DiRTy Gossip

Speaking of improving previous locations, Greece can be run in the rain this time 😉 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 8

45 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Speaking of improving previous locations, Greece can be run in the rain this time 😉 

Really? Nice implementation 😀

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I might tweet that out later, looks neat 🙂 

Twitter handle is the same as my username here. 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Here it is.  Typical WRX colors.  Gray is asphalt, yellow dirt, pink Joker.  I don't know if it's long enough but yeah.

dirtfishrx.png

Cool, going to give this a try later on!

Edited by richie
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

Twitter handle is the same as my username here. 😉

May not tag you directly but will mention by name. Have to be wary sometimes when tagging somebody on an account with 50k subscribers 😉 

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

May not tag you directly but will mention by name. Have to be wary sometimes when tagging somebody on an account with 50k subscribers 😉 

gimme all those followers!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I might tweet that out later, looks neat 🙂 

41 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

gimme all those followers!!!!

I supplied the screenshot! Give me some followers too!! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

In other news, Mr. The Block this week nearly ran over his camera crew on vacation.

I'd link the video, but most of it is just wakeboarding. Just imagine him getting bored and the incurable urge to kill someone overtakes him.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Here it is.  Typical WRX colors.  Gray is asphalt, yellow dirt, pink Joker.  I don't know if it's long enough but yeah.

dirtfishrx.png

Very cool @mwoodski, though you missed the opportunity to run through the building!

8 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Very cool @mwoodski, though you missed the opportunity to run through the building!

That's exactly what I was thinking!! A 2nd track using the warehouse as a joker would be awesome. Maybe have the main circuit loop around the warehouse counterclockwise, then have the Joker entry use the southern entrance but have to take a right inside the warehouse and exit the east garage doors to rejoin? Then hit the big jump and loop all the way back around.

Wait scratch that, maybe main circuit is through warehouse and out the north door, while joker is all the way around the warehouse before linking back up?? Still want to find a way to use that donut ring at the top of the map, or the airstrip (??) up the narrow little path on the southern side.

Edited by Mike Dee

17 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

That's exactly what I was thinking!! A 2nd track using the warehouse as a joker would be awesome. Maybe have the main circuit loop around the warehouse counterclockwise, then have the Joker entry use the southern entrance but have to take a right inside the warehouse and exit the east garage doors to rejoin? Then hit the big jump and loop all the way back around.

Wait scratch that, maybe main circuit is through warehouse and out the north door, while joker is all the way around the warehouse before linking back up?? Still want to find a way to use that donut ring at the top of the map, or the airstrip (??) up the narrow little path on the southern side.

...or just copy the GRC layout! :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Too predictable!

It's also a fairly dangerous pinch point that could lead to a bad situation if a few cars wreck and block the track in there.

Edited by mwoodski

3 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

@tbtstt is it this one? Trying to do a quick google search wasn't helping...

dirtfish.jpg

That's the one @Mike Dee! One of my favourite GRC layouts. 

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

Too predictable!

It's also a fairly dangerous pinch point that could lead to a bad situation if a few cars wreck and block the track in there.

Dangerous? The GRC never believed in that word! To be fair the tunnel is very gimmicky, but I thought the cars looked (and sounded) great going through it. 

5 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Dangerous? The GRC never believed in that word! To be fair the tunnel is very gimmicky, but I thought the cars looked (and sounded) great going through it. 

If it were a fantasy GRC layout there would have been a few crossover jumps and they'd somehow end up racing on the roof of the building, don't you worry.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

@tbtstt is it this one? Trying to do a quick google search wasn't helping...

dirtfish.jpg

Think that's one of the layouts in Project Cars 2, it's pretty fun to drive on but the shorter Joker can be, *ahem*, exploited...

It'd be fun to drive with DR2.0's physics for sure

38 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Think that's one of the layouts in Project Cars 2, it's pretty fun to drive on but the shorter Joker can be, *ahem*, exploited...

It'd be fun to drive with DR2.0's physics for sure

"You jumped the start, so you have to take two Jokers"
"No problem, I'll just take the joker every lap because there's mo penalty in doing so!" 😛

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

If it were a fantasy GRC layout there would have been a few crossover jumps and they'd somehow end up racing on the roof of the building, don't you worry.

The first time the GRC was at Dirtfish it did have a crossover, (though they missed the roof driving option).

I much preferred the above layout though.