DiRTy Gossip

Since we have loads of "old stuff" I would bet in a game mode. Head to Head

😁

Posted (edited)

Head to Head would be great but it has been mentioned by me and a few others, as well as it would require Super Special stages to be modeled and implemented. Unfortunately i dont think that's it, but it would be epic to have that.

They do have the Super Special stages from DiRT3 which they can use though.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

A Volvo 240 would be so epic! But much higher on the epic scale would be the return of Pro Tour. 🤞

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

No.

No we don’t have mention it,or no you can’t say if we have mention it? 🧐

• Haha 3

Dash cam? Not sure if it qualifies tho as it's been talked about b4. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

@PJTierney has anyone guessed correctly yet? You can tell us that without giving it away right? :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

No.

It depends ofcourse on what question @PJTierney has answered. 

But I guess it is that no one guessed it.

Another question is, if no one has mentioned/requested/suggested it, will it actually be something the community/gamers want?
As I said before, it can be something small like a livery till a complete new game mode. 

EDIT: Possible things I have in my mind what could be are Autocross (also have Supercars f.e. in that), Cross-Country and Folkrace. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 1

How the hell can it be so hard to bring a dashcam here? It was Dirt Rally 1, so there should be no excuses.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Or maybe 😮

F66F4D7D-4762-4C0D-9DAB-7FCE8A539E02.jpeg

You and I have the same taste in rally cars, this one I would like to see ALMOST as much as the new Solberg Subaru.

BTW: Wasn't trying to come across with an attitude, re-reading it, it sounded that way.  My apologies.  

When it comes to North American Rally, I am a little outspoken at times, since so many here think NA Rally doesn't exist or shouldn't be taken serious.  Just trying to stick up for my home efforts 🙂 

Edited by gfRally
spelling
  • Like 3

I'd be happy with something basic like allowing all cars and classes to be drivable on all RX tracks and Rally stages in the custom modes. It's still not totally custom when there are arbitrary restrictions. 

Someone made a mod for this for Dirt Rally (ACAT), and it was really cool. More versatility there since it opened up Pikes Peak to all cars as well. It was sort of buggy, but something Codemasters themselves could sort out if they wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@gfRally no problem mate 🙂 

indeed I really love that car too,and it was driven by Gigi Galli..so as Italian I have love memories for that Mitsubishi even more.

and also I like too watch USA rally , the Subaru rally team has developed an amazing car...love that 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

@gfRally no problem mate 🙂 

indeed I really love that car too,and it was driven by Gigi Galli..so as Italian I have love memories for that Mitsubishi even more.

and also I like too watch USA rally , the Subaru rally team has developed an amazing car...love that 

a MML Sports - former works car, was "sorta" raced here in 2013, though it had a total off and the car was pretty much scrapped.

9caa2793658f3cc387f216157300b1ce_XL.jpg

Edited by gfRally
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pyide said:

I'd be happy with something basic like allowing all cars and classes to be drivable on all RX tracks and Rally stages in the custom modes. It's still not totally custom when there are arbitrary restrictions. 

Someone made a mod for this for Dirt Rally (ACAT), and it was really cool. More versatility there since it opened up Pikes Peak to all cars as well. It was sort of buggy, but something Codemasters themselves could sort out if they wanted to.

that's be interesting, though I think it'll never happen

it was in Dirt 3 too. had tooons of fun driving online rally and trailblazer tracks in the gymkhana cars.....

2 hours ago, pyide said:

I don’t think it’ll happen either, because I suspect the licensing difficulties would be insurmountable.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Hint: It’s not a feature.

Haha, but than still need to know what is your or Codies definition of a feature, because almost everything you could see in a game could have the tag "feature". 

12 minutes ago, Steverex said:

Weather conditions? 

Bug fix? 

Sound upgraded? 

Weather conditions are imo a feature, event though I think people already wanted/mentioned the return of changeable weather conditions that was in DiRT 4.

Bug fix is not something you would tease in this way. "We have a suprise, we fixed this bug" 😄

Sound upgrade would be possible, but I don't think they would kept it as a suprise. F.e. they also did an updated sound for one of the Lancia, and the just said it. 

Edited by JorritVD

21 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Hint: It’s not a feature.

Question :

Honestly, do you think it's going to make us happy...? :3

2 minutes ago, Coding Racer Super Deluxe said:

Clearly the game will be subscription based. £150 per year or £14.99 per month. Year 2 confirmed.

Quoting myself here. Is this meaning Codemasters will be developing 2 rally games at the same time? WRC2020 and Dirt Rally 2.020? Potencially 3 if Dirt 5 makes it in 2020?

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Haha, but than still need to know what is your or Codies definition of a feature, because almost everything you could see in a game could have the tag "feature". 

The way I see it, content are the objects, and features are things that allow you to do things with the content 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Coding Racer Super Deluxe said:

Quoting myself here. Is this meaning Codemasters will be developing 2 rally games at the same time? WRC2020 and Dirt Rally 2.020? Potencially 3 if Dirt 5 makes it in 2020?

£20.20 per month. 😛 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, PJTierney said:

£20.20 per month.

That's more than £240 per year!! This will create the same problem we currently have, price will be too high. It should be possible to by 1 month and 3, 6 or 12 months. And from time to time special offers. Please Codemasters change that!

• Haha 5

Just now, Coding Racer Super Deluxe said:

That's more than £240 per year!! This will create the same problem we currently have, price will be too high. It should be possible to by 1 month and 3, 6 or 12 months. And from time to time special offers. Please Codemasters change that!

It was a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

just saw the roadbook from yesterday... not a clue. and I can smell Christina and PJ's gloating about it from here

I really wish it was more times of day and weather conditions though 😞

and ya there won't be any more Dirt games until 2021, chill!

Edited by ianism