DiRTy Gossip

23 minutes ago, ianism said:

we're getting a new location to test at/mess around in for free. it's pretty cool.

And to do super awesome drifts through while letting our inner Kenneth Block out!

Seriously, I know people think the whole gymkhana thing is super "bro" and isn't in the spirit of true rally, but goddamn if it isn't an absolute blast to do. It also lets you hone your skills 100x faster than doing normal stage rally because you can force yourself to attack an obstacle constantly until you learn serious car control.

Not to mention playing follow the leader back in D3 with all your friends drunkenly at the end of the night is some of my best memories in Dirt :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 3

Yeah, i hope Dirtfish will also come to freeplay (which maybe will happen) and including mini games what were in DiRT3. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

i hope Dirtfish will also come to freeplay (which maybe will happen)

It's expected to happen in a future update, just not in 1.7 🙂 

2 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

and including mini games what were in DiRT3.

This is less likely however.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

This is less likely however.

I can understand, it is not the shouting hoonigan type of game.

But will be both versions might come available? The standard version and the one with all the jumps and stuff? #gossip

Edited by JorritVD

33 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

The standard version and the one with all the jumps and stuff?

Who knows what the future may bring. Rally is great but certainly leans more towards "serious". DiRT's had the more "relaxed" side before 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Who knows what the future may bring. Rally is great but certainly leans more towards "serious". DiRT's had the more "relaxed" side before 🙂 

sounds like codies are merging both rally and dirt games into one with the addition of dirtfish.so wich one dies to create this 2 in 1 game ??? for me keep them a separate entities.

• Disagree 5

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

sounds like codies are merging both rally and dirt games into one with the addition of dirtfish.so wich one dies to create this 2 in 1 game ??? for me keep them a separate entities.

Adding dirtfish to DR2.0 doesn't necessarily means the game will have a lighter/more arcadish mood, like the dirt series games. It just adds a location where we can test setups and practice the handling. RBR also had a rally school, and i don't think anyone can say RBR was a arcade game...

Edited by Opassac
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3

It's literally a location, it doesn't mean they're adding challenges or other stuff, it's just a handling pad/location - you know, for an actual, real life rally school....

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

yes but instead of a copy and paste from dirt we could have had a whole new location for a rally school,but no just like most of dirt rally 2.0 copy paste rinse and repeat from dr1 now dirtfish from dirt see where i'm coming from,where is the creativity gone if codies are just going to do the same thing over and over again and charge you for a new game that is actually a reskin of last one.no one is pushing the boundaries or even trying it seems.   

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 8

Just now, chrisjaf said:

yes but instead of a copy and paste from dirt we could have had a whole new location for a rally school,but no just like most of dirt rally 2.0 copy paste rinse and repeat from dr1 now dirtfish from dirt see where i'm coming from,where is the creativity gone if codies are just going to do the same thing over and over again and charge you for a new game that is actually a reskin of last one.no one is pushing the boundaries or even trying it seems.   

did you know Dirt Rally 1 had 2 rally locations from Dirt 3?

sounds like you could be describing the WRC series, Forza Motorsport 7, F1 2019, every sports game ever, etc etc etc

at least the Dirt games have different physics every release.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

3 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

Can anything please you?

1. People complain about not having DirtFish this time around, asking specifically for it because it is such a well known rally school and location that everyone liked in previous titles
  2. Codies delivers what is requested
  3. The internet complains that they got "rehashed" content

I think Steam is leaking again...

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

27 minutes ago, Opassac said:

Adding dirtfish to DR2.0 doesn't necessarily means the game will have a lighter/more arcadish mood, like the dirt series games. It just adds a location where we can test setups and practice the handling. RBR also had a rally school, and i don't think anyone can say RBR was a arcade game...

Absolutely. Yeah, they could design an all new area for DR2.0, but Dirtfish was more than adequate in D4 and I would rather that is added now then having to wait longer for an all new environment when all I want is a wide open space to play with the cars in. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, chrisjaf said:

The difference is Dirtfish is in a free update. While I do agree that remastering DR1's rally locations as dlc is disappointing, it makes more sense to reuse dirtfish as 

1. It is a well known real world training complex, and it works well.

2. A free driving space is not the main focus of this game, why put so much effort to create a new one? I'd rather they put the money and time into new rally stages.

• Agree 9

Posted (edited)

DR1 was a blast to me. DR2 is awesome. So adding the blast DR1 locations into the awesome DR2 lets us to have a damn blast awesome game. So, I’m happy.

Just add Pikes peak mode, the Hyundai and the mini RX, the f2000 cars and I can die quietly.

Indeed, after many weeks of playing 🤓

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

DR1 was a blast to me. DR2 is awesome. So adding the blast DR1 locations into the awesome DR2 lets us to have a damn blast awesome game. So, I’m happy.

Just add Pikes peak mode, the Hyundai and the mini RX, the f2000 cars and I can die quietly.

Indeed, after many weeks of playing 🤓

i want drive rally with rallycross car too ( WRX , s1600, RX , crosskarts ) , look 600 HP car in rally tracks  would have amazing cant wait to see that  

• Like 1

me: you released dirtfish update?

codemasters :no!! 

codemasters :noooo!! 

codemasters :NOOOOOOOOOO !! 

😂

• Like 1

Adding dirtfish rally school doesn't do anything for me but then neither does RX. I would have rather codies 'open up' the sweet lamb bowl, lots of roads around to drive around.

17 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

wait was that epic drift by Erikkson in Germany RX?!?! Oh boy this just got way more exciting if so...

Yes, because of that move he got the name "Kevin around the outside Erikkson" 😄

5 minutes ago, Matt555 said:

Adding dirtfish rally school doesn't do anything for me but then neither does RX. I would have rather codies 'open up' the sweet lamb bowl, lots of roads around to drive around.

i want more rally too maybe more rally come in season 3 ( and maybe season 4 too )

• Like 1

Since there are seven more unmarked depots, I reckon six of those are reserved for season 3&4 and one of them might be part of free DLC similar to DiRTFish.

Perhaps a free update to promote the VR release version of the game with Lydden Hill and classic Mini Cooper S rallycross cars?

• Like 1