DiRTy Gossip

19 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

yesterday I have tried wrc 8 (with a proper steering wheel) guys...don't buy it...just...just don't buy it 😂

THANKS FOR INFORMATION!! ΧΑΧΑ

12 hours ago, Malling said:

"You jumped the start, so you have to take two Jokers"
"No problem, I'll just take the joker every lap because there's mo penalty in doing so!" 😛

It would have been more ironic if the penalty for taking two jokers was to take ANOTHER joker... 

• Haha 2

Saw a post on Facebook that reminded me about this classic EsCos livery...

JOUmnxnL.jpg

...appearing in CMR2005. Would love to see CM bring this one back as another bonus livery!

• Like 7
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

yesterday I have tried wrc 8 (with a proper steering wheel) guys...don't buy it...just...just don't buy it 😂

I bought it, and for me it's a good game, much better than wrc 7 ... DR2.0 is better, of course, but it's a really suitable game for a rally fan.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Saw a post on Facebook that reminded me about this classic EsCos livery...

JOUmnxnL.jpg

...appearing in CMR2005. Would love to see CM bring this one back as another bonus livery!

Another reason to give us the option of Aux. Lights anytime of the day.  Love these

3 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I suggest you also sell Dirt rally 2.0, and drive only on RBR mod. CZ or World 😎

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 5

differences between Dirt rally 2.0 and WRC8:

DR2 better for: sound cars, 60fps console, rally cars list (wrc plus no license cause,ok), physics gravel,not tarmac

WRC8 better for: PURE RALLY, looks special stage and landscape more real, license official, carrer mode, perk ability team, dynamic wheater, open world for testing car, real damage (no car deformation, intended breaking components that affect driving, DR has fake hardcore damage. in WRC8 after two crashes against a tree you can have real steering problems, stay with a gearbox failure, immediate withdrawal due to engine failure. the night is really total darkness. staying without additional headlights means not seeing the road. impossible to continue the special stage, puddles  create an real aquaplaning effect, FFB is not ridiculous, the results influence team morale, as well as personal moral. you can be fired from the team. the game is not boring, because it is not only driving, but also a managerial part. 

neither of the two titles is a simulator, they have strengths and weaknesses. real pilots all know they only use RBR. the difference is that WRC is pure rally
Edited by ale81udine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 7

There are many, who like to feel somewhat frustrated by a game, that always "things happen" until finally (after 11 years) you learn to the millimeter every ******* stretch ..

Hence, much "old school" rbr lover still resists recognizing the obvious and insists on "the first statement" of all rbrlover = RBR is better because it is more simulator :)) (and God exists because it says so. Bible).

That rbr is a little more frustrating they will have wanted to say ... because for them frustrating is synonymous with simulation and nothing can be more wrong. Get in your real car and put it at 80/100 on a narrow and winding stretch, if they are good, nothing will happen to you. It is more notice that your car is a "lousy simulator" :))) because it brakes, bends, turns, etc. and everything does well and without problems in front of the virtual cars of rbr that are not capable of doing anything right ... for example leaving the rail and demonstrating that it has suspension, or making a simple 90º turn without having to pull Ebrake .

Personally I can become a good masoca if a Dirt Rally frustrates me a little precisely because I enjoy as a dwarf all the winding road that leads me there .. but this although it is very pleasant in a Simulator like Dirt Rally was very far to be it with a game like rbr: without immersion, without good sound, without good graphics, WITHOUT GOOD REALISTIC PHYSICS (weight, suspension, box, direction, etc etc).

Because let's recognize it, "the reference" in rally (for the majority at least) so far was RBR, and it is therefore necessary to establish a comparison with it, in order to locate dirt rally.

To establish a parallel, comparing Dirt Rally with RBR would be like comparing Grand Prix 2 with F1 2015.

There can be no real "simulation" without minimally credible physics (weight, inertia, suspension, box, direction, turns, etc. etc. etc. and why not, without decent graphics and sound up. And in RBR there were no ..
here everything is different, much more credible (I'm not going to commit the sacrilege - that if they committed the rbrlovers) to say that I feel "real" to Dirt Rally ... reality will always remain quite far, but certainly this is close Much more..

That huge incongruity has never been able to explain it. You have a game where World Rally Champion Richard Burns has collaborated in his physics, and the first thing you try to make a mod is to "improve" them ..? who are you ... Colin Mc. RAe..Loeb..Ogier?

The only argument of the rbrlovers is that rbr would be "more simulator" (than any other) for "the sensations it transmits", which "would be given" by the FFb-given that by its graphic shameless and impossible sounds ..

The enormous contradiction of this, is that according to his theory, one can see a scary stroller ... moving like a cockroach in an oil stain and sounding like a blender and rubbed burlap (skidding) and still believe that it is a real car through what the steering wheel transmits to us .... GREAT !! :)))

The truth is that simulating reality is a complex science, just ask Boing engineers how their simulators do.

Reality has infinite "pixels" and if we want to simulate it, we must start from more than respectable graphics (see IRacing..Assetto Corsa..etc) was not really a "simulator" Grand Prix Two ... although in its time the rbrlovers of those times they would like to see it, just as RBR is not ... well, it does not mimic well ... it does not look like anything real ... it sounds awful, it moves awful and to top it all up so many arcade details that cause me I refuse to just see it on the screen namely: the numerous "canned" as well as the same four uncles who always help us to return to the rail ..

