DiRTy Gossip

1 hour ago, J89 said:

The game would look better without the dust effect. The replays could also be 60fps if it were removed, now they are 30fps.

If you're on console you just have to accept trade-offs. On PC you'll get 60fps replays and good looking dust trails. They are performance hogs though. 

• Agree 2

I think there's a little bit too much dust at Germany, but it's all fine since these are just details and I'm happy the dust is there in the first place

If complain about dust, than the game is pretty good.

I only have two suggestions about dust:

- dust should a bit thinner in RX, but should hang longer.

- when jumping, the dust creating stops in DR2.0. Ussualy the car sucks the dust with it in the air and slowly becomes less in the air till it touched the ground again and creates dust. But really depends on the underground and humidity as well. So in Australia this is more than Wales.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, bogani said:

If you're on console you just have to accept trade-offs. On PC you'll get 60fps replays and good looking dust trails. They are performance hogs though.  

Dirt Rally 1 also has 60fps replays on consoles. So it is disappointing that here is only 30fps.

4 hours ago, J89 said:

Dirt Rally 1 also has 60fps replays on consoles. So it is disappointing that here is only 30fps.

Dirt Rally 2.0 also looks much better and has a lot more graphical fidelity, therefore needing more performance from your system, and that's where consoles fall short of PCs

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, J89 said:

Dirt Rally 1 also had simpler models with lower quality mesh and textures. D4 moved to a full PBR pipeline as well, carried on into DR2. It doesn't look the same and perform worse.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

So what about changing this livery

image.thumb.png.760ab363130fd88ac904e2a5893572a6.png

into this (D4 livery editor created)

image.thumb.png.79e6551b7652c396807e4f90ed398292.png

Btw, that crappy plain blue hurt for your eyes livery also comes on the 306 Maxi 😕

DR2_Peugeot_306Maxi-2-1024x576.jpg

For the 306 this OZ livery should return than (and maybe apply to the Focus as well)

image.thumb.png.32bfcf0694adc50c7533c1895081e62a.png

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

So what about changing this livery

image.thumb.png.760ab363130fd88ac904e2a5893572a6.png

into this (D4 livery editor created)

image.thumb.png.79e6551b7652c396807e4f90ed398292.png

Btw, that crappy plain blue hurt for your eyes livery also comes on the 306 Maxi 😕

DR2_Peugeot_306Maxi-2-1024x576.jpg

For the 306 this OZ livery should return than (and maybe apply to the Focus as well)

image.thumb.png.32bfcf0694adc50c7533c1895081e62a.png

Haha nice work, and yes come to think of it, that plain blue 306 livery does hurt my eyes 😂 the liveries just get worse and worse, just when you thought the 2007 Focus liveries couldn’t be beaten 🙈

fingers crossed the 206 has a decent livery, it seems to be close guarded secret at the moment, whereas the Impreza 2001 with the official livery is being flaunted everywhere lol so it worries me that we haven’t seen the 206 yet...fingers crossed folks

Edited by Pieman99

Guys...there are any plan on patch the Nationality of spotter/co driver?and be able to use 2 different Nations?

my god..I can’t believe we are going to get the 206...i’m on 110% hype 🤪

On 8/14/2019 at 8:46 PM, SkyRex said:

@PJTierney
For your feature request List. Especially if Season 4 is the end and there will be no '99 Impreza or further 2001 cars:
If not happened already, pelase make the team aware that the Evo VI did indeed compete in the 2001 WRC and is a direct competitor to the other 2001's as well as that the 2010 C4 is unfair match in the 2000ccm, therefor a new class should really really be considered?
Or is even the class system bound to licencing and manufacturers demand certain opponents for their stuff??

If that is not possible (why?...), at the very least put a "cherry picking cars" for leagues onto the list. So that leagues/clubs could at least design seasons where the C4 is prohibited or the Focus drives against the Evo.

I haven't asked why certain cars are in the Classes they are, but if I get a spare moment I'll see if I can ask around 🙂 

I suspect that any Class lineup changes would require rebalancing of AI however, or may even be tied to certain licensor agreements, but that's just me guessing and not an official status 😉 

Clubs-wise we brought up blacklist/whitelisting cars and multi-class, but I don't think those are in the plans right now, sorry.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 10:46 PM, JZStudios said:

I'm curious as to why VR has now been supported, but proper triple screen is still missing.

Making a note here for when I update a wishlist document 🙂 

Can you explain a bit more to this console peasant what exactly is missing in regards triple screen support? I don't regularly play the Steam version and have never done so on more than 1 screen.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 8:18 AM, dani211212 said:

May i ask @PJTierney is there chance we will get some DLC as not part of season 3 and 4? like for example Codies have good relationship with Ryan Champion, is there chance for putting his Ford Puma, as kit car, and Lancer evo9 or the Lancer 2005 model? it would fit perfectly for F2 and up to 2000ccm class.. i will support you anyway with season 3 and 4 pass, but season 4 with rx content is nothing for me.. so i hope for miracle, and extra content for loyal supporters 🙂

On 8/15/2019 at 8:25 AM, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Unfortunately it's not a case of asking who owns the car, more who built the car and who's advertised on it.  However, i wouldn't put it past Codies to release some DLC not yet announced...

Maxx is right, many different people involved in the licensing, sourcing and development of cars 🙂 

Don't forget, we had DirtFish as non-Season content in 1.7, so who knows what the future may bring 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/15/2019 at 12:11 PM, AlexSpartan316 said:

Can someone PLEASE explain me why  the nr4 evo 10 (one of the most common nr4/r4 cars in the entire world rally scene) it’s RHD?! 😂

On 8/15/2019 at 1:28 PM, Riggs said:

Think that has to do with the respective car they modeled after. Some old chatter about that since DR1.

