gravel and full tarmac configurations. It's not as good as DiRT Rally IMHO, but it's something.

The Dirt Rally one is a shrunk down version, so having the complete thing in BeamNG is pretty cool. The guy said he made it from topological data and Google street view, so it's relatively accurate. There's also... Road America or Atlanta... I forget. I wish more laser scanned tracks and stuff would be put in Beam.

But the cool thing about Beam (Which I'm not sure Dirt did) is that the altitude actually affects the air density so you have less downforce and less power at the top. They just need to work more on brake and tire thermals.

Also, @PJTierney Have you seen Dirtfish? I already asked, but is it any different to Dirt 4?

Edited by JZStudios

The DiRT Rally version is shorter? Never noticed that. I always assumed it was the full lenght. I could more or less recognize the same turns and places in both games.

17 hours ago, Riggs said:

Some of you are ignoring Jon's statements of "new location" some weeks ago, which I think he means a rally one.

interestinggggg I did not know about this. context?

I would very like there to be a new location or two but don't want to get my (or anyone else's) hopes up. I was quite disappointed when only 1/3 season 2 locations was rally.

(it's not a criticism of RX. I like RX. I started watching it because of the Dirt series. I just like driving rally more. also... another rally location adds more stuff than an RX one. ten laps on a new RX track kind of covers it for me. but it takes a lot more than 10 runs to master a rally stage... and each rally location has 2 long stages - 4 if you count reverse. in addition, there's a much higher number and variety of rally cars to use... ok I'll shut up now lol)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Riggs said:

Some of you are ignoring Jon's statements of "new location" some weeks ago, which I think he means a rally one.

He even said "a couple of new locations" but that was after speaking of Wales, so I guess that was aimed at Greece and Finland. I don't think 'new' is a keyword in this to be honest. 

Edit: Although, I still think there is a tiny tiny chance we will see a completely new rally location by the end of all this. Maybe. 

Edited by bogani
  • Agree 4

16 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Do you have a context for that? Much as I’d like to see it (because the thought of 4 or 5 RX locations makes me sad) I can’t see any more than the 2 updated rally locations. And I’m super excited for those two anyway.

It was on some interview during Down Rally i think, i cant really remember if it was before or after.

Lees than a week for Dirtfish and Estering. #cantwait 😛 And who knows some new DLC announcement 🙃

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JorritVD said:

Lees than a week for Dirtfish and Estering. #cantwait 😛 And who knows some new DLC announcement 🙃

dirtfish coming today because i no see update 

12 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

I'm downloading the first one now, looks like it might be a lot of fun! A little too dinky and pixellated for my tastes but giving it a go anyway.

But the second one looks hugely promising!! And the designer has form with making Absolute Drift. Nice one, thanks!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

dirtfish coming today because i no see update 

No mate, PJ said it will be next thursday, day 8... Two more days 😉

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Opassac said:

No mate, PJ said it will be next thursday, day 8... Two more days 😉

thursday i drive in   dirtfish  with listen  dirt 2  soundtrack  #CantWait 😂

14 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Also, @PJTierney Have you seen Dirtfish? I already asked, but is it any different to Dirt 4?

I've seen screenshots but not live gameplay.

17 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I've seen screenshots but not live gameplay.

I wonder if the Old Mill rally sprint stage will be in this.  IRL its not much, but it would be a great test area beyond a beyond a bunch of cones on tarmac.  None the less, it will be interesting to see if there are new spectator camera positions.  

1 hour ago, gfRally said:

I wonder if the Old Mill rally sprint stage will be in this.  IRL its not much, but it would be a great test area beyond a beyond a bunch of cones on tarmac.  None the less, it will be interesting to see if there are new spectator camera positions.  

Spectator camera positions in Dirtfish?

On another note, being able to place cones/barrels as you wish in the area would make for some great potential to create rally sprints. Ahh, one can dream :classic_blush:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bogani said:

Edit: Although, I still think there is a tiny tiny chance we will see a completely new rally location by the end of all this. Maybe. 

