Golf kitcar...

9fca3b9453e485fee94cb147a2b23c66.jpg

...Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD)...

41688559811_170b41fb61_b.jpg

...Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5

48017660117_b6db2de1d3_b.jpg

so is 2 new livrery  for 2 ford fiesta 

4 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Sooooo.... where is the '99 Impreza then?  

... wasn't the Nissan Kitcar confirmed too?

I thought the Subaru was unlikely at this point, but I expected to see the Nissan in season 3 or 4. Could it have been delayed by licensing? 

As you say, with the amount of "loose ends" we know about there is surely another season - or another title - on the horizon. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It's entirely possible that Codies had those cars on the wishlist, did some minor work on each car i.e. sound recordings and either owners got the wrong impression (that the cars absolutely would be in DR2) or CM changed their minds or hit a stumbling block. Or best-case scenario for us fans is that the content is being held for a possible future season of DR2!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

...Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD)...

41688559811_170b41fb61_b.jpg

...Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5

48017660117_b6db2de1d3_b.jpg

Why are we getting 2 Baumanis' cars? Did they change to a new car during the season? From my knowledge (that could be wrong) the upper Fiesta is from last season.

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I thought the Subaru was unlikely at this point, but I expected to see the Nissan in season 3 or 4. Could it have been delayed by licensing? 

As you say, with the amount of "loose ends" we know about there is surely another season - or another title - on the horizon. 

new possible dirt coming ? maybe last season 5 only for rally 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

The 2018 STARD Fiesta has a different bodykit/running gear to the MK.7/MK.8 cars that are currently in DR2.0 (which are based on the OMSE Fiesta) and the 2019 STARD Fiesta (Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5) has evolved again so, although it may look like liveries from a casual glance, there are more chances. 

That said, its the sort of subtle differences that I doubt anyone other than the die-hard rallycross fans are going to appreciate, so I can see that season four isn't going to be that popular. 

I'd like to see CM break down similar evolutions with the rally cars and include some of the different variants of the R5 cars. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hello all, I’m still alive by the way. I heard something about a Peugeot maxi and a 206 WRC and Finland and I seem to have had some sort of trouser accident. Can’t wait

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Hello all, I’m still alive by the way. I heard something about a Peugeot maxi and a 206 WRC and Finland and I seem to have had some sort of trouser accident. Can’t wait

yes 206 wrc and greece and finland rally coming soon 

5 minutes ago, nPiipo said:

Why are we getting 2 Baumanis' cars? Did they change to a new car during the season? From my knowledge (that could be wrong) the upper Fiesta is from last season.

STARD have run with one old and one new car this year, as construction of the second car wasn't complete at the start of the season.

Baumanis has been using the latest car (the Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5), while the second STARD car is last years (sorry, I didn't get a picture of Passonen at Silverstone, which is why I used a picture of Baumanis in the same car last year!). 

6 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Its almost now impossible to do 600 cars. That Focus in GT2 is super low detailed. No interior, no damage model, etc. Probably a small part of a car in current games (f.e. logo of the car or the roofscoop, or steering wheel) is more detailed and takes more time than to develop that Focus in GT2 all together. 

I'd like to point you towards Forza. When the Xbone came out they scrapped 95% of the cars and rebuilt them from scratch to meet a new standard for the new console. They just keep adding more cars every year. Forza 5 released with 200 cars and 14 tracks, Forza 7 has 700 cars and 32 tracks.

Horizon 2 launched with 210 cars, Horizon 4 is apparently somewhere around 1000.

The issue is that Codies seems to lose all of it's licenses every single game and has to try and get them all back.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

DR2.0 Online Rallycross at Abu Dhabi 😛

tumblr_ppml8j2gBu1sncaa3o1_400.gif.69958f48eb6c4e4868221a807f14b3b0.gif tumblr_ppjyij1RhB1sncaa3o1_500.gif.eeb88aead098cd62732fbf1a5a6bc56c.gif

Fun fact, I hate Abu Dhabi. I like tracks with flow, and Abu has exactly -15 flow. I don't know why it's seemingly so popular other than the Arabs dumping a buttload of oil money into it.

I don't want to offend anyone, but the Arabs are also not known for fixing or making anything. They use their money to just buy new things or pay someone else to do it, and I'm thinking whoever designed the track had no idea what he's doing and just dropped a piece of spaghetti or loop of string on a map and went "BRILLIANT!"