Most likely answer, and a common one regardless of racing game. Happens a lot in GT and Forza too; Microsoft tend to be able to find LHD cars easier as they're based in the US, and Polyphony the same for RHD because they're based in Japan 🙂 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 4:00 PM, Riggs said:

I'm sure the audio team have a massive book of contacts 🙂 

I believe Chris Jojo had to fly all the way out to America to find a Delta S4 😮 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

i don't understand, the skin of dlc cars it's crypted for blocking hacker the gratis dlc,but on youtube it's full of videos every time coming new dlc, of videos with future car, of cracked game, like subaru 2001....

now: why i ned pay for have later than others this content, and not have the possibility to editor the livreries??? the cracked game it's out! and the dlc cars it's online before your official release...

i'm very disappoined

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Can you explain a bit more to this console peasant what exactly is missing in regards triple screen support? I don't regularly play the Steam version and have never done so on more than 1 screen.

Proper triple screen support entails rendering 3 separate views, rather than a single view stretched across 3 monitors acting as a single very wide screen. It's sort of like how VR support means rendering 2 separate views, one per eye, from slightly different angles.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

@PJTierney With all the new DLC coming for season 3 and 4, will we ever be able to have all rally tracks in place to run all 12 stages in career? I know we can in custom championships but it's a total pain to ensure you have all 12 stages and all 12 segments without forgetting one. I can just imagine needing to run 144 total stages once you get to Masters level in career. 

Also one last point if the 144 stage rally is impossible, is there any way to find out at what AI level is set at for the 5 career levels, so I can adapt the AI to run the correct AI difficulty?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I haven't asked why certain cars are in the Classes they are, but if I get a spare moment I'll see if I can ask around 🙂 

I suspect that any Class lineup changes would require rebalancing of AI however, or may even be tied to certain licensor agreements, but that's just me guessing and not an official status 😉 

Clubs-wise we brought up blacklist/whitelisting cars and multi-class, but I don't think those are in the plans right now, sorry.

Any thoughts of a 2000s esports tournament are rendered useless and impractical until a solution is implemented for this case. An early 2000s tournament would be mind-blowing (a lot of people are waiting for that), but not until the Lancer Evo VI is able to compete with the 2001s and the others are banned. Otherwise, people will just stick with the 2010s because they're faster overall.

Given that, R5 is the only viable choice for tournaments so far, due to its balance.

Edited by Riggs

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I'm sure the audio team have a massive book of contacts 🙂 

I believe Chris Jojo had to fly all the way out to America to find a Delta S4 😮 

Oh, I think I know of THAT guy.  Not many collectors of fine rally machines here in the US.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, scobb1972 said:

@PJTierney With all the new DLC coming for season 3 and 4, will we ever be able to have all rally tracks in place to run all 12 stages in career? I know we can in custom championships but it's a total pain to ensure you have all 12 stages and all 12 segments without forgetting one. I can just imagine needing to run 144 total stages once you get to Masters level in career. 

Also one last point if the 144 stage rally is impossible, is there any way to find out at what AI level is set at for the 5 career levels, so I can adapt the AI to run the correct AI difficulty?

Current experiments have pegged the AI at roughly the following levels:

Open: 50-60%
Clubman: 60-70%
Pro: 70-80%
Elite: 80-95%
Master: 95-110%

I would also say you could probably make the ranges a bit fuzzier on the edges (ie Pro is more like 67-83%) but not by that much; could honestly just be chalked up to randomness/conditions. But it has been noted that in My Team Masters tends to run a bit faster than the 100% AI in customs. Maybe that is just consistency? Not really sure but it is definitely a bit above 100% AI

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Making a note here for when I update a wishlist document 🙂 

It's a tad more of a joke than anything. With the No VR "craze" of all three people, they said the game already supports triple screen and steering wheels, so therefore VR should be a breeze to implement, because that makes logical sense.

Anyways, thing is, the game simply displays on triple screens. The best amount of support most... well all really, modern games have is using the correct FOV so it doesn't zoom in when you go to ultrawide and keeping the HUD elements in the center. Dirt has already done this since at least Dirt 2.

The "issue" is that when you do that, the displays act like they're all in a straight line. This doesn't bother me as much since my displays are at a somewhat shallow 30° on smaller 24" monitors. But for people with larger monitors and larger angles, it can look really wrong. iRacing, Project Cars, and Assetto Corsa (Maybe R3E) have multi camera projections, and you input your screen size, angle, and bezel width to correctly place the cameras to get a natural view. Considering VR is using 2 "cameras" at specific locations, this would be adding a third, but you wouldn't need to remake literally every other part of the game.

I could try to record a comparison in Assetto for you if you want. But for simplicity's sake, there's this;

Which also works for VR. When they announced this I got real excited that it might be used in either format, but much like any other cool thing Nvidia does as big selling points, it's gone basically completely silent.

*Edit, I just realized Jensen talks like Trump. Short sentences, repeats himself sometimes, lots of hand gestures. And then he dresses up like Deus Ex Jensen.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Most likely answer, and a common one regardless of racing game. Happens a lot in GT and Forza too; Microsoft tend to be able to find LHD cars easier as they're based in the US, and Polyphony the same for RHD because they're based in Japan 🙂 

Well... couldn't you just mirror flip the interior? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, scobb1972 said:

Honestly, I don't know.

I could ask (also about AI difficulty).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Well... couldn't you just mirror flip the interior? :classic_laugh:

You try telling licensors that 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

@PJTierney do you think in the future will get the MK 8 Ford Fiesta R5? 

Both the MK 7 & 8 fiestas are in the Rallycross section after all.

• Like 2