The "rail" itself, which is forbidden to get out of (even in the WRC saga one can dodge any tree and pass behind if it suits him better = that is realism .. that the game returns you to the rail if you try it is Arcade ... that the car stops you "in punishment" if you step outside as in Assetto is also arcade and worse, it is copied from Grid Autosport. Let the cars jump off the rail as if they had no suspension ... it is also arcade ... that have bionic acceleration is too.

That artificially it will be difficult to walk slowly ... Arcade. Let the signaling flags lend themselves more to confusion than to indicate the tracing green ... arcade.
That a WRC of 300Hp can be "entangled" with something to step out of the lane ... arcade. In short, what does it imitate well rbr? .. well nothing.

For me, the only thing he does well is to pretend to be a fourth-class arcade game.
Because if "physical" refers ... worse yet, it does not fit one .. subgirar does not subgira ... credible box does not have. Uffff engine brake even less. Direction? If you pull Ebrake and if you don't ****. Suspension? broken .. Weight .. what's that? technique in the turns ... and that?

A true Simulator can never be a game where one has to make the effort to IMAGINE EVERYTHING! because the little game itself doesn't give you anything to take from you
I mean ... one runs on IRacing and you have a credible car ... with a more credible dashboard ... that sounds almost real ... and behaves like a real car ... that's simulation.

If you have something that looks like a car (sometimes you don't even see it according to which camera you will only see the floor) and if you see it even worse ... you wish you hadn't seen it ... and you have to imagine everything ... even the sound , the suspension, acceleration etc, but it costs a lot more to imagine something you actually see and hear but in bad shape ... if it is understood.

Edited by Keko55
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, gfRally said:

Another reason to give us the option of Aux. Lights anytime of the day.  Love these

And this livery too.

ea2c53c02bdcdfedcfa5ec7b756f692c.jpg

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ale81udine said:

DR2 better for: sound cars, 60fps console, rally cars list (wrc plus no license cause,ok), physics gravel,not tarmac

WRC8 better for: PURE RALLY, looks special stage and landscape more real, license official, carrer mode, perk ability team, dynamic wheater, open world for testing car, real damage (no car deformation, intended breaking components that affect driving, DR has fake hardcore damage. in WRC8 after two crashes against a tree you can have real steering problems, stay with a gearbox failure, immediate withdrawal due to engine failure. the night is really total darkness. staying without additional headlights means not seeing the road. impossible to continue the special stage, puddles  create an real aquaplaning effect, FFB is not ridiculous, the results influence team morale, as well as personal moral. you can be fired from the team. the game is not boring, because it is not only driving, but also a managerial part. 

neither of the two titles is a simulator, they have strengths and weaknesses. real pilots all know they only use RBR. the difference is that WRC is pure rally

You forget to mention that dirt rally 2 now has VR. For me the reason to not even try wrc8.

2 hours ago, ale81udine said:

DR2 better for: sound cars, 60fps console, rally cars list (wrc plus no license cause,ok), physics gravel,not tarmac real pilots all know they only use RBR. the difference is that WRC is pure rally

WRC 8 has better tarmac physics than DR2.0?

BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I think there's been a bit of 'patriotism' rearing its head over WRC 8, mon dieu!

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Please guys...let’s stop the “RBr vs DR2.0 vs WRC” war...

Yeah agree. Each has his own plus and minus points, but also 'us' have different ideas about the games and what is oist important in a game.

The more games the more everybody can find one that suits him/her.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Very cool @mwoodski, though you missed the opportunity to run through the building!

Oh look, Mr. The Block sabotages his own race, just so he could ruin a competitors position and ensure he doesn't end in last, which he inevitably would've otherwise.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

I bought it, and for me it's a good game, much better than wrc 7 ... DR2.0 is better, of course, but it's a really suitable game for a rally fan.

Yeah, I bet it doesn't even have any other ridiculous BS disciplines. Just all rally.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Jake Cushing said:

I think there's been a bit of 'patriotism' rearing its head over WRC 8, mon dieu!

Not really, it does actually seem to do tarmac better than DR2.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, caerphoto said:

Not really, it does actually seem to do tarmac better than DR2.

Are you able to define 'better' there Caerphoto?

I've found a herky, jerky mess with rubbish collision responses (the car 'shifts' to the left or right if it bumps any protuberance, rather than reacting with a realistic momentum change). Happy to provide a video down the track.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, pyide said:

What was in today's 4.8GB Steam update?

Did they forget to include Greece with the 1.8 patch which said those files were added? I can't find any details.

It seems like that last patch wasn't consistent for everyone. I don't know if this is 100% true, as CM would need to verify, but I do know a few people who were talking about a 9gb patch back with 1.8, while others talked about a 4.5gb update. So it sounded like a few people were getting the full patch while others were getting a half patch (and I think one of those full patch players was a beta tester)

caerphoto

RBR= Simulation Urban legend= Weightless cars, no realistic suspension... unreal gearbox... 

D.R 2= The best current simulation, and tangible= Realistic weight, realistic suspension... real gearbox... not a matter of taste, but of quality.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Jake Cushing said:

To defend my fellow countryman, he's italian while the WRC8 developer, Kylotonn, is French. So that's definitely not patriotism. I haven't tried any WRC game so I can't comment further 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

It seems like that last patch wasn't consistent for everyone. I don't know if this is 100% true, as CM would need to verify, but I do know a few people who were talking about a 9gb patch back with 1.8, while others talked about a 4.5gb update. So it sounded like a few people were getting the full patch while others were getting a half patch (and I think one of those full patch players was a beta tester)

I'm a tester. Mine was 9gb. I complained about it.

• Like 1