DiRTy Gossip

hi guys, I came across a strange bug ... I was watching the replay of a run in Germany with the 205 t16 e2, when I realized that the left rear tire is thinner than the right one?!?! and the front left one is thicker instead O.O don't tell me that they swapped the front one with the rear XD someone can confirm as soon as it has time? Thanks :3

• Like 1

Could it be a spare? Like did you change tyres during the stage or puncture before the end of the previous stage?

Posted (edited)

Nope,and i’m On time trial...so it’s the base tire model for sure.

also I find another bug lol...when you watch the car from behind the big giant black engine filter behind the driver it’s here,but if you watch it from the front it disappears...

Edited by AlexSpartan316

You can see the left tire is actually not even fully fitting the rim. Could spot, hopefully this gets fixed!

6 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Idk if you can see it...I hope.

BC753756-0BFA-477C-9167-7C68033AECC5.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Dee said:

You can see the left tire is actually not even fully fitting the rim. Could spot, hopefully this gets fixed!

Yeah I just notice that...like it’s incomplete

Posted (edited)

Good spot, and I can confirm it's not on the rim here either.

Vote it up here ^

Edited by chukonu
  • Like 3

It seems apparent to me that the fans want literally every Subaru from the Legacy onwards that's ever competed in top-level rallying in the game...

Group A - Legacy

Group A - Impreza 95 (already in game)

World Rally Car (2000cc 4WD) - Impreza 97

2000cc 4WD - Impreza 01 (season 3)

2000cc 4WD - Impreza 03

2000cc 4WD - Impreza 06

2000cc 4WD - Impreza 08 (season 1)

Not that I'd mind that happening... 😜

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

hi guys, I came across a strange bug ... I was watching the replay of a run in Germany with the 205 t16 e2, when I realized that the left rear tire is thinner than the right one?!?! and the front left one is thicker instead O.O don't tell me that they swapped the front one with the rear XD someone can confirm as soon as it has time? Thanks :3

Fixed in 1.8

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, carpa said:

I genuinely can't see the issue in this. That car looks too good not to throw money at her...

1996-subaru-impreza-wrc-97.jpg

That being said, there's one big issue with this one. The car is officially named Subaru Impreza WRC97. They can't use WRC. They could use the Prodrive codename and call it S3. They could call it Impreza WRX'97. OR, they could call it.....(dare I say it).... 22b? 😅

They have used the date for the other two WRCars, so hopefully they will just go with "Subaru Impreza 1997"...

...calling it a 22B is the only way they'll lose my purchase! 😄

Getting the Championship winning '03 car would be seriously cool as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Getting the Championship winning '03 car would be seriously cool as well. 

ya, but the hawkeye is nicer. that said, having 3-4 imprezas in a class of ~9-11 cars is just ridiculous

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, ianism said:

having 3-4 imprezas in a class of ~9-11 cars is just ridiculous

Just one more reason we need the ability to make multi-class, whitelist only, clubs/events.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Just one more reason we need the ability to make multi-class, whitelist only, clubs/events.

and/or straight up just get more cars from this era into the game

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, ianism said:

ya, but the hawkeye is nicer. that said, having 3-4 imprezas in a class of ~9-11 cars is just ridiculously good

I'm sure that's what you actually meant, right?😏

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ianism said:

ya, but the hawkeye is nicer. that said, having 3-4 imprezas in a class of ~9-11 cars is just ridiculous

That is true, only problem is the ones we currently have are not the most popular 😂😩

let’s face it, the 97-2000 and 2003/4/5 versions are probs the most popular, yet we have the 2001 and 2008 lol

Obvs the 1995 is pretty iconic too so at least we have that

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ianism said:

Can't see the problem myself... 😄

...I think if we got to that point they would have to split the group. 

