DiRTy Gossip

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Pontus Tidemand has been driving the "Herbie" car (with a different livery) in the European Rallycross Championship this year...

48017587508_e7387eba91_b.jpg

...the "Herbie" Beetle is a Per Eklund car, the Beetles used in the US are Andretti/VW Motorsport cars. 

I'd like to see them side by side.

23 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

I'd like to see them side by side.

I think that's unlikely to happen now. Best I can do for you: 

28629569298_582432d02d_b.jpg

48017578146_ac560ba6f7_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Malling said:

Let's put it this way - the RGT cars are RWD and generally have more BHP than the Group B RWD cars. If you don't have any DLC, then let's just say they have about 50-100% more power than the H3 RWD cars. You may have to redefine what is "acceptable throttle control" for this class of cars.

Throttle control is a universal problem in this game that I've talked about in our secret place. Apparently it confuses the **** out of people when I say the first 40% of throttle input is completely disregarded, and then after that it acts like an on/off switch. I have... 10 racing games currently installed on my PC, including Assetto Corsa, BeamNG, Dirt 2, Flatout 2, Grid 2, Grid Autosport, Project Cars 2, and The Crew. I have at least 5 other racing games currently not installed, including Dirt Rally 1, Dirt3, Dirt 4, GTR2/Race07 and all of it's DLC, Project Cars 1, F1... 2015 I think, and DR2 is the only one with throttle that acts like a binary switch at the 50% input.

That makes it not very good in my opinion. The BMW around Dirtfish was just like "Grip? What's that?" and spun in circles. I can drift fairly reliably in most other games, but I have no throttle control in this.

8 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The new bmw it’s very stable and responsive,when you find the right setup ,even on gravel ,it’s fast as the Porsche (that have surprised me...) Imo the most important aspect of the setup it’s lower the diff. Value. To have a smoother power release.

Also in my opinion the r-gt cars need to be hard to drive...that’s a good and accurate thing

I didn't drive it on tracks, just scooted around Dirtfish, but it refused to grip. The complete lack of throttle control doesn't help.

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Just playing around in DirtFish I could keep the tires spinning in full hoonigan drift mode all the way through 5th gear. It was just nuts. Literally started spinning the wheels on spawn in, and was still spinning them as I entered the warehouse, 20 seconds later.

NO! This car is great, you shut up! Tons of grip!

3 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Thanks y'all, when I got outta work I'll draw it up.  It utilizes both the jump and the water splash in it, the water splash being the joker route.

Having a water splash in the Joker route sounds like a GREAT idea. I can still see that going horribly wrong, but if you manage to get the drivers to slow down enough, so that they won't rip the floor off with water, it'd be awesome... 

• Like 1

man, who else here can't wait for Greece!?

very excited for it and the kit cars 🙂

edit: i was less into the 01 focus and impreza because I've already driven the C4, 07 Focus, 08 Impreza & Fabia more than 1400km in DR2... which is easily more than any other class except maybe R5

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

It would be nice to start the online events in the evening instead of 12 noon
Since I work during the day I have only afternoon and evening time

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I think that's unlikely to happen now. Best I can do for you: 

28629569298_582432d02d_b.jpg

48017578146_ac560ba6f7_b.jpg

This is exactly what I kinda meant actually, I thought the Tidemand/Eklund car was just an old Andretti/VWoA car, not it's own thing.  Seeing the little differences between the two is really neat.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

This is exactly what I kinda meant actually, I thought the Tidemand/Eklund car was just an old Andretti/VWoA car, not it's own thing.  Seeing the little differences between the two is really neat.

No, it is its own thing. The Eklund Beetle was one of the first Supercars to make use of the "custom" engine regulations when they brought them in a few years ago. 

The Andretti Beetle uses a VW Motorsport engine, the same engine also went into the PSRXVW Polo (though obviously with a different configuration cooling package). 

7 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

No, it is its own thing. The Eklund Beetle was one of the first Supercars to make use of the "custom" engine regulations when they brought them in a few years ago. 

The Andretti Beetle uses a VW Motorsport engine, the same engine also went into the PSRXVW Polo (though obviously with a different configuration cooling package). 

This one I knew just by the awkward farting sound the anti-lag makes on those motors.

😂 "awkward farting sound" 😂😂

Sorry, Is there one that is not awkward?  So sorry

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mwoodski said:

I made a fun lil rallycross track on the Dirtfish Freeroam map.  Anyone got a screenshot of the loading screen so I can draw it out for y'all?

Here it is.  Typical WRX colors.  Gray is asphalt, yellow dirt, pink Joker.  I don't know if it's long enough but yeah.

dirtfishrx.png

Edited by mwoodski
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, mwoodski said:

This one I knew just by the awkward farting sound the anti-lag makes on those motors.

I miss that sound (the PSRXVW Polo, not awkward farting). It is so distinctive, you knew exactly when one of those cars was on the grid! 

• Agree 1

On 9/3/2019 at 12:22 PM, JorritVD said:

Incorrect. You want “DiRT Stage Rally”. Rally is a generic sports word. Same as Sportscar racing is also both Endurance and Sprint racing with Prototypes and GTs. Same as circuit racing with Endurance racing and Formula 1. 

