DiRTy Gossip

10 minutes ago, ShouldBeThere said:

Dirtfish is grand an all but we never found the Kebab Pizza easter egg in Dirt 4. Maybe it's in the new Dirtfish too? Anyone for some clues...?

It was inside the main building in D4, wasn't it? I can't see any boxes in there now! 

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Assuming the RS200 trophy is Martin Schanche inspired then maximum kudos to whomever named that! 

don't see how it wouldn't be. a lot of the achievements make references like that.

also feel like I should point out that now that the Focus and Impreza files are in game... we're almost certainly getting a new rally location next, as all the RX tracks have come with RX cars and vice versa.

I have a hunch it's going to be Finland.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ShouldBeThere said:

Dirtfish is grand an all but we never found the Kebab Pizza easter egg in Dirt 4. Maybe it's in the new Dirtfish too? Anyone for some clues...?

It was in the back of a van and would only spawn sometimes.

Posted (edited)

@MattyH1812 Mobil1 Rally Championship 2000 had this multiclass system and it was really great.

I remember picking the 106 Maxi from the A5 class and obviously u weren't going to beat the faster A7 kitcars for the overall victory but beating some of them and getting top 3-5 overall with class win was just fantastic.

Edited by sqdstr
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, ebarbs27 said:

If you join an up to 2000cc* custom lobby and the leader owns the DLC, then the 2001 Focus shows up as an option when choosing a car.

Managed to get it in to my own private custom event but when you leave and re-enter the session, it says you need the DLC.

Managed to record a stage in it 🙂

*For the record, the Focus is in this class, so can only assume the Impreza will be too.

after i see the ford video  my react

epic dancing the rally comeback yessss !!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ianism said:

don't see how it wouldn't be. a lot of the achievements make references like that.

also feel like I should point out that now that the Focus and Impreza files are in game... we're almost certainly getting a new rally location next, as all the RX tracks have come with RX cars and vice versa.

I have a hunch it's going to be Finland.

Finland came with those two cars when it arrived in DR1. No reason to do the same really, but...

7 hours ago, ianism said:

I can't remember the exact context but, having thought about it, I am pretty sure something along those lines was suggested here (or on the Discord) several months ago: glad to see a Schanche reference made it to the game!

Posted (edited)

"Assuming the RS200 trophy is Martin Schanche inspired then maximum kudos to whomever named that!"

Yes it was, you're welcome! 😂

Edited by mats27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe the 2000 Focus will be getting updated sound recordings when it comes out - yeah I would say its all but official, it IS coming.

No time to play right now, haven't seen any posts on the updated Lancia turbo/supercharger sound that was in 1.7.

9 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

It looks really rad. Can't wait to engage my 208 in that insane first corner.

I think I am going to opt for the S1 as I find it the best car for getting sideways: and I want to get to the point where I am doing backwards entries into that corner! 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I think I am going to opt for the S1 as I find it the best car for getting sideways: and I want to get to the point where I am doing backwards entries into that corner! 

Should be one car to do it actually, and that is the OMSE Fiesta MK7 😄 But yeah, think will be a lot of fun this track. Also very challenging with the walls very close in the technical sections. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Should be one car to do it actually, and that is the OMSE Fiesta MK7 😄 But yeah, think will be a lot of fun this track. Also very challenging with the walls very close in the technical sections. 

It's a shame that the C4 isn't available in rallycross so you can do the "original" around the outside...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

It's a shame that the C4 isn't available in rallycross so you can do the "original" around the outside...

Yeah, it would be cool to have some "classic" RX Supercars added to the grid, like the F1 games do and basically the rally part of the game also have different era (2001 Focus vs 2007 Focus)

Basically the C4 RX was  they have the C4 WRC, which with some adjustments (and DiRT3 parts) they could make the RX Supercar version. The same goes for the Focus (Isachsen) where they could use the WRC 2007 as a base. The models not need to be look exactly look like the same. The Hansen C4 looks a bit different than f.e. Jeanney version (where the front was more similar to the WRC) and the Focus of Andy Scott and MDK were look a bit different again than the one of Isachssen. 

small question , for the oculus livrery how to win this livrery on in my team mode but i  not understand 

26 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Basically the C4 RX was  they have the C4 WRC, which with some adjustments (and DiRT3 parts) they could make the RX Supercar version. The same goes for the Focus (Isachsen) where they could use the WRC 2007 as a base. The models not need to be look exactly look like the same. The Hansen C4 looks a bit different than f.e. Jeanney version (where the front was more similar to the WRC) and the Focus of Andy Scott and MDK were look a bit different again than the one of Isachssen. 

You could actually sneak the C4 in as a "current" car, there is still a Hansen C4 in use today...

47686685202_2ff7117163_b.jpg

48469961026_7c40458068_b.jpg

...and it lives in the UK near(ish) Codemasters!

It would be cool to see a selection of older cars in the mix though. The Hansen and Isachsen cars were both in DiRT 3, so I am sure they still have some reference information for them at CM. 

Just now, gk9147 said:

@ebarbs27 @Riggs sorry now the pics 😉

season3.jpg

Ooh! Why didn't they just call the other one "Subaru Impreza 2008"? 😂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ebarbs27 said:

Ooh! Why didn't they just call the other one "Subaru Impreza 2008"? 😂 

OCD: triggered! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Furthermore, there's incoherence between the year display. (2001) 2001 and none at all. Plus noticed how the brand names are on capitals but Ford is not.

• Like 1