Posted (edited)

Seeing as Codies like to sort out anything post-1990 into their respective regulation groups, if we were to split the 2000cc class I'd say a reasonable point to split it would be pre-2006 (Fabia, Focus '01, Impreza '01, 206) and post-2005 (C4, Focus '07, Impreza '08). This is because the World Rally Car regulations were adjusted from 2006 onwards - front and rear differentials became mechanical, active suspension & water injection were banned and certain parts had to last longer.

On another note, AFAIK only the Xsara (Petter drove one in 2009 - nudge nudge, wink wink!) was homologated to both rule set variants: homologated pre-2006 of course but it was also adjusted to the 2006 ruleset so that Kronos could score points in the proper Manufacturers Championship

Edited by Malling
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Malling said:

Seeing as Codies like to sort out anything post-1990 into heir respective regulation groups, I'd say a reasonable point to split the 2000cc class would be pre-2006 (Fabia, Focus '01, Impreza '01, 206) and post-2005 (C4, Focus '07, Impreza '08). This is because the World Rally Car regulations were adjusted from 2006 onwards - front and rear differentials became mechanical, active suspension & water injection were banned and certain parts had to last longer.

That sounds like a pretty good idea tbf 

I think, splitting the 2000cc 4WD-class is a very good idea.

But VERY unlikely.

I'm pretty sure, that would cause a lot of work with leaderboards (splitting the times into different leaderboards) and probably AI.

But if I could choose, I would split them like above mentioned: 2005/2006-split. The C4 Rally is just too powerful. Only the Focus RS '07 can hold up with it.

Whitelisting cars in clubs would do the same and is probably less work overall.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I want just one more:

Season 5 - '97 Impreza WRC. 

I am not too proud to admit I would pay a full season price for that car! 

Same. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I'd love to see the s12b ,the noise is unreal and one of the best looking in my opinion 

• Agree 1

Stop posting pictures of the WRC97 subaru!  Its embarrassing to stand after looking at them.  

• Haha 7

RE: "Codies sent sound team all the way to USA to record Lancia Delta S4"

99% sure its this one.

John Campion, is a great guy to talk to. Had a conversation with him a while back, he is just like any of us, loves rally, just so happens to be able to afford these cars.  Hope he recovers fully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0g6-x3eWow&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3QyYQgPzfJ_Q5ebIKxfLANunyH72-EaPd6zBotMXGkzubk5z_We2Fufs8Really nice guy to talk to

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gfRally said:

Shared that video on DiRT Twitter earlier, its a good watch 🙂 

Might drop it in the Roadbook this week.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Malling said:

Seeing as Codies like to sort out anything post-1990 into their respective regulation groups, if we were to split the 2000cc class I'd say a reasonable point to split it would be pre-2006 (Fabia, Focus '01, Impreza '01, 206) and post-2005 (C4, Focus '07, Impreza '08). This is because the World Rally Car regulations were adjusted from 2006 onwards - front and rear differentials became mechanical, active suspension & water injection were banned and certain parts had to last longer.

The Fabia in DR2.0 is able to compete with the current line-up of cars in its class. It's even better than the Impreza S14. That is to say I'm able to compete with the Fabia for the top spots in highly competitive clubs and online events. The Focus and C4 depending on the surface is about 2 seconds quicker on long stages. The Impreza unfortunately is at least 1 seconds slower than the Fabia. I doubt that the '01 cars will be able to match the times of the newer cars. So that's where it becomes difficult as putting the Fabia in the same class as the '01 cars would be unfair.

Then again, if the Fabia '05 can compete with the newer '07 / '08 cars, it must have been tweaked just so that the car is at least somewhat competitive in its class. Maybe it'll be the same for the '01 cars.

23 hours ago, Malling said:

On another note, AFAIK only the Xsara (Petter drove one in 2009 - nudge nudge, wink wink!) was homologated to both rule set variants: homologated pre-2006 of course but it was also adjusted to the 2006 ruleset so that Kronos could score points in the proper Manufacturers Championship

True.