This is my thought: I am thinking that there might be a new rally location at the end of season four, but I think that Finland and Greece (with some more rallycross tracks) is most likely. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

The last Group B RX daily at Catalunya was a remarkable one for me. I knew that I had no idea where the joker lap entry would be on this circuit so I thought I'd need a few practice laps to figure that out. Klicked 'start' by mistake. Ok, then I needed to look out for the entry during the run, but I was too focused and I completely forgot. As I crossed the finish line I unlocked the 'Clown Car' achievement and I couldn't understand how this is possible. I checked the circuit in TT mode to at least try to understand what happened and I realised that I had done joker laps every single lap. 

I think at this point Tommy Lee Jones is inevitable. 

iu.jpeg

Edited by richie
  • Haha 12

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2019 at 4:04 AM, CMMcBabe said:

The amount of Steam data that can be scraped by the public is always very annoying.

ok, so this is probably my favourite post on the forum now... (also, good to see you're still popping in once in a while) but in my defence:

there are fewer locations remaining to be announced and released, so it's easier to guess which ones they will be.

and at least for me, having a better idea of what's coming will not make the announcement of new content any less exciting for when said content is actually released. in other words, surprises can be a little overrated. 

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, ianism said:

ok, so this is probably my favourite post on the forum now... (also, good to see you're still popping in once in a while) but in my defence:

there are fewer locations remaining to be announced and released, so it's easier to guess which ones they will be.

and at least for me, having a better idea of what's coming will not make the announcement of new content any less exciting for when said content is actually released. in other words, surprises can be a little overrated. 

I definitely echo the last paragraph here - it's proper gossip material without actually telling us anything. You've not quite gone to the Creative Assembly level of "put purposely misleading titles against everything" yet, so it's nice to know that things are being worked on; doesn't lessen my excitement for the actual announcement.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, richie said:

The last Group B RX daily at Catalunya was a remarkable one for me. I knew that I had no idea where the joker lap entry would be on this circuit so I thought I'd need a few practice laps to figure that out. Klicked 'start' by mistake. Ok, then I needed to look out for the entry during the run, but I was too focused and I completely forgot. As I crossed the finish line I unlocked the 'Clown Car' achievement and I couldn't understand how this is possible. I checked the circuit in TT mode to at least try to understand what happened and I realised that I had done joker laps every single lap. 

I think at this point Tommy Lee Jones is inevitable. 

iu.jpeg

That one too :

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "meme kid poker face"

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ianism said:

I changed job role, I have a little less time to look at the forums.  There is a constant temptation to make some fake depots and branches, just to keep it interesting.  I do enjoy reading the guesses people make, and sometimes mailing on correct guesses to the teams involved.

There are some other annoyances with the Steam data, like people making guesses of a game's sales based on scraped data because they are usually inaccurate due to a lot of factors (giveaways, free weekends, refunds, etc).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

I do enjoy reading the guesses people make, and sometimes mailing on correct guesses to the teams involved.

Aha, so there are guesses who are correct. Now it depends which one 🧐😋

18 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

I changed job role, I have a little less time to look at the forums.  There is a constant temptation to make some fake depots and branches, just to keep it interesting.  I do enjoy reading the guesses people make, and sometimes mailing on correct guesses to the teams involved.

There are some other annoyances with the Steam data, like people making guesses of a game's sales based on scraped data because they are usually inaccurate due to a lot of factors (giveaways, free weekends, refunds, etc).

your wit and good humour are always very welcome! 

deliberately creating wild goose chases would be hilarious and amazing, though I think I would only appreciate it in retrospect.

yes those kind of estimations are always silly, hadn't thought of that

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Aha, so there are guesses who are correct. Now it depends which one 🧐😋

There might have even been more than one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CMMcBabe said:

There is a constant temptation to make some fake depots and branches, just to keep it interesting.

977667 Dirt Rally 2.0 Location 20 (Germany Rallyx DLC) 800 MB
977668 Dirt Rally 2.0 Location 21 (Rally Calcutta) 1.4 GB
977673 Dirt Rally 2.0 (Co-driver voicepack Samir) 37 MB

• Haha 9