DiRTy Gossip

1 minute ago, ebarbs27 said:

Yeah I'm getting this too 👍 @PJTierney

Ah ok cool, glad it’s not just me. Thanks for tagging pj

• Agree 1

I lost ALL my progress due a connection failure!! Hundreds of hours playing this game and now I don't have any credit, any car, NOTHING!!

How is that possible!? Never happened to me!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

Is Racenet playing up for anyone at the moment? It was working fine for me this morning But now it says “communicating with RaceNet” for ages. Then it just takes me back to the main menu screen, with 0 credits. Have tried restarting the game a few times now 😩

I’ve had the “racenet is unavailable” before but never this. I’m guessing something is up with the server and probably won’t be sorted till they go back to work tomorrow (based on previous issues).

I’m also getting an error saying “your My Team Rallycross championship has been reset, because a discrepancy between local and RaceNet save data was detected”.

I haven’t played RX since about March so that’s a pretty random message.

So annoying

I am on ps4 btw 

Yeah, isn't it great when single player content is behind server side issues?

• Agree 2

Just now, JZStudios said:

Exactly, that’s the crux of the issue. When this happens it really brings the “always online” career mode decision to light. if the servers were bulletproof it wouldn’t be an issue. 

1 minute ago, JZStudios said:

Its my favorite thing ever. Good to know I'll be able to play this game when they inevitably kill servers. 

FTR - Same issues here 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

The career if you can call it that is in a category like the online events .....
That was not the case with Dirt Rally and Dirt 4, there were career and online events separated

7 hours ago, ianism said:

if we really are getting two new locations, I'm willing to bet one of them is Spa RX. hopefully the other isn't the CotA RX track though lol

3 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I'd love to think we'll get Spa RX, but i've seen mentioned twice, "have you seen how much they charge for rights?"

It indeed seems Spa RX is expensive to get it into the game due to licensing. That has been mentioned and hinted. 

Also I think it is pretty unsure at the moment there will be also new seasons (also hinted of PJT in the car suggestion topic). It is clear to say that the WRX 2019 season DLC is supported by IMG as promotor of the series. As ussual with most of the games the amoung of players slowly decreases when its lifetime gets longer. So the chance will be smaller there will be more DLC after "YEAR ONE", although I surely hope there will be more content 🙂 

Talking about more RX tracks. Could I suggest the following ones:

Hockenheim. Already in Automobilista, so I would understand that maybe the licensing costs of that will be lower, the track available with the F1 games makes it also easier to build and it was part of World RX in the past.

Eurocircuit Valkenswaard. According to WIKI it was the first ever RX build track. There were already RX tracks, but those were adjusted racing circuit. Valkenswaard was the first build RX track only made for RX. I think licensing costs will be close to 0 and it is a fan favorite track as far as I know with a lot of history.

3 hours ago, seecs2011 said:

Its my favorite thing ever. Good to know I'll be able to play this game when they inevitably kill servers.

Well you can always do the custom championships n stuff. It's not like The Crew, which is always online requirements for literally anything, so whenever Ubi decides to shut down the servers, unless they remove that requirement, that game is dead and gone forever.

29 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

It indeed seems Spa RX is expensive to get it into the game due to licensing. That has been mentioned and hinted. 

Also I think it is pretty unsure at the moment there will be also new seasons (also hinted of PJT in the car suggestion topic). It is clear to say that the WRX 2019 season DLC is supported by IMG as promotor of the series. As ussual with most of the games the amoung of players slowly decreases when its lifetime gets longer. So the chance will be smaller there will be more DLC after "YEAR ONE", although I surely hope there will be more content 🙂 

Talking about more RX tracks. Could I suggest the following ones:

Hockenheim. Already in Automobilista, so I would understand that maybe the licensing costs of that will be lower, the track available with the F1 games makes it also easier to build and it was part of World RX in the past.

Eurocircuit Valkenswaard. According to WIKI it was the first ever RX build track. There were already RX tracks, but those were adjusted racing circuit. Valkenswaard was the first build RX track only made for RX. I think licensing costs will be close to 0 and it is a fan favorite track as far as I know with a lot of history.

I'm not talking about like Year 2/Season 5 content DLC content. I agree with you, I'm not convinced anything like that is coming. I'm talking about (free?) Season 4 content in February. they've been hinting about that kind of stuff since the DirtFish Test location came out. plus there's the Steamdb stuff. we'll see, of course.

Hockenheim would be awesome. it is my favourite RX track. I don't see it happening though.

I can't overestimate how much goodwill Codies would generate for this series if they created a separate off-line career mode, as an addition to the current on-line one.

It would shake away the uneasy feeling that we do not actually possess a full game, despite having paid plenty for one.

Right now it feels like Codies are forcing us to rent a career mode (the guts of the game) until the next iteration of Dirt, and at some point we will be forced to discard this one. What happens in 20 years from now? Can Codies promise we will still be able to play a career of some sort in this game? 30?

'Oh, by then there'll be something much better' doesn't cut it. There was nothing better than RBR until now, and at any rate, the number of mods for that game still makes it worthwhile.

