Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I doubt that the '01 cars will be able to match the times of the newer cars.

I will have to disagree with you on this one. I've been using the unlock glitch on the 01 Focus for the last couple weeks now and the car is an absolute monster. I easily pick it before the 07 every single time and the car screams around the stages. I am not an AM/Pro driver or anything but I hold my fair share of WR's and feel confident in saying I could easily pace my 07 WRs with the 01. Now is it faster/quicker? I don't know for sure, honestly I'm too lazy to test it with the tools I have. Maybe the 07 with the right tune is a bit faster, but I don't see the 01 acting like the Subi does in the class - being the outcast that no one likes to drive cuz it is so slow. The 01 is an absolute champ and I will be racing it in the majority of my online events/lobbies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Then again, if the Fabia '05 can compete with the newer '07 / '08 cars, it must have been tweaked just so that the car is at least somewhat competitive in its class. Maybe it'll be the same for the '01 cars.

this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where was it in 2001 where the Focus' gear stick came off in Francois Delecour's hand? Could be an unexpected moment in DR2! 😅🤦‍♂️

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

I will have to disagree with you on this one. I've been using the unlock glitch on the 01 Focus for the last couple weeks now and the car is an absolute monster. I easily pick it before the 07 every single time and the car screams around the stages. I am not an AM/Pro driver or anything but I hold my fair share of WR's and feel confident in saying I could easily pace my 07 WRs with the 01. Now is it faster/quicker? I don't know for sure, honestly I'm too lazy to test it with the tools I have. Maybe the 07 with the right tune is a bit faster, but I don't see the 01 acting like the Subi does in the class - being the outcast that no one likes to drive cuz it is so slow. The 01 is an absolute champ and I will be racing it in the majority of my online events/lobbies.

As I mentioned a further down my post, the '01 cars will most likely be tweaked in order to compete with the '07 cars. In reality however, the '07 cars are quite a lot quicker as you would expect.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

As I mentioned a further down my post, the '01 cars will most likely be tweaked in order to compete with the '07 cars. In reality however, the '07 cars are quite a lot quicker as you would expect.

Well I hope that doesnt happen, because then the 2001 cars would be losing their main characteristics, which is unrealistic and lame.

If that's to happen, then i'd rather have them create a new class where the cars can stay true to their real form. Noone in here cares if these cars stay in the 2000cc group or in a 2001 named class. As a matter of fact, the majority that have spoken do wish that a new specific class gets created so that these 2001 cars and the Evo VI can be in it.

These cars are simply way too good, too iconic and too historic, to be mutated like this.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is: is the natural difference in development over 6 years offset by the banning of active suspension, active front & rear diffs, water injection and the requirement for parts to last longer between changes enforced in 2006 - would the car with less development but looser regs be about the same pace as a more developed car with tighter regs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malling said:

My question is: is the natural difference in development over 6 years offset by the banning of active suspension, active front & rear diffs, water injection and the requirement for parts to last longer between changes enforced in 2006 - would the car with less development but looser regs be about the same pace as a more developed car with tighter regs?

All I know is, it didn't take too long for Gr.A cars to beat the stage times the way more loosely regulated Gr.B cars had set three to four years before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, Chewy21398 said:

I'd love to see the s12b ,the noise is unreal and one of the best looking in my opinion 

Yeah. It still surprises me that CM went for the S14 over the S12b. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

90 € Deluxe version edition DR 2.0, now I have to pay on playstation store another 25 € for deluxe package which includes season 3-4? you are crazy. shame on you. I hope it's a joke, one problem in playstation store. No buy for other contents rally recycled.

Edited by ale81udine
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

90 € Deluxe version editon DR 2.0, now I have to pay on playstation store another 25 € for deluxe package which includes season 3-4? you are crazy. shame on you. I hope it's a joke, one problem in playstation store. No buy for other contents rally recycled.

Didn't you know up front Deluxe edition included Season 1 & 2 and not any after? It's said it on the store page since the beginning, season 3 & 4 weren't even announced yet until a month ago.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Didn't you know up front Deluxe edition included Season 1 & 2 and not any after? It's said it on the store page since the beginning, season 3 & 4 weren't even announced yet until a month ago.

