DiRTy Gossip

40 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Rallycross crew, assemble! 

ezgif-1-f983661ee2e6.gif.1c4cad9f127e9c960387dac139da3e32.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

The happier you RX fans are, the sadder I become.  This must be what it feels like to be a consol peasant being left out in the cold, no (new) stage rally content in the coming DLCs.  🤔

Well, glad you all are happy have fun going in circles 😂

EDIT: the only real RX content I would really enjoy is the NitroCircus location.

-Eor Gamer

Edited by gfRally
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, gfRally said:

The happier you RX fans are, the sadder I become.  This must be what it feels like to be a consol peasant being left out in the cold, no (new) stage rally content in the coming DLCs.  🤔

EDIT: the only real RX content I would really enjoy is the NitroCircus location.

-Eor Gamer

Welcome to Misery Town.

Population: PC rally snobs. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Seriously, how hard would it be to license this for the game?

13 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The Audi's making a "heck yeah, RALLYCROSS!" face, just for you @gfRally 😉 

That's odd. It's clearly damaged, yet it doesn't look like a Ford...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Seriously, how hard would it be to license this for the game?

NRX vs WRX
Red Bull vs Monster
Yokohama vs Cooper

But on the other side, Lydden Hill will come to the game, and WRX doesn't go there anymore, but TitansRX does. Next to that there are Red Bull sponsored cars in the game already. 

I don't know how much IMG sees NRX as competition, also Andrew Coley was commentator and having a good big RX race there only will help to promote the sport and could be beneficial for ARX. So far I haven't seen any CM employee not commentating about it that it is not possible, but it is also not announced as DLC. And if this track would come, I guess it will be definitly be paid DLC, or it would be a mega move to have it as free content. 

14 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

That's odd. It's clearly damaged, yet it doesn't look like a Ford...

It is still Marklund you know 😛 He has crashed quite some cars as well. 

Well, this might be a bit awkward/painfull for some organisations. 

image.png.37c53d620a3a6a8efe52fbee1a0f10be.png

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

NRX vs WRX
Red Bull vs Monster
Yokohama vs Cooper

I feel like this is overthinking potential licensing disputes a little. 

DR2 doesn't have official WRC-spec cars and can't have the same stages, but they have liveries and driver names from several eras of the WRC, and use cars that are currently used in the WRC2 and WRCjunior championships - cars with liveries that have sponsors of of drivers/teams that are currently in these championships.

similarly, when it comes to RX, DR2 has the Impreza RX with ARX liveries

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

NRX vs WRX
Red Bull vs Monster
Yokohama vs Cooper

But on the other side, Lydden Hill will come to the game, and WRX doesn't go there anymore, but TitansRX does. Next to that there are Red Bull sponsored cars in the game already. 

I don't know how much IMG sees NRX as competition, also Andrew Coley was commentator and having a good big RX race there only will help to promote the sport and could be beneficial for ARX. So far I haven't seen any CM employee not commentating about it that it is not possible, but it is also not announced as DLC. And if this track would come, I guess it will be definitly be paid DLC, or it would be a mega move to have it as free content. 

It is still Marklund you know 😛 He has crashed quite some cars as well. 

Are you trying to say it would be conflicting interests? I don't think so. Far as I know NRX is basically just Pastrami trying to have a good time. There's no reason that either would object to the other.

Red Bull and Monster? I mean, Monster is a sponsor of WRX. I suppose I could maybe see it, but... It'd still be weird. I don't think Monster is a sponsor of DR2, and they actually seem to be pretty friendly, and I've seen a lot of crossover action sports stuff.

Yokohama and Cooper? Only if the advertisements are around the track. Even then they could just skip one or the other.

I guess the question is who owns the rights to the track, since I think was Mr. Sandwich that designed it and earned the funding for it.

Edit* *Still can't quote other posts in edits*

"It is still Marklund you know 😛 He has crashed quite some cars as well. "

Impossible. Only the Block crashes cars.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

this is a great gif. I've noticed on the Nitro RX youtube videos a lot of the comments are asking for the track in DR2. I don't know if there's going to be any content after Season 4, but if so it'd be nice to see this one and Spa (plus some rally stuff of course).

anyways, I wanted to ask you... how are you liking Dakar 18? I tried it for about 10 minutes a year and a half ago and found it kind of insane and not fun, but I like the idea, I like that part of the world (I've spent some time there), and I like offroad stuff.

Edited by ianism

31 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Red Bull and Monster? I mean, Monster is a sponsor of WRX. I suppose I could maybe see it, but... It'd still be weird. I don't think Monster is a sponsor of DR2, and they actually seem to be pretty friendly, and I've seen a lot of crossover action sports stuff.

I mean not to mention that there's Red Bull sponsored cars in WRX.

I could be mistaken, but I can't see IMG seeing Nitro RX as any sort of threat. Its just a one off event and, as they run the World, European and American season now, its not likely to affect them. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I could be mistaken, but I can't see IMG seeing Nitro RX as any sort of threat. Its just a one off event and, as they run the World, European and American season now, its not likely to affect them. 

I feel like if they viewed it as a threat, they would have forbade Andy from commentating it, and prevented the Hansens from competing.

Edited by mwoodski
  • Agree 4

Is it impossible to lose wheels now? I remember you could lose a whole wheel in dirt rally 1. 

1 hour ago, Bluestig said:

Is it impossible to lose wheels now? I remember you could lose a whole wheel in dirt rally 1. 

Trust me, it's still possible. I think it requires slightly more effort than in DR1, at least when hardcore damage is not on, but it is still very possible. 

12 hours ago, gfRally said:

-Eor Gamer

I'll tell you this, given that I only care about stage rally, the fact that Season 4 is RX only means I don't have to figure out how to buy that too and can concentrate solely on the money I NEED for the 206😍

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mats27 said:

We could see him in Speed's car for this year, but otherwise I think he's more interested in rallying.

Yeah, you are correct. Oliver said he was focusing on Rally. At Subaru they still got Higgins and Pastrana as well. Andd they also hired Topi last year for a round.

4 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Yeah, you are correct. Oliver said he was focusing on Rally. At Subaru they still got Higgins and Pastrana as well. Andd they also hired Topi last year for a round.

Yeah, spot on. Aside from an appearance at Goodwood I don't think Oliver has sat in a rallycross car all year. Petter said a year or so ago that the focus for Oliver would be a career in rally, RallyX Nordic was just a stepping stone on the way to that. 

WRC2 is surely the next step forward for Oliver. 

6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, spot on. Aside from an appearance at Goodwood I don't think Oliver has sat in a rallycross car all year. Petter said a year or so ago that the focus for Oliver would be a career in rally, RallyX Nordic was just a stepping stone on the way to that. 

WRC2 is surely the next step forward for Oliver. 

The Kalle vs Oliver fight will be interesting to watch in the future. I hope a few other talents join the party.

*winks at M-Sport* (I'm available image.thumb.png.2be8d35fecef17daff8b169d7e71d3d0.png )

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Pfei said:

This would be a good addition to Unexpected Moments:

@urgaffel already gets stressed enough when people try to run down his animals in the road, I can only imagine what would happen if we started adding bodies to the mix :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1