DiRTy Gossip

8 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

1.8 date release? Anyone?

Aren't patches usually the week after car releases and before location releases?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Not sure when it will be, maybe @PJTierney can give you an answer.

1.7 included DirtFish, Estering and the 2001 Impreza and Focus. Not sure if Greece is already in this build. If so, than expect an update about a week after Greece has been released. If Greece is not in the build, than the update will be before September 10th.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

It was in the latest Roadbook, looking at September 3.

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, gfRally said:

All that effort and expense to own a WRCar and he ended up with a bugeye. Unlucky. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Three Kit Cars is a weird number right?
There was a rumor about a Nissan Kit Car

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

All that effort and expense to own a WRCar and he ended up with a bugeye. Unlucky. :classic_biggrin:

Im just sad the car will never see gravel.  I understand somewhat.  Thank goodness I can wrap my fun and $$ around a tree anytime I want in DR 😆, and feel good in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, gfRally said:

Im just sad the car will never see gravel.  I understand somewhat.  Thank goodness I can wrap my fun and $$ around a tree anytime I want in DR 😆, and feel good in the morning.

Hopefully it will at least see use on tarmac again. I can understand why they want to keep restored rally cars off gravel, but not using them at all is criminal! 

23 hours ago, ebarbs27 said:

It's a little bit high pitched in game but I'm 99% sure an s7 was recorded prior to Dirt 4 being released

Select the second livery in game, then you'll have a pretty good idea on what car the sound was recorded from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'm at work at the moment and I was having this issue so I will check when I get home in 3 hours. Fingers crossed... 🤞

With Season 3 we soon have 12 rallies
But the big question is what do we have from it ?? !!
There are 6 rallies in the championship and in the online events only the ones you do not have to buy

3 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

the online events only the ones you do not have to buy

😕 I definitely have been doing daily events in Wales + Monte recently, and I know I just took the top spot in the Sweden Daily Group B [RWD] the other day. So the new stages and cars are definitely in the community events.

I will totally agree the 6 event limitation from My Team is nonsensical. I understand most people probably don't want a 12 stage - 12 event championship, but at least give us the option for Custom Championship in My Team where we can choose to do that!!! (And make sure it lets us do 2 stage - 2 event one-offs too when we don't have a ton of time)

• Agree 4

Out of 14 online events there are only 2 DLC Rallys!
And with the other monthly is I'm 100% sure not a new rally with it

20 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Out of 14 online events there are only 2 DLC Rallys!

Well you don't want all of the community events to be DLC only or a lot of people couldn't play. Besides you need to look at more than the rally stages - how many are DLC content? Be it new car class or new rally stages - normally we have 4+ challenges that use DLC content.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

Well you don't want all of the community events to be DLC only or a lot of people couldn't play. Besides you need to look at more than the rally stages - how many are DLC content? Be it new car class or new rally stages - normally we have 4+ challenges that use DLC content.

I think, all bonus and D+ events should be DLC-related.

DLC-stage, DLC-class or both combined.

There are enough "normal" events for base game content.

• Agree 5

I swear I've seen this exact same discussion somewhere before....

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Malling said:

I swear I've seen this exact same discussion somewhere before....

ya I've also been whining about it since April...

at the time, the only community events we had with DLC were just one or two Bonus Daily ones. now, we also have a Weekly and a Monthly. not bad.

also at the time, you could only do those events in DLC locations. now for example we can use the <2000cc class in Argentina and stuff, which is pretty good.

so things have improved, but there's still room for more in my opinion.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

If you have bought the Dlc In the offline modes the Historic Rally Championships need the dlc locations added just like the World Rallycross Championship where Latvia and Estering are now included.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

The interior downgrade on the Impreza 2001 is absolutely hilarious. Peak comedy material right there and I didn't even have to pay to get a chuckle out of it. Did you guys let the intern scribble up a design for the gear and rpm indicator and accidentally shipped it? Also nice plastic vents, straight out of the bargain bin GM trim catalog.

How do you even end up with LESS details in a sequel. Copy AND paste button broke too?

jesus christ codie.png

how fucking hard can it be.jpg

Edited by Huppensuhn
  • Disagree 6

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Huppensuhn said:

(Some raving and ranting about interiors, with comparison attached)

jesus christ codie.png

I don't know which year's car this is from, but it would appear that Codies have remodelled the interior based on an actual car, instead of just putting in what looks pretty 🤔

4c6cc8ef1623b1547a7ac1465affeead.jpg

Edit: found another image of the same interior, with caption stating that it's from the 2001 model.

Edited by Malling
  • Like 6
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Malling said:

I don't know which year's car this is from, but it would appear that Codies have remodelled the interior based on an actual car, instead of just putting in what looks pretty 🤔

4c6cc8ef1623b1547a7ac1465affeead.jpg

Spot on @Malling. Onboard from 2001 in an Impreza S7 WRC: 

Complete with intern designed display and bargain bin GM vent @Huppensuhn😉

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, tbtstt said:

Complete with intern designed display and bargain bin GM vent. 😉

So the moral of the story is - do some research before slagging off the devs, otherwise you might just find yourself being a bit wrong! 😜

• Agree 8

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Complete with intern designed display and bargain bin GM vent. 😉

Indeed. Someone didn't do their homework properly. 

There are some cars with worse interiors though. The Fiat 131 looks really bad compared to the one in DR1 quality wise. 

Just now, Malling said:

So the moral of the story is - do some research before slagging off the devs, otherwise you might just find yourself being a bit wrong! 😜

It is not always instant, but CM do seem to address a lot of the little technical inaccuracies that players pick out, so these details are always worth mentioning. But yeah, definitely worth doing a bit of research before you call CM out! 

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Huppensuhn said:

The interior downgrade on the Impreza 2001 is absolutely hilarious. Peak comedy material right there and I didn't even have to pay to get a chuckle out of it. Did you guys let the intern scribble up a design for the gear and rpm indicator and accidentally shipped it? Also nice plastic vents, straight out of the bargain bin GM trim catalog.

How do you even end up with LESS details in a sequel. Copy AND paste button broke too?

jesus christ codie.png

The interior of DR was place holder, it was confirmed at that time, that  it was from Impreza s4 from 1998

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1