There's a better video of a different track whose name eludes me, and turn 1 is basically an acute hairpin after a long straight and every single driver slams into each other and the race commentator says "Whoever designed this track needs to be taken into a dark room and beaten."

Edited by JZStudios
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

There will also be an S1 S2 S3 S4.

***** Christ, @tbtstt God I hate your name.

Tell this man what for! All these nonsensical numbers, that's not a real car!

• Haha 2

Just now, JZStudios said:

***** Christ, @tbtstt God I hate your name.

Tell this man what for! All these nonsensical numbers, that's not a real car!

I hate yours as well. We all know you aren't really JayZ. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I hate yours as well. We all know you aren't really JayZ. 

Ew.

I beat a woman in an elevator ONE TIME!

Edited by JZStudios
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

There's a better video of a different track whose name eludes me, and turn 1 is basically an acute hairpin after a long straight and every single driver slams into each other and the race commentator says "Whoever designed this track needs to be taken into a dark room and beaten."

Would that be Orchersleben?

2 minutes ago, DimJones said:

I immediately bought Deluxe, so I did not know that the S1 / S2 sold separately. :classic_smile: What is the price of each season?

I didn't look until someone mentioned it earlier today but, looking on the PS Store...

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/grid/EP4001-CUSA12747_00-DIRTRALLY2EU0001/1?relationship=add-ons

...I don't think you can buy the individual seasons, but you can buy each individual car and location from both seasons thus far. 

If I have got this right then the Deluxe pack (so all of season one and two) was £21.99
The season one content (3 x rally locations @ £2.89 & 6 x cars @ £1.15) bought individually was £15.57.
The season two content (1 x rally location @ £2.89, 2 x rallycross tracks @ £2.89 & 6 x cars @£1.15) bought individually was £15.57.

I assume those prices are similar across all platforms.

Assuming that season three and four use similar prices then there will be some saving buying individually for those who just want rally content. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

ford fiesta rally cross ( stard ?) and fiesta fiesta RXS evo 5

The cars RX cars will be all 2019 spec. 
So for the Fiesta that means
- OMSE's 2019 spec MK8 Fiesta
- STARD's 2019 spec MK8 Fiesta (yes, is different compared to OMSE's)
- STARD's 2018 spec MK7 Fiesta (this version not was available in

@PJTierney could you confirm that the 2018 STARD liveries will be corrected to the new correct Fiesta? They are now on the MK7 OMSE Fiesta. 

image.png.920d1ef641664f1ec373d58021c11434.png

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

is dirt rally not dirtrallycross codemasters 

This is bull****. It is not called DiRT Classic Rally or DiRT Stage Rally. RallyCross and Rally-Raid AutoCross, etc. are all part of Rally. 😉

1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

Sooooo.... where is the '99 Impreza then?  

... wasn't the Nissan Kitcar confirmed too?

And as a Rally enthusiast, there is little to look forward in Season 4. Will there be a Season 5?
If no Season 5, that confirms a new DiRT is already well in development, since those sound recordings (Impreza, Legacy, Almera) surely go somewhere...

Also the MINI RX was confirmed by Bennett, but apperently not will be in the game. 

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

As said in the first point, 3 new 2019 spec models. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

So after all S3/S4 news and talking. There will be a "welcome to Estering" video premiered. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Also the MINI RX was confirmed by Bennett, but apperently not will be in the game. 

As said before, I question how accurate a source Bennett is. 

Good question about the current Fiesta liveries: the Baumanis and Nitiss liveries are on the wrong Mk.7 Fiesta, so I wonder if the Baumanis one will be moved. 

This is nothing against Rallycross or anyone liking it, but I only plan to buy s3 no matter if it makes sense financially.   I only want to send a message that my purpose for purchasing a Rally title is for Stage Rally, not a 50/50 Rally/Rx title.   Again, its not that I hate the idea, but if I can make a small point to the bean counters that I personally prefer more stages and locations than RX, this is the only way I can.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, gfRally said:

This is nothing against Rallycross or anyone liking it, but I only plan to buy s3 no matter if it makes sense financially.   I only want to send a message that my purpose for purchasing a Rally title is for Stage Rally, not a 50/50 Rally/Rx title.   Again, its not that I hate the idea, but if I can make a small point to the bean counters that I personally prefer more stages and locations than RX, this is the only way I can.

Weird, I plan to do the complete opposite! 

Season 3 being mostly recycled and uninteresting to me (sorry :P), I'll just be buying S4 for the wealth of mostly new RX content, content that I know I will love