DiRTy Gossip

RBR had running photographers which were impossible to hit afaik. This was suggested before and they said it was actually quite a bit of work to get it done properly (anything involving animation is quite a bit of work idd). So probably only in the new title.

14 minutes ago, Riggs said:

RBR had running photographers which were impossible to hit afaik. This was suggested before and they said it was actually quite a bit of work to get it done properly (anything involving animation is quite a bit of work idd). So probably only in the new title.

I want to say D2/D3 had it as well - you would see some standing in the middle of the road and sprinting back to jump the guardrail as you went screaming passed them. I also think CM said they aren't doing that anymore as it gave the higher ups a lot of stress trying to make sure it'd be impossible to have players go "GTA" on the crowds

43 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

@urgaffel already gets stressed enough when people try to run down his animals in the road, I can only imagine what would happen if we started adding bodies to the mix :classic_laugh:

Gran Turismo 4 did it. Fun part is, they expect you to be going fast, so if you just crawl through the sprites very jittery just slowly move out of the way.

• Haha 1

Meh. Spectators/photographers on the road will get old very quickly. Don't bother with it. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, bogani said:

Meh. Spectators/photographers on the road will get old very quickly. Don't bother with it. 

That too. It was the same sprite in the same location every lap.

4 hours ago, Pfei said:

This would be a good addition to Unexpected Moments:

Ouchhhh.... I was watching the WRC+ stream and when mads osteberg was interviewed in the end of the stage, he said he was still shaking, one of the worst moments he had in rally... now i know why... Holly *****...

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Does anyone think there is any credibility in the 92 Legacy and 97 impreza gossip, or do we think it was more likely for a different game now? 

They could’ve been used to drum up some serious hype for the release of the new seasons, particularly the 97 impreza. 

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I wonder if the Legacy and 97 Impreza sound was recorded to implement in similar cars I.e. 97 Impreza sound being used on the 2001 Impreza in game?

Edited by Malling
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Months ago a post had appeared on Facebook, in which the owner of a '97 Nissan Sunny Kitcar announced that the sounds had been recorded..

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Does anyone think there is any credibility in the 92 Legacy and 97 impreza gossip, or do we think it was more likely for a different game now? 

They could’ve been used to drum up some serious hype for the release of the new seasons, particularly the 97 impreza. 

I certainly hope not as we all hope that there was some truth in them recording the sounds for both of those cars for them to be put in the game, I find it strange that the 97/00 wrc Impreza, the S9-S11 & S12-S12C Impreza haven’t been added, could it be a licensing issue? For me the 2dr wrc car and the group A car are the most iconic Subaru’s and both should be in the game no matter what. Codemasters seem to be able to use Prodrives cars for their games, M3, Porsche 911 and some of the Subaru’s but why haven’t the most iconic Subaru’s not been added yet is a question that we all want an answer to.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Malling said:

I wonder if the Legacy and 97 Impreza sound was recorded to implement in similar cars I.e. 97 Impreza sound being used on the 2001 Impreza in game?

97 wrc Impreza is slightly different sound to the 2001 Impreza 

• Like 1

I don't think content beyond S4 is out of the question.

• The Nissan Sunny F2 kitcar facebook post
  • The Legacy/'97 Impreza recordings
  • "Year One" pass

Also the simple fact content beyond season 4 hasn't been ruled out. I think that if they decided it wasn't happening we'd know about it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, chukonu said:

I don't think content beyond S4 is out of the question.

• The Nissan Sunny F2 kitcar facebook post
  • The Legacy/'97 Impreza recordings
  • "Year One" pass

Also the simple fact content beyond season 4 hasn't been ruled out. I think that if they decided it wasn't happening we'd know about it.

I think by now it is more like an open business question. They are probably developing new content already, maybe with more people again after F1 release. But the decision if it will be for a new game or DLC is probably not made yet and dependent on wether they can earn enough money through DLC selling compared to the Alternative.
So nothing will be confirmed at this point, since they aren't sure yet if the investment into more DLC would be a net gain.
I am all for it though! Pump DR2 up to a truly magnificent sim. And I honestly don't know what features I would want from a new game, apart from more content and maybe even longer stages (but 16km is already at low WRC-levels, so it's less of a priority). And for just content, you could bring it to DR2 as long as the sales pay for themselves.

--------------------

Different thing: I produced a video with the Evo X, never used it before much. Noticed it is automatically set to sequential shift by the game. I was confused, but in the replay in the cockpit you also see only two pedals and the foot never presses a clutch. I always assumed the NR4 class is H-Shifted. What kind of transmission does the Evo have?

----------------------

I also noticed that in NZ, all the bigger puddles actually have animations and sound, when you drive through them. Wasn't there an argument, why this isn't the case in Wales? Wales really should receive a Weather Update.

