DiRTy Gossip

Regarding the many versions of Rally, look at this aggresively happy Audi:

On 8/22/2019 at 9:03 PM, PJTierney said:

The Audi's making a "heck yeah, RALLYCROSS!" face 😉 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Rally tends to be a catch-all term for off-roading these days in real motorsport.

You've got stage rallies of course, but also rallycross, rally raid (Dakar), road rallies (public roads, open traffic) etc.

Horse poop.

When people say Rally, without another qualifier (cross, raid, underwater, invisible) they mean one thing:

------------------------------------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rallying

Rally is a form of motorsport that takes place on public or private roads with modified production or specially built road-legal cars. It is distinguished by running not on a circuit, but instead in a point-to-point format in which participants and their co-drivers drive between set control points (special stages), leaving at regular intervals from one or more start points. Rallies may be won by pure speed within the stages or alternatively by driving to a predetermined ideal journey time within the stages.

---

There are two main forms: stage rallies and road rallies. Since the 1960s, stage rallies have been the professional branch of the sport. They are based on straightforward speed over stretches of road closed to other traffic. These may vary from asphalt mountain passes to rough forest tracks, from ice and snow to desert sand, each chosen to provide an enjoyable challenge for the crew and a test of the car's performance and reliability.

Road rallies are the original form, held on highways open to normal traffic, where the emphasis is not on outright speed but on accurate timekeeping and navigation and on vehicle reliability, often on difficult roads and over long distances. They are now primarily amateur events. There are several types of road rallies testing accuracy, navigation or problem solving. Some common types are: Regularity rally or a Time-Speed-Distance rally (also TSD rally, testing ability to stay on track and on time),[62] others are Monte-Carlo styles (Monte Carlo, Pan Am, Pan Carlo, Continental) rally (testing navigation and timing), and various Gimmick rally types (testing logic and observation).

Clearly when people see "Dirt Rally" as a title they think of stage rallies, to pretend otherwise is completely disingenuous.

• Agree 3

RallyInvisible? What's that, some sort of glitch where the car model's disappeared? 🤔😝

• Haha 4

Did somone got to try the M2 yet ? (in custom event)
Or do we have to wait for the 10th even in other modes than my team ?

I hope it comes with more than just one almost white skin...

Rally is Rallying in my book. Any other format is specified road rally Dakar rally etc

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, JesseDeya said:

Horse poop.

When people say Rally, without another qualifier (cross, raid, underwater, invisible) they mean one thing:

Rally is a form of motorsport that takes place on public or private roads with modified production or specially built road-legal cars. It is distinguished by running not on a circuit, but instead in a point-to-point format in which participants and their co-drivers drive between set control points (special stages), leaving at regular intervals from one or more start points. Rallies may be won by pure speed within the stages or alternatively by driving to a predetermined ideal journey time within the stages.

---

There are two main forms: stage rallies and road rallies. Since the 1960s, stage rallies have been the professional branch of the sport. They are based on straightforward speed over stretches of road closed to other traffic. These may vary from asphalt mountain passes to rough forest tracks, from ice and snow to desert sand, each chosen to provide an enjoyable challenge for the crew and a test of the car's performance and reliability.

Road rallies are the original form, held on highways open to normal traffic, where the emphasis is not on outright speed but on accurate timekeeping and navigation and on vehicle reliability, often on difficult roads and over long distances. They are now primarily amateur events. There are several types of road rallies testing accuracy, navigation or problem solving. Some common types are: Regularity rally or a Time-Speed-Distance rally (also TSD rally, testing ability to stay on track and on time),[62] others are Monte-Carlo styles (Monte Carlo, Pan Am, Pan Carlo, Continental) rally (testing navigation and timing), and various Gimmick rally types (testing logic and observation).

Clearly when people see "Dirt Rally" as a title they think of stage rallies, to pretend otherwise is completely disingenuous.

You don't need to Wikipedia the definition of Rally to me 😉

I'm fully aware of the common usage of "rally", merely pointing out that the word rally is used in many different ways. Reworded my post to be more clear.

• Like 3

You can cry all you want about it, Rallycross is part of the game and it's been there from the start. A perfect side dish in a game like this if you ask me. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

2 minutes ago, bogani said:

You can cry all you want about it, Rallycross is part of the game and it's been there from the start. A perfect side dish in a game like this if you ask me. 

