DiRTy Gossip

38 minutes ago, Keko55 said:

Better with asphalt tires:

This are the street wheels. The racing version has different wheels. I expect the BMW will get different wheels for the tarmac rallies as both the Mustang and Camaro have different wheels for gravel (loose surfaces) and tarmac. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 2

I have a feeling that M2 will be a bit OP ^^  Can't wait to wrap it around some trees! That dashboard cam announcement, though! 🎉🍾🎉🍾

• Like 1

How to get a BMW M2? How many stages do you need to go through? One? Everything? Can I just rally or cross too?

1 minute ago, Ha3aP said:

How to get a BMW M2? How many stages do you need to go through? One? Everything? Can I just rally or cross too?

You just need to set one time. So a single stage/Rallycross race. But that is for getting it in career mode

For all other modes you don't need to do anything

• Agree 2

it was better to ask FCA for permission to have the Fiat Abarth 124 RGT and not cars like BMW M2 that have nothing to do with rallies.
Edited by ale81udine
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

The more the merrier - especially if it's free! 👍

Codies are clearly on good enough terms with BMW to include more cars in the game than BMW ever actually rallied, and that surely must be a good thing (P.S. do you think you could sneak a Mini Countryman RRC into the R5 class too, Codies? 😉)

That said, if we had the 124 - an actual RGT car - as well, that would be excellent 😁

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Malling said:

The more the merrier - especially if it's free! 👍

Codies are clearly on good enough terms with BMW to include more cars in the game than BMW ever actually rallied, and that surely must be a good thing (P.S. do you think you could sneak a Mini Countryman RRC into the R5 class too, Codies? 😉)

That said, if we had the 124 - an actual RGT car - as well, that would be excellent 😁

I'm a purist of the rally. call the DiRT Motosport series and less deceptive. DiRT Rally should be a pure rally brand.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Quick Google search reveals that, as it happens, the M2 has been rallied in Australia.

Alan-Roe.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Malling said:

Quick Google search reveals that, as it happens, the M2 has been rallied in Australia.

Alan-Roe.jpg

Look at that beauty...can’t wait!

i hope it have full race spec interiors like the Porsche r-gt 

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 1

I was hoping for a BMW RGT car for a while and can't believe that's actually happening - can't wait to see and drive it (although I'm not a fan of the free repairs). These things are super popular in Belgian rallying and sound superb. Thanks!

At the risk of viewing the gift horse's tonsils, I don't suppose there are any other liveries (with your name/number on the car) than the pretty dull one shown?

Zero interest in 'esports', but looking forward to the car.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Dammit, I thought I may catch you out PJ, but you're right...

I thought I'd mentioned wanting a BMW RGT class car before (my favourite class in the game, so I was disappointed there were no DLC additions), but seems I was too specific! For the record, I'm just as happy with this one...

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 21.21.33.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 21.21.50.png

In my opinion the R-GT class is one of the most fun in the game even though it features cars that are hard to link with rally sport. Can't wait to take this M2 for a spin!

• Agree 4

It is a troublesome sound bug, but it can be recovered without rebooting.

1.You have  two playback devices, switch to another device and select the device you want to use again.
2. You have only one, disable it once and enable it again.

How about your environment?

10 hours ago, chukonu said:

In my opinion the R-GT class is one of the most fun in the game even though it features cars that are hard to link with rally sport. Can't wait to take this M2 for a spin!

Well..I guess we can look at the R GT class as a modern version of the old Group B Rwd...here in Europe BMW and Porsche are used a lot for rallying.

the Camaro and the Mustang are absolutely out of place...but they are so much fun,sliding around on gravel at crazy speed with those big ass thicc cars

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Zero interest in 'esports', but looking forward to the car.

My thoughts exactly: will be doing the first qualifier to unlock the car, then ignoring the rest of it! 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

14 hours ago, ale81udine said:

I'm a purist of the rally. call the DiRT Motosport series and less deceptive. DiRT Rally should be a pure rally brand.

I agree with you 100%. But I understand codies need as wide a car range as possible to appeal to the masses.

15 hours ago, Malling said:

Alan-Roe.jpg

<Homer drool noise>

Some free-roam roads (apart from Dirtfish, and more scenic) would be a really nice addition to this game. The handling is so good it makes me want to drive non-competitively as well as race stages, weird as that sounds.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ale81udine said:

Incorrect. You want “DiRT Stage Rally”. Rally is a generic sports word. Same as Sportscar racing is also both Endurance and Sprint racing with Prototypes and GTs. Same as circuit racing with Endurance racing and Formula 1. 

So for Rally you also have different types, including stage rallying, cross-country, rallycross. 

You probably disagree with me, but Rally is much bigger than just Rally.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

The word rally tends to be used for many forms of off-roading these days in real motorsport.

You've got stage rallies of course, but also rallycross, rally raid (Dakar), road rallies (public roads, open traffic) etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

rally is RALLY, stop lying 😎

"rally is RALLY" could mean different things;

Do you mean "rally is STAGE RALLY" or "rally is SEVERAL VARIETIES OF OFF-ROAD RACING"? 🤔