DiRTy Gossip

3 hours ago, caerphoto said:

The driveable area is a bit bigger than the loading screen suggests. It’s actually more like this:

C9C9C845-C362-48BE-A563-BAA72452FD58.jpeg

It's weird that they got the license for D4, but didn't actually do the full compound. And now that they removed the other stuff it's kind of just a large parking lot.

My post wasn’t intended to bash Codie’s Dirtfish content, though sometimes I scratch my head on some decisions.   I think the location is good and well represented.  Could they have went beyond that area, yes, but it would be just more of the same looking roads left unkept.    

I think @JZStudios makes a good point, though, right now it’s just a parking lot, somewhat intended since it’s more of a test area than a place for competition.  However the way it’s set up feels a bit lost, since there is no defined circuit or stage, either with cones or whatnot, it feels out of place in DR2.  I don’t want to be spoon fed, but giving some type of challenge for the location would help.

FOR EXAMPLE:  So you want a place to test and tune, great but you need some data to compare weather you adjustments are improving you car.  If there were some preset course to follow in addition to the free roam to get a time from that would help to make Dirtfish more than a novelty that you play around with for 20min and never come back.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, gfRally said:

My post wasn’t intended to bash Codie’s Dirtfish content, though sometimes I scratch my head on some decisions.   I think the location is good and well represented.  Could they have went beyond that area, yes, but it would be just more of the same looking roads left unkept.    

I think @JZStudios makes a good point, though, right now it’s just a parking lot, somewhat intended since it’s more of a test area than a place for competition.  However the way it’s set up feels a bit lost, since there is no defined circuit or stage, either with cones or whatnot, it feels out of place in DR2.  I don’t want to be spoon fed, but giving some type of challenge for the location would help.

FOR EXAMPLE:  So you want a place to test and tune, great but you need some data to compare weather you adjustments are improving you car.  If there were some preset course to follow in addition to the free roam to get a time from that would help to make Dirtfish more than a novelty that you play around with for 20min and never come back.

Pretty much. Dirtfish was the most fun part of D4 and I only put 8 hours in that game. And that version has more obstacles.

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

It's weird that they got the license for D4, but didn't actually do the full compound. And now that they removed the other stuff it's kind of just a large parking lot.

Go turn on D4 again. There are two versions of DirtFish there. One is the version which is also in DR2. Ok maybe a few tyres, cones and sponsor signs are missing, but still could return in an update. Rather post it in the suggestion box and people can vote or react on it than use the gossip topic for it. Than there is a second version with all the jumps and obstacles which is not planned to return.

One difference compared to D4. Now there is also a wet version available. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gfRally said:

After watching some videos of the Dirtfish in game, it seems that the entire complex has been modeled, even up to the visitor parking.  It looks like the mill run rally sprint area is modeled as well, if I am seeing it correctly.  None the less what has been modeled is a great step forward from DR4 which was fun to play around with all the extras, but just didn't feel like Dirtfish anymore.

Hopefully at some point replay cameras will be set up for some fun hooning videos to be made - which is what i meant a few pages back by spectator cameras.  

I'll give Codies a ++ for adding this and giving it away for free.

EDIT: After looking at it again, and comparing the maps, It looks like the larger area isn't modeled

FROM DIRTFISH website

2037407837_ScreenShot2019-08-10at7_27_05AM.png.effc646dad0f3021566b1e5b0f8f5165.png

Still not a bad effort and really a lot to play around in.  It seems pretty accurate, even with some artistic license

i believe that we should be happy , that on tracks they didnt gave us the beggining ,and the end of the track at 200m ..

A lot of talk about liveries in here... The community can solve these problems - all we need is folder method support for DLCs! 👍

• Agree 4

Liveries are almost as important as car selection I reckon

IF we were to ever get the Toyota Celica GT4 but it didn't have the Castrol livery, there would be riots 😄

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

Liveries are almost as important as car selection I reckon

IF we were to ever get the Toyota Celica GT4 but it didn't have the Castrol livery, there would be riots 😄

I personally wouldn't rate them as that important (but then I prefer a lot of the cars in plain colours anyway, so that could be why!). 

If not including a classic livery is all it took to get a missing car in (especially the Celica!), then I would say it's a price worth paying. 

• Agree 2

I remember the fantasy liveries in Dirt 3 and 2 weren't trash. Loved the Shoei subaru

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/10/2019 at 2:13 AM, PJTierney said:

I remember it from Gran Turismo 2!

Image result for ford focus rally car gran turismo

gt2 is my favorite game more 600 cars ( renault espace F1 ....)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

Ah, GT2 memories... ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

Its almost now impossible to do 600 cars. That Focus in GT2 is super low detailed. No interior, no damage model, etc. Probably a small part of a car in current games (f.e. logo of the car or the roofscoop, or steering wheel) is more detailed and takes more time than to develop that Focus in GT2 all together. 

• Agree 2

I wonder if we will have to wait until after Estering for season 3 news? Or can we expect something early this week?

• Agree 3

I think will be later this month. There was already a big announcement on thursday with the VR, DirtFish and a Patch, than friday had a roadbook. Than tomorrow comes Estering. Maybe we can expect a video of that today, like they did with Wales or the two Group B RX cars (Lancia, MG), and friday a roadbook again. I think if they announce season 3 now, than Estering might be a bit snowed under. 

I hope they'll keep releasing content every 2 weeks. So probably an announcement on the next roadbook and the first new cars in two weeks.

2 hours ago, ark13700 said:

I remember the fantasy liveries in Dirt 3 and 2 weren't trash. Loved the Shoei subaru

Most of the liveries in DR1 were good as well 👍

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, toninus said:

I hope they'll keep releasing content every 2 weeks. So probably an announcement on the next roadbook and the first new cars in two weeks.

Yeah: I wondered if the 2 week release thing was going to carry on and, if that is the case, how quickly they'll want us to know what is going to be in season three. 

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah: I wondered if the 2 week release thing was going to carry on and, if that is the case, how quickly they'll want us to know what is going to be in season three. 

Aye, I'd be betting on end of this week, start of next week at this point

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Aye, I'd be betting on end of this week, start of next week at this point

Well at least we have Estering to keep us amused in the meantime! Really looking forward to having another classic rallycross circuit in the game. 

No Week 7 release for season four? Is there something else yet to be announced, or are they having a month off? 

Surprised that they aren't going to give us CotA to complete the 2018 WRX season, but missing out on that is no great loss! 

• Agree 1

Cool. Getting a little bit bored of it now but will definitely pick up season 3.