DiRTy Gossip

24 minutes ago, chukonu said:

DR2_Oculus_Photo_5_Square.jpg

What car interior is that pic from?

95 Impreza.

2 hours ago, chukonu said:

DR2_Oculus_Photo_5_Square.jpg

What car interior is that pic from?

That's not how the Gossip Thread works. Codies post a pic with no description, we drive ourselves crazy trying to work out what it is.

2 hours ago, caerphoto said:

95 Impreza.

Bingo

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

Yes the first bunch of season 3 content was easy to predict, just basically finishing off the content from DR1. The dr1 ibiza kit car will probably also be present. 

Any other locations will surely be Rallycross seeing as there are no more rally locations to port from dr1. 

I suspect if Seat were playing ball we’d have had more than 50 cars at launch - could be wrong, but I expect to see a Nissan partner the 306.

6 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

BEAUTIFUL.

Where and when is that and the Focus available?

1 minute ago, cafe5150 said:

Where and when is that and the Focus available?

Currently playable in online custom lobbies providing you or the party leader owns content from "up to 2000cc". As for when it's available as DLC, no idea

I mean where is the Scooby and Focus, why can't I access them yet when others can?

1724730898_DiRTRally2_0_20190809012112.thumb.png.14d104263424eb76b0ddb8710ba8412d.png

17 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

I mean where is the Scooby and Focus, why can't I access them yet when others can?

1724730898_DiRTRally2_0_20190809012112.thumb.png.14d104263424eb76b0ddb8710ba8412d.png

They aren't meant to be accessible in the game and are supposed to come as future DLC which hasn't even been announced yet.

The only way I've been able to access the Focus is by going:

Freeplay 👉 Custom Events 👉 Create Championship 👉 Multiplayer Settings 👉 Public/Private 👉 Championship Configuration 👉 Add Event (Select location) 👉 Vehicle Class 👉 Up to 2000cc 👉 Add stages 👉 Confirm 👉 Start Championship 👉 20190809_215059.thumb.jpg.73aff9aba4808bb1c787cc42b5cff3c3.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Aha, done it. Cheers. Wonder how long this will last? Not seeing the Scooby tho.

I'm just gonna say, considering both of these cars were in DR1, and the fact that they've both been released for basically everyone to try, accidentally or not, releasing them as part of a paid DLC now would be kind of a **** move imo

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

Just drove the focus 2001 there, quiet a nice car, massive improvement from the version in dirt 1, a lot more stable. But again the liveries are pathetic for the car.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Aha, done it. Cheers. Wonder how long this will last? Not seeing the Scooby tho.

Seems very rare that the Subaru pops up. Frustrating because that's the car I've been wanting since release 🙄😂

3 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

Just drove the focus 2001 there, quiet a nice car, massive improvement from the version in dirt 1, a lot more stable. But again the liveries are pathetic for the car.

Agree. Far more nimble than it was in DR1/D4. There's probably a licensing issue with using the Martini livery because of alcohol/WRC

• Agree 1

No replay available though but never mind, at least I can get a feel for the Focus. Sweet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caerphoto said:

95 Impreza.

Specifically, the one with the Oculus livery. It’s from the trailer.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, ebarbs27 said:

Seems very rare that the Subaru pops up. Frustrating because that's the car I've been wanting since release 🙄😂

Agree. Far more nimble than it was in DR1/D4. There's probably a licensing issue with using the Martini livery because of alcohol/WRC

I don’t mind not having the Martini livery, but we’ve said it before about the 2007 focus, absolutely no effort put into the liveries to even make it look like a car you could see on a real rally. Could the 2 liveries in the pics not have been added, the white one was used in 2003 before the far nicer big winged version was released or the blue livery from 2002. not very complicated liveries but damn are they good looking !!

AC71B3CF-0CD8-4496-B7D3-E025D9F7A32A.jpeg

B193238E-2973-4508-9C9B-2D126069C491.jpeg

Edited by tonzboher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Looking forward to the Estering. Just check out this onboard footage of Gronholm back in 2017 in his M-Sport Fiesta. They made a few little changes to the track, but it will give a clear indication how challenging this track is. Shame that 

• Like 2

We need this one! Please Codies bring it back here. Even in season 4, special or car dlc, whatever! 😥❤️ image.thumb.png.3a5cfe1bca795d472a2ee728f5250c7a.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, tonzboher said:

Would be not better to put just the 2002 Focus WRC from McRae without Martini Logo/Names like in Colin McRae Rally 3? They could do just the livery like before.

Sounds more like Codemasters have issues with WRC car licenses they could do it like this but even that it's not happening as well. 😕image.thumb.png.8a8256334db8b03d71b3abe52515aa16.png

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, KryspaPL said:

Would be not better to put just the 2002 Focus WRC from McRae without Martini Logo/Names like in Colin McRae Rally 3? They could do just the livery like before.

Sounds more like Codemasters have issues with WRC car licenses they could do it like this but even that it's not happening as well. 😕image.thumb.png.8a8256334db8b03d71b3abe52515aa16.png

Agreed but I would assume martini still own the livery even if it only has ford instead of Martini on it and there might be issue with Movistar also

It's not just Martini or WRC, the issue could be with any of the sponsors on the car as Codies have to get permission from every one.

• Agree 2

Every single sponsor needs to give approval, not only on the liveries but on any official screenshots we produce for promotion.

• Thanks 2

The in-game livery did exist but it was used on the 1999 test car, hence why it doesn't strike a chord with most rally fans.

Agree that it's a shame that the iconic livery the 2001 car actually had is unavailable but at least it's better than the 2007 Focus 🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ebarbs27 said:

The in-game livery did exist but it was used on the 1999 test car, hence why it doesn't strike a chord with most rally fans.

I remember it from Gran Turismo 2!

Image result for ford focus rally car gran turismo

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Just out of interest, how do the liveries work if you weren't to include a sponsor who didn't give their consent? In that photo, Polyphony haven't included the Valvoline logo that's on the real car but are still able to use the rest of the livery.

Just came across my mind because the DLC Porsche is the only car to have the classic blue/gold/red livery minus the Rothmans logos. Is it a case of acquiring the actual colour scheme and then tackling the sponsors or are they all tied in to one?

Edited by ebarbs27
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

wow those graphics have aged well.

those proportions (especially the wheels and wheel arches not so much)

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2