So for Rally you also have different types, including stage rallying, cross-country, rallycross. 

You probably disagree with me, but Rally is much bigger than just Rally.

yes, with the utmost respect. Rally is rally. rallycross is another discipline, rally raid, hillclimb still a different discipline. Gt, DTM ect other disciplines. The word Rally identifies purely the Rally
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

On 9/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, StratosZero said:

Are you kidding me? Deceptive? It literally has the WRX logo on the front cover. These "ha, gotcha" posts are getting more and more desperate as time passes... :classic_rolleyes:

WRX is a stupid discipline for drift and car contacts

lovers. it is not RALLY

Edited by ale81udine
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 10

5 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Here it is.  Typical WRX colors.  Gray is asphalt, yellow dirt, pink Joker.  I don't know if it's long enough but yeah.

dirtfishrx.png

I might tweet that out later, looks neat 🙂 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 10:11 PM, AlexSpartan316 said:

Look at that beauty...can’t wait!

i hope it have full race spec interiors like the Porsche r-gt 

even if it runs in Australia (BMW M2) there is no FIA homologation for rallies, in Italy these gran turismo do not run, only rally cars. perhaps in a year in over 100 rallies only one Camaro has happened. other garbage ever.

Edited by ale81udine
  • Disagree 6

I would certainly like to see the Lotus Exige, Abarth 124 and Porsche Cayman join the class. The Exige and 124 were/have been FIA homologated and I believe that the Cayman is forthcoming. That being said, I don't mind the fictional ones - they populate the class even further and are a bit of good fun - although I'll admit I'm one of the club who thought that the Beetle was a fun addition to CMR2005!

Exige-R-GT-26-6-12.jpg

20258_p1_s_1.jpg

M19_0120_fine.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

for you soup, for us purists only real rally. live and sim. good day ( my photo. 55° Rally del Friuli 30/31-08-2019( italian championship, historic italian and european championships)

IMG_20190829_163951.jpg

IMG_20190829_155829.jpg

IMG_20190829_155749.jpg

IMG_20190829_161121.jpg

IMG_20190829_162806.jpg

IMG_20190829_154543.jpg

IMG_20190829_164545.jpg

IMG_20190828_111558.jpg

IMG_20190828_083842.jpg

Edited by ale81udine
  • Disagree 2

20 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

yes, with the utmost respect. Rally is rally. rallycross is another discipline, rally raid, hillclimb still a different discipline. Gt, DTM ect other disciplines. The word Rally identifies purely the Rally

So the 'Rally Dakar' (A Rally Raid) was never even a Rally in your mind, despite being labeled as Rally. 

So DR2 has made the same mistake as the Rally Dakar in being deceptive to what is offered. Think about all those poor souls, going to watch Rally Dakar. They expected the trucks would go on forest roads and not cross country with nor regards for roads. Also those trucks were nowhere close to a proper homologated Rally car they knew from History. they all went home very sad, cause that wasnt the thing the 'Rally Dakar' sign promised to them.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Malling said:

Mi piacerebbe sicuramente vedere Lotus Exige, Abarth 124 e Porsche Cayman unirsi alla classe. Exige e 124 erano / sono stati omologati dalla FIA e credo che il Cayman sia imminente. Detto questo, non mi dispiace quelli immaginari - popolano ulteriormente la classe e sono un po 'molto divertenti - anche se ammetterò di essere uno dei club che pensava che il Maggiolino fosse un'aggiunta divertente al CMR2005 !

Exige-R-GT-26-6-12.jpg

20258_p1_s_1.jpg

M19_0120_fine.jpg

yes Lotus and Fiat 124 Abarth in class RGT, agree 1000%

Edited by ale81udine
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Speaking of Rally Raid, I remember Dakar/Rally Raid cars being a part of the series!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, ale81udine said:

yes lotus and Fiat 124 Abarth in class RGT, agree 1000%

It also helps that I'm a sucker for anyhting Lotus - Cortina and Sunbeam included.
Something for H2 RWD (Cortina) and H3 RWD (Sunbeam), perhaps? 🤔

1 minute ago, Malling said:

It also helps that I'm a sucker for anyhting Lotus - Cortina and Sunbeam included.
Something for H2 RWD (Cortina) and H3 RWD (Sunbeam), perhaps? 🤔

renault 5 turbo is historic, BMW 2002 TI, Subaru legacy Sedan, fiat Ritmo 130 abarth, Alfa Romeo Gtam,CHRYSLER SUMBEAM LOTUS,ALFA ROMEO ALFETTA GTV,FIAT 127 SPORT, Fiat 112 abarth,RENAULT R5 ALPINE,VOLVO 122,FORD SIERRA RS COSWORTH 4wd ect...

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

thieves who ask for money for a 50% recycled game.

Oh, are you one of those who think that porting the cars tracks only requires the CTRL, C and V keys and therefore nobody should be paid for their work in improving the content and making it compatible with DR2?

Edited by Malling
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1