DiRTy Gossip

25 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

@PJTierney do you think in the future will get the MK 8 Ford Fiesta R5? 

Both the MK 7 & 8 fiestas are in the Rallycross section after all.

R5 as in the rally car? Don't know if there's a plan for that but considering it's Jon's new favourite car he's probably asked for it 😄 

• Like 1

Untitled.png.6702fe255074d8d1efd153837d28421e.png

Doesn't explain their absence from DR 2.0 though does it :classic_biggrin: 

Or, maybe it does since they only mention GT Sport, damn you licensing!!! 😞

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

R5 as in the rally car? Don't know if there's a plan for that but considering it's Jon's new favourite car he's probably asked for it 😄 

Yes the new R5 rally car, considering Codemasters don’t seem to have an issue with the ford licensing, I think it should be added in the future because as we know with the older MK 7 R5 rally car, the new car is going to be very popular.

I'd rather see a new modern class 'up to 1600cc' or something with some 2010 cars that have appeared in DiRT before.

• Mini Countryman (2011)
  • Ford Fiesta RS (2011)
  • Volkswagen Polo R (2013)
  • Hyundai i20 (2014)

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

You try telling licensors that 😄 

Sure, give me their number and deets. Seems a bit odd that they'd be so picky about RHD or LHD. I'll give them a talkin to. While you're at it, let me at Toyota too. Not like I can possibly harm your relationship.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Still super weird that they say that while riding on the tuner scene, and making the new supra intentionally kind of **** "for the tuning companies."

Weren't they also absent in a Forza or two? Whether it's Horizon or Motorsport, neither is "illegal" street racing.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, MattyH1812 said:

Toyota Dude's right, licensing is complicated 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, JorritVD said:

So what about changing this livery

image.thumb.png.760ab363130fd88ac904e2a5893572a6.png

into this (D4 livery editor created)

image.thumb.png.79e6551b7652c396807e4f90ed398292.png

Btw, that crappy plain blue hurt for your eyes livery also comes on the 306 Maxi 😕

DR2_Peugeot_306Maxi-2-1024x576.jpg

For the 306 this OZ livery should return than (and maybe apply to the Focus as well)

image.thumb.png.32bfcf0694adc50c7533c1895081e62a.png

Even though it might require a renegotiation of pretty much every sponsor licensing deal Codies have done for DR2.0, I'd love to have the livery editor like in D4 back - you could create some really fabulous stuff even with just that! (I attach some nice ones I found dotted around the internet)

4tEyq6L.thumb.jpg.253357276daf8c3599136ceec1a40d21.jpg17R9NMc.png.8bfb92821145970ed9c536a54c826d1c.png421020_screenshots_20170614222716_1.thumb.jpg.31d50aa41aa92963384fbcd0fdfb21b2.jpg421020_screenshots_20180327222313_1.thumb.jpg.45ba6f44a24860e314f2e8e152fe81ff.jpgadsdasd.thumb.jpg.881e93033536076bbce79347b8643ba6.jpgadsdsdsfsdgs.thumb.jpg.469fbd5a813acb36a0e1c09fb4c3c8b9.jpgasddssd.jpg.59e82ee875326b2ca4d015e3d5e9d8a1.jpgsdgsfgffg.thumb.jpg.71ae87f66da7022f3a30d9638e4794d1.jpg

asddsad.jpg

• Like 7

@PJTierney about that Mr Rallycross trophy...

image.png.aaae3b9c26abdb5e23f80dcb204775b5.png

...can we maybe expect the real Mr Rallycross Martin Schanche RS200 livery or a kinda inspired livery of that in the game?

image.thumb.png.b767b6141ac01b9b6141d27f1d2e5acd.png

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Most likely answer, and a common one regardless of racing game. Happens a lot in GT and Forza too; Microsoft tend to be able to find LHD cars easier as they're based in the US, and Polyphony the same for RHD because they're based in Japan 🙂 

Was pretty strange at first, seeing an RHD Opel Ascona 400 in the game.

I mean Walter Röhrl won his second title with it...in an LHD!

And it's an Opel...you know, we drive on the right side of the road...*jumps into cover* thihi 😄

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I'm sure the audio team have a massive book of contacts 🙂 

I believe Chris Jojo had to fly all the way out to America to find a Delta S4 😮 

And it was worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

...can we maybe expect the real Mr Rallycross Martin Schanche RS200 livery or a kinda inspired livery of that in the game?

All of this please!

The aero-free rallycross RS200 is still the best looking in my personal opinion and the primary Schanche RS200 is one of my all time favourites.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Livery editor was the best thing in Dirt 4 !
And they removed it... 😢

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, toninus said:

Livery editor was the best thing in Dirt 4 !
And they removed it... 😢

It was ok, but far to limited imo. Logos on strange places, just very few patterns, and for me the most frustrating part is that nummerplates depend on pattern instead of car/series/event

• Agree 2

@PJTierney Is there a little chance to get Toyota's brand license for next year?