And people are crying for the hillclimb to return - something which doesn't even have "rally" in the name!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, bogani said:

You can cry all you want about it, Rallycross is part of the game and it's been there from the start.

The rally fans are just in denial that rallycross is better.

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

The rally fans are just in denial that rallycross is better.

oh-right-the-baitthe-bait-for-anon-the-b

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Malling said:

oh-right-the-baitthe-bait-for-anon-the-b

Just sitting in the Gossip thread...

fishing.jpg

• Haha 9

What are your thoughts on the BMW M2? I tried it in Time Trial and at first glance it doesn't seem to be as competitive as the Aston or the Porsche. Still, it's an unexpected addition to a category I felt it would be largely ignored. I still wish we had the Abarth 124 and the new Alpine over the muscle cars.

Ok...this car it’s ******* awesome...a proper rally car.(love the race spec. Interior)it’s really stable and fast..the sound it’s eargasm.

good job Guys 🤙

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I just played through Fez.

Image result for happy fez

4 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Horse poop.

Rally is a form of motorsport that takes place on public or private roads with modified production or specially built road-legal cars.

Ah, Wikipedia, a publicly changeable source of information taken as fact at face value. CM can't handle people making bad assumptions about the title. It's not disingenuous, and to think so marks you a fool. DiRT Rally is a brand to mark it as a different type of product compared to the main DiRT series. It doesn't include Gymkhana, buggies, or trophy trucks and focuses on a more realistic presentation.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, ale81udine said:

I'm a purist of the rally. call the DiRT Motosport series and less deceptive. DiRT Rally should be a pure rally brand.

Are you kidding me? Deceptive? It literally has the WRX logo on the front cover. These "ha, gotcha" posts are getting more and more desperate as time passes... :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

the bmw is cool and ill probably thrash it into some trees a few times and not use it again.

390EA1D1-0A11-4478-AF68-064BC90EA461.thumb.jpeg.1011fbf05a3267971d8d2dbc22c1bde4.jpeg

EDIT: Quick google search brought this up, typical BMW livery, but still better than what I have seen.  - gold wheels are a nice touch.

I think the M2 could win me over with a good livery.  One that actually looks like it competed with various little sponsors decals, or something wild like bright orange and lime green crazy.    

ALSO

1 thing I wish we could have, is the option on any car is the ability to manually install the aux lights, only penalty being is you will need to pay for them being damaged and risk not having them when you need them in an night event.  They just look good on a car no matter.

Edited by gfRally
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Ah, Wikipedia, a publicly changeable source of information taken as fact at face value. 

Nothing wrong with Wikipedia in general, though, because anyone who wants to write an article has to provide sources, so outright lies or misrepresentations of actual facts can be easily spotted. It may not be perfect but e.g. if you want to know what 'photosynthesis' or a 'double wishbone suspension' is it's a pretty reliable source of information. 

Just tried the M2. Nice drive, maybe it's not OP but it has the potential to be among the better cars in its class. A nice and welcome addition, thanks Codies  👍 

9 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Who has the Herbie Beetle?  Haven't followed WRX in a couple of years now.

22 minutes ago, gfRally said:

Who has the Herbie Beetle?  Haven't followed WRX in a couple of years now.

Per Eklund owns that Beetle. And you should definitely do something about the lack of WRX in your life. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, gfRally said:

1 thing I wish we could have, is the option on any car is the ability to manually install the aux lights, only penalty being is you will need to pay for them being damaged and risk not having them when you need them in an night event.  They just look good on a car no matter.

Honestly that's more than just an aesthetic thing - it seems like the spotlamps give a bit more light, and sometimes even during the day you can have situations where the lighting isn't quite ideal. I usually have my lights constantly on ingame for that reason.

I'm a bit annoyed that I discovered the game updated itself with 9.2gb.

I assume that's for the Greece location and the extra cars that I haven't bought. I love being required to house content I can't access on my hard drive. Especially having to download it before hand.

Also why I don't like War Thunder. Every update I have to download gigabytes of planes, boats, and tanks I'll never use, not to mention the ones in higher tiers and from other countries that are locked. But at least in that I might see some of those DLC models in game. I'm never going to see Greece, despite it being the only location I actually wanted.

I'm annoyed by getting notifications that people disliked something.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Disagree 4