Plus a career mode where you do not have to look at the damn words 'connecting to Racenet' and experience the trouble as players above have just received, would be so good it would feel, well, like a normal freaking game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The offline career mode is there, but i agree, having at least the ability to do car purchasing and upgrades in the offline version would be a nice addition for some people.

Of course you could argue that once you've done that once, you don't care as much about buying and upgrading cars again, then you've just got what the offline career mode gives you?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

I can't overestimate how much goodwill Codies would generate for this series if they created a separate off-line career mode, as an addition to the current on-line one.

It would shake away the uneasy feeling that we do not actually possess a full game, despite having paid plenty for one.

ya, I want something like Dirt 3-4. which uses garage and cash and which includes all the DLC.

• Agree 1

14 часов назад ebarbs27 сказал:

Да, я тоже это получаю 👍 @PJTierney

Steam platform. I support. Infinite connection.

What I said about Career before 😄 Only thing I want to add to it, is that the career should be completly seperated to the My Team stuff.

I wouldn't mind that data from the career would go to Racenet, but if there is no connection, than it not should cause issues. 

On 7/25/2019 at 5:21 PM, JorritVD said:

Although i am not really a fan of the PS3 and PS4 gen WRC games, the career mode seems to be interesting developed and I think parts of it can be well implemented in the DiRT series, but possible even better in the DiRT series, because you not forced to the WRC scheduele and have next to rally also rallycross. 

Managing a team and driver career

I understand that it is forced you need to manage a team as well in WRC8, but in real life that is a lot of times not the case. I think it would be better you would have the option to also manage a team. But a lot of drivers have a sponsor package and pay a seat for a championship or event. F.e. Anton Marklund has a family team, but drives for GCK.

Choosing which events your participate in. 
I think this is a good feature, but for example if i choose to a full ERX Supercars, I should also be able to do a few one off WRX events or a local event or a rally championship. But I shouldn't be able to do the Höljes WRX events, because than also the ERX event takes place at Höljes. Also the amount of events you participate in depends on regulations and on the amount of sponsorship package.

Money / Sponsorship
There is no talk about it how it works.

But for DiRT I would imagine you can sign with sponsors and the possible maximum amount they want to sponsor is 850.000

if you rent a team/car than (depending which team/car) f.e.
the costs for an EuroRX event = 100.000
the costs for an WorldRX event = 125.000

It is not possible to do the full WRX season, because that costs are to high = 1.125.000, and you can only do 6 events.
So instead you do a full EuroRX (6x100.000 = 600.000) and two WRX events (2x125.000) and have 8 events for the season planned. You can also invest money in testing/sponsor days to upgrade the car and stuff. 

Also in this case the livery editor will get a good valuable position again. It can go in different ways. If you have Red Bull as main sponsor, there will be certain set of location where the sponsor logos will be displayed, but with alternatives. Also you can than choose f.e. if the Red Bull stickers need to have a chrome, glossy or matte effect. The base of the car still can have different lay-outs and colors as well. 

Maybe during the season you will get an invitation for a GroupB historic rallycross event and maybe a sponsor gives extra money to enter in a local event. Or maybe get a call te replace a injured WRX driver (f.e. what Joni Wiman did for Niclas Grönholm).

ofcourse you can do a lot of paremeters. If you rent a Hansen Peugeot, than maybe a seasons costs double or triple compared if you rent the older less competive Ford Fiesta from the less experienced Xite Racing team. Basically you have two parameters here for a team (A = experienced top team / E = beginner team) and for the car (A = Car well mainted and latest upgrades / E = Older car with no upgrades. Under it there are more parameter

But maybe also can go for the option to manage a team. You buy a older Polo or Fiesta for 300.000 euro. Than the costs for the events are lower, but you also need to repair the car costs and do maintenance or buy upgrades. You start probably as an E team and with a E car, but ofcourse this will be more upgraded (what already happened in D4 and DR2), but when upgraded also results in extra costs a season (because experienced team or upgrades costs money). So maybe in the beginning the salary is just 100.000 a season, but when it is a top team, maybe it costs 500.000 a year, next to the investments for training and stuff and hiring more people.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

What I said about Career before 😄 Only thing I want to add to it, is that the career should be completly seperated to the My Team stuff.

I wouldn't mind that data from the career would go to Racenet, but if there is no connection, than it not should cause issues. 

the carreer should be copletly offline , and like the opponents game is ,im not support their game since is **** , but i would like one carrer like that 

but as always CodeMasters wont give a .... about my idea ...

a carreer should start from the beggining and have all stages and all tracks ...this is just an online game ,that i play mostly 2 stages cause i dont want what cm choose for me to play 

and i dont want a carrer that their made  and i have to set 1 country and 12 stages one by one ....

Edited by nasoduko
  • Agree 1

@PJTierney may i ask is there chance we will get some livery for Focus 2007 RS Rally? and maybe for some other cars? (i dont mean d+ liveries)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, nasoduko said:

online again...

Well, it's an online competition after all you know. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, bogani said:

Well, it's an online competition after all you know. 

i like when people thinks there are smarter then others ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1