No, I didn't imagine it. it's a shame to pay over 100 euros to get 70% content all recycled. very bad politics codemasters respect much more famous games that with 90 euros deluxe you have additional contents for 2 years to follow.luckily there is RBR, for fun without pretensions I prefer to spend on WRC8, but I don't pay for recycled stuff (a lot from Dirt Rally 1) .. better to uninstall.the reality is only one: this simcade is not worth all this money, due to recycled material. it's a sacrosanct criticism, I'm sorry.
Edited by ale81udine
  • Haha 5
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi, so

29 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

No, I didn't imagine it. it's a shame to pay over 100 euros to get 70% content all recycled. very bad politics codemasters respect much more famous games that with 90 euros deluxe you have additional contents for 2 years to follow.luckily there is RBR, for fun without pretensions I prefer to spend on WRC8, but I don't pay for recycled stuff (a lot from Dirt Rally 1) .. better to uninstall.the reality is only one: this simcade is not worth all this money, due to recycled material. it's a sacrosanct criticism, I'm sorry.

Hi, so long time, dear friend we missed you. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by elrojodp8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW: John Campion has his own youtube channel if anyone wants to see more of his rally stuff.  The man is really embedded himself in rally.  

 

 

@F2CMaDMaXX I believe he has had it for a little over a year now, if that gives you any kind of a clue.  If you want to know more, I would contact him on twitter.  He is quite active on there, and very responsive.   

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ale81udine said:

90 € Deluxe version edition DR 2.0, now I have to pay on playstation store another 25 € for deluxe package which includes season 3-4? you are crazy. shame on you. I hope it's a joke, one problem in playstation store. No buy for other contents rally recycled.

Lol, I paid I think 65 euro for my PS4 Deluxe Version as a pre-order. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys...seriously...the Impreza wrc 2008 need a buff....6/+seconds slower compared to the c4 it’s a bit too much...anyone agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Ok guys...seriously...the Impreza wrc 2008 need a buff....6/+seconds slower compared to the c4 it’s a bit too much...anyone agree?

It wasnt really competitive with the C4/Ford during it's WRC campaign either though.

It's sad as the top daily challenges will always be filled with the fastest cars. I wish we could have some car specific dailies as we had in DR1. This would force people to drive cars they never normally touch.

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bogani said:

It wasnt really competitive with the C4/Ford during it's WRC campaign either though.

It's sad as the top daily challenges will always be filled with the fastest cars. I wish we could have some car specific dailies as we had in DR1. This would force people to drive cars they never normally touch.

Ok it wasn’t very competitive,but in a 6/- min stage it’s not very realistic lost 6/8 sec compared to a same spec car,even the op c4. And i have compared the cars in Oberstein,a tarmac stage...Anyway Atkinson sometimes did really good top 5 spot with it...(I know my English it’s very bad...i’m Sorry)

Edited by AlexSpartan316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bogani said:

It wasnt really competitive with the C4/Ford during it's WRC campaign either though.

It's sad as the top daily challenges will always be filled with the fastest cars. I wish we could have some car specific dailies as we had in DR1. This would force people to drive cars they never normally touch.

I'd also enjoy dailies that you don't need to own the car in My Team for - like the dailies in DR1 - and where everyone has maximum upgrades and a fixed setup to level the playing field further.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coding Racer Super Deluxe said:

Any news about seasons 5 to 8?

What? Don't you mean WRC9? Surely that is Codies next project isn't it? 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bogani said:

What? Don't you mean WRC9? Surely that is Codies next project isn't it? 

You are right, that's why this version of the game has so many DLCs. They are gathering money so WRC 9 is a Codemasters game. Licensing is very expensive (tm).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Coding Racer Super Deluxe said:

Any news about seasons 5 to 8?

of course not. we'll find out in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got Wreckfest today. So when I get home I will put in that first, so it can install. And during the install I can do some DR2.0 including trying the two added cars 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×