----------------------

Judging by the "Year ONE" wording. it really sounds like a strong suggestion, that Seasons are intended to continue, as long as they are viable business. And I really hope the 99 or 97 Impreza is coming somewhere... It would give a proper partner for the Evo VI, now that we are not getting a 'millenial' class.
By the way, I noticed the new Pug actually looks good. How long do you think for an R5 to arrive? Maybe an idea for Year Two?

Peugeot-R2.jpg.a5d823dccfcb2bbfa755e13fea7781c9.jpg

Edited by SkyRex
  • Like 2

my react for maybe  second year pass  , i see too on ps store  " one year pass" yes yes yes , end of january   year 2  need more tarmac rally ( galeway , san remo , france .... ) because dr 2.0  have only 3 country with tarmac 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

the dream year pass  2 

season 1

week 1 toyota corolla (  polyphony D have toyota licences but maybe )

skoda   octavia  wrc 

week 3 galeway  rally 

week 5  Skoda fabia RX 

hyundai RX 

week 7 spa rallycross 

week 9  ferrari 308 GTB  ( group B rwd )

mazda RX7 ( group B rwd )

week 11  San remo  tarmac   rally 

season 2

week 1 subaru legacy ( group A )

toyota celica ( group A )

week 3 portugal rally

week 5  volkswagen RX2 

mini cooper RX ( from DR 1.0 )

week 7 new RX track ( choose because im not RX fan ) 😉

week 9  malaysia rally 

week 11 : citroen DS3 R5

: hyundai R5 

season 3

week 1  : new RX track 

week 3 : twingo RX s1600

citroen c2 RX s1600 

week 5   Kenya rally 

week 7 citroen saxo Kit car 

seat cordoba Wrc 

week 9  czech republic rally tarmac 

week 11  citroen xsara wrc 

subaru 22B wrc 

season 4

week 1 clio S1600 rally 

fiat punto S1600 rally 

week 3 france tarmac rally 

week 5  volvo 240 rally ( H3 rwD for nordik driver 😉 )

lada VFTS rally ( H3 russian driver no drink vodka before drive this car  😂 )

week 7 R8 gordini ( h1 rwd )

fiat 126 ( h1 rwd )

week 9 fiat 124  spider  rgt 

lotus exige rgt

other possibilitiy 

nissan pulsar GTi -R group A 

mazda 323 group A

opel astra  mk2 gte h2 fwd

mercedes 450 slc  h2 rwd

bmw 2002 h2 rwd  

renault 11 turbo h2 fwd 

suzuki swift s1600 

and ability to drive  with WRX in rally tracks in want see 600 hp rally modern 4wd in rallytracks

Edited by gk9147
  • Like 2

To be honest, in an eventual post-S4 content, any new rally would be awesome... Twisty tarmac is one of the first things that come to mind, so something like Corsica or Ireland. Then I'd actually like Codies to add new stages to the already existing locations, because roads do tend to get quite old overtime. A third long stage would go a long way into allowing to make long interesting events with different bits of road

• Agree 5

I think... let's just assume there is no additional content coming after season 4. 

and if we're wrong, then awesome.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

41 minutes ago, ianism said:

I think... let's just assume there is no additional content coming after season 4. 

A game with 12 rally locations and (finally) a Peugeot 206 is already pretty awesome if you ask me. Anything more would be incredible, and great, but pretty improbable if you ask me

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

You guys just aren't in the spirit of the gossip thread. 

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, chukonu said:

You guys just aren't in the spirit of the gossip thread. 

I have been disappointed by my own theorizing on what might come to the game: imagining scenarios makes my expectations go up, and it's disappointing when they're not met. 

this is ridiculous: it's my own imagination that's made me disappointed in a product that I am just the consumer of. this is why DR 1 was so well-loved. there were no expectations. because of this, DR2 had a lot to live up to, and that combined with the bugs and stuff have hurt it, even though it's clearly the superior game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The physics of this D.Rally 2.0, are far superior to the previous DR. I was with the Ford of Mcrae, RWD, 300 cv... Ohhhh, great vehicle.

16 hours ago, ianism said:

I want just one more:

Season 5 - '97 Impreza WRC. 

I am not too proud to admit I would pay a full season price for that car! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 4

38 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I want just one more:

Season 5 - '97 Impreza WRC. 

I am not too proud to admit I would pay a full season price for that car! 

I genuinely can't see the issue in this. That car looks too good not to throw money at her...

1996-subaru-impreza-wrc-97.jpg

That being said, there's one big issue with this one. The car is officially named Subaru Impreza WRC97. They can't use WRC. They could use the Prodrive codename and call it S3. They could call it Impreza WRX'97. OR, they could call it.....(dare I say it).... 22b? 😅

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Part of me is still hoping for an extra Subaru besides 22b. This one:

And of course you can't bring this Subaru without bringing the Xsara Resultado de imagem para troll meme

It's a shame we don't have that iconic championship finisher stage as well ^^

it would be weird with all the Petter Solberg inclusion and influence in the game, as well as Phil Mills, not having the car they were champions with.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4