It's a real shame not to be able to see cars like Celica St185 that wrote the history of rally in gr.A, or the Corolla.. 😞

Screenshot_2019-08-21-09-04-26~2.png

• Agree 1

A little sidetrack, but booted up Dakar 18 again on the PS4. As I not saw any Dakar 18 topics, I just quickly post it here.
Did the Desafío Inca DLC (its free as far as I know) to have some fun, and I noticed the game has improved on some points.
- It seems the cars go straight. In the beginning they always went to left or right, so you were constanly busy correcting it. 
- The buggy type cars (MINI buggy, Pug 3008 DKR) now seem much better to drive, not constantly spinning out. 
- The navigator not seems to be shouting constantly anymore. 

At the Desafío Inca the roadbook is sometimes a bit tricky, so sometimes also just follow your own instinct, instead of the co-driver, who only is activated on certain points. If you just outside that point, it doesn't say anything anymore, till you to far and starts to shout a bit. So important to keep you focus on the roadbook as well than only listen to your co-driver. I not really think this is a bug, but more part of the challenge the game offers. 

I recorded all three stages. If you interested, here is the video of stage one. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czPzaLcDykY 

There is another DLC, the Desafío Ruta 40 Rally, which has 5 longer rally stages i believe compared to the 3 shorter but open area stages of the Desafío Inca DLC. I might plan to do that aswell, but than the first time I do it with a car, and possible with one of the buggy (MINI of PUG) and after will delete the game of my PS4 and maybe try it again in a few years. Also have ordered Wreckfest (Deluxe version) to have some fun (and my girlfriend like to crash things). So I kinda can create my own "career" with all of these games. Going from folkrace to rally(cross) to cross-country. 😄 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, tbtstt said:

All of this please!

The aero-free rallycross RS200 is still the best looking in my personal opinion and the primary Schanche RS200 is one of my all time favourites.

There are some interesting liveries. I found now a website who got a nice overview 🙂

https://rallygroupbshrine.org/group-b-rallycross/group-b-rallycross-cars/rx-gallery-audi-quattro-sport-s1/
https://rallygroupbshrine.org/group-b-rallycross/group-b-rallycross-cars/rx-gallery-ford-rs200/
https://rallygroupbshrine.org/group-b-rallycross/group-b-rallycross-cars/rx-gallery-lancia-delta-s4/
https://rallygroupbshrine.org/group-b-rallycross/group-b-rallycross-cars/rx-gallery-mg-metro-6r4/
https://rallygroupbshrine.org/group-b-rallycross/group-b-rallycross-cars/rx-gallery-peugeot-205-t16/

For some if you just use the colors and number, you already have a great effect. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Ooh neat.

I'm not sure what the plan is for post-release liveries, but we got the Per-Inge Walfridsson Lancia Stratos as a freebie so who knows 🙂 

1 hour ago, Deltone91 said:

@PJTierney Is there a little chance to get Toyota's brand license for next year?

It's a real shame not to be able to see cars like Celica St185 that wrote the history of rally in gr.A, or the Corolla.. 😞

Screenshot_2019-08-21-09-04-26~2.png

I'm not privy to any plans, but to the best of my knowledge no Toyotas are coming to DiRT Rally 2.0. 

Future games, who knows.

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Recognise a lot of those pictures: many of them were taken by Eddi Laumanns who is the authority on European Rallycross history, especially in the Group B era. He wrote a number of yearbooks in the late 80's/early 90's which are hard to track down, but brilliant bits of rallycross history. 

17 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Toyota Dude's right, licensing is complicated 🙂 

I suspect they have some sort of agreement with Polyphony because they're Japanese. those are rare these days, but I could see it being a thing in Japan, which has a history of this kind of thing. then they have cars in the WRC games because they kinda have to as one of the manufacturer teams (which frankly might even make them unwilling to give licenses to CM, because the Dirt series is essentially the rival).

Silly decision, but we have to respect it. Not everyone can have the luxury of throwing money and marketing out the window like Toyota. They're clearly missing the point here, where DiRT Rally series are the main front for rallying.

Ah yes, Coley was here.

He was doing some voiceover work for future content 🙂 

I didn’t get a chance to meet him (very busy day today), but did spot him walking round the halls. He’s tall! 😮 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Ah yes, Coley was here.

He was doing some voiceover work for future content 🙂 

😮 Future content beyond Season 4 orrrrr just the S4 track intros?

If the former, any chance you can drop a hint in the RX thread for us RX nuts? 😉