Server Maintenance Notice - October 14 to October 17 Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

3 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

The interior of DR was place holder, it was confirmed at that time, that  it was from Impreza s4 from 1998

Gives them a good starting point for the car that they recorded earlier in the year...

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Well...there is nothing wrong with expressing one's opinion, but before doing so one must be well informed before disputing and disrespecting the work of the devs. I have my self found several defects in the game, but we must try to work together to improve it ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Well...there is nothing wrong with expressing one's opinion, but before doing so one must be well informed before disputing and disrespecting the work of the devs. I have my self found several defects in the game, but we must try to work together to improve it ...

Absolutely. It's definitely worth pointing out inaccuracies as they do seem to get picked up on. 

• Agree 4

19 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

As long as you do it in a constructive manner you should absolutely critique the flaws/inaccuracies. If you come along with a mockful post about the interior being downgraded when they actually just modeled the correct one this time, you should be prepared to get some jabs back. 

• Haha 3
  • Agree 6

The interior texture resolution seems to have been taken down a few notches in DR2.  Back in DR1 Paul Bragged about the artists even reproducing fingerprints on the dash, this time they are almost a little blurry.  Not a game braker, mostly notice them in screen shots.  

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Huppensuhn said:

The interior downgrade on the Impreza 2001 is absolutely hilarious. Peak comedy material right there and I didn't even have to pay to get a chuckle out of it. Did you guys let the intern scribble up a design for the gear and rpm indicator and accidentally shipped it? Also nice plastic vents, straight out of the bargain bin GM trim catalog.

How do you even end up with LESS details in a sequel. Copy AND paste button broke too?

jesus christ codie.png

how fucking hard can it be.jpg

Tommy, we need your help again!

iu.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, gfRally said:

The interior texture resolution seems to have been taken down a few notches in DR2.  Back in DR1 Paul Bragged about the artists even reproducing fingerprints on the dash, this time they are almost a little blurry.  Not a game braker, mostly notice them in screen shots.  

Textures overall seems to have taken a hit compared to DR. Road textures are also pretty bland in many cases. I guess it's a multi platform thing?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, gfRally said:

It's what's on the outside that matters... 😛

7 hours ago, gfRally said:

DR1 seemed to do the alcantara dash better.

4 hours ago, bogani said:

Textures overall seems to have taken a hit compared to DR. Road textures are also pretty bland in many cases. I guess it's a multi platform thing?

Textures as a whole are better...

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Do anyone have a explanation of the sudden surge of active DR1 playes? Looks really strange. 

A protest against WRC8 EPIC store exclusive maybee 😉

wtf.png

Edited by mirk1983

2 minutes ago, mirk1983 said:

Do anyone have a explanation of the sudden surge of active DR1 playes? Looks really strange. 

A protest against WRC8 EPIC store exclusive maybee ;) 

wtf.png

its free now in Humble 😄 easy

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, JanBradáč said:

its free now in Humble 😄 easy

Thats explains it!

Thanks!

Edited by mirk1983
  • Like 1

People couldn't wait for Greece 😉

(Seriously though, it's the Humble freebie 🙂)

• Haha 10

sooo what could be the secret in 1.8? Im calling it the got Paul to read notes as an option 😋

• Like 1

Speaking of the 2001 Subaru interior, what's up with these always overbright bits in the dash?

h9mVNtI.png

It's real distracting, looks so unnatural in action.

6 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

#gossip http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/08/the-dirt-roadbook-august-30-2019/

image.thumb.png.84245299d71d4c515530b1facd3e9000.png

What, I can't wait for the suprises

Gerelateerde afbeelding

It is interesting that the URL is not correct
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/178-dirty-gossip-thread/?page=1463

We still not on that many pages. We are now on page 1459 🕵️‍♂️

If it behaves like the old forums, page count differs for admins since deleted posts are included for them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

People couldn't wait for Greece 😉

(Seriously though, it's the Humble freebie 🙂)

This is also serves as some good marketing for DR2.0. Let's say DR1 freebie will serve as a test for those who wanted to try it but not hard enough to purchase it. If they like it good enough, they might come to 2.0, so overall it's good.

As for the 1.8 surprise, of course it has to be the 2001 Xsara :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Riggs

24 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

#gossip http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/08/the-dirt-roadbook-august-30-2019/

image.thumb.png.84245299d71d4c515530b1facd3e9000.png

What, I can't wait for the suprises

Gerelateerde afbeelding

It is interesting that the URL is not correct
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/178-dirty-gossip-thread/?page=1463

We still not on that many pages. We are now on page 1459 🕵️‍♂️

What I find interesting is why "that" isn't written in bold like the other words. I remember a long time ago Paul and some other forum members sometimes talked about "that" car, did it ever make it into Dirt Rally? Can't remember anymore.

I just wondering if the suprise is something we have mentioned though, but we not expected it to come now?

I almost can't imagine it, that it will be something we never mentioned in the forums. 

1 minute ago, sqdstr said:

What I find interesting is why "that" isn't written in bold like the other words. I remember a long time ago Paul and some other forum members sometimes talked about "that" car, did it ever make it into Dirt Rally? Can't remember anymore.

Was "That" not referring to a Toyota?

Also there is the trophy "Fire up THAT car again". Maybe a Group B RX Quattro?

I wouldn't read too much into it. Sometimes you underline to emphasize, sometimes you write in bold or just use italic. ^^

• Like 1
  • Agree 1