DiRTy Gossip

I hope that my Season Pass 3 & 4 works tomorrow at the latest.
Is the normal that is active until late?
In my Deluxe Season 1 & 2 worked immediately ....

9 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

The video is from a pirated version probably

ohh fine, i can't modding the skin of dlc cars for security, but pirated version can have the dlc before...codemasters! it's ridiculous!! give a possibility to mod the skin of dlc cars, the excuse of security it's stupid!

Edited by skylinegtr34

I bought Season Pass 3 & 4 for on Monday night. For PS4
My account does not recognize that ...
It would be very nice if the error is corrected

8 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Pretty sure I'm still the one with the most downvotes per posts, so I got that going for me.

In fact, at least 4 people didn't like the fact that I don't love the new BMW.

And now that I just looked at it, you can no longer go through and see what posts have been flagged by others like you could on the old forum. You can see all your recent notifications, but that won't even take you to the comment. Cool. I like literally nothing about the new forum, but at least they fixed the loading times.

And I prove my point by chukonoku disliking my post. Nice.

Big Green ChuChu

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

"Have you got the files for the SUBARU Impreza?"

"Which one!?"

Reminds me when I worked at a restaurant and there was like 5 Chris's and 2 of them had the same last name.

"You know where Chris is?"

"Which one?"

"The Waiter."

"...which one?"

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mike Dee said:

@JZStudios he's just helping you pump up those numbers!

The Subaru numbers aren't enough yet. Those are rookie numbers. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

The Subaru numbers aren't enough yet. Those are rookie numbers. 

I don't think anything really carried over from the old forums, especially considering there's new "flags" now. I have no idea how member reputation works, or why mine is so low, but whatever.

Haha, I have 3,500 posts, chu-chu has 500, pretty sure he talks a lot of ****, and has the same member rep as me.

I'll take that with pride. Biggest, most disliked member.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I'll take that with pride. Biggest, most disliked member.

I just think a lot of your sarcasm just sails WAYYY over a lot of the less frequent and new member's heads. Either way, rep that **** with pride!

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

I just think a lot of your sarcasm just sails WAYYY over a lot of the less frequent and new member's heads. Either way, rep that **** with pride!

Yeah, that and other cultures/languages don’t always translate joking well.   Had a French friend for a while, man his jokes were the worst, didn’t get them at all.  So it’s all in the same.

@JZStudios helped you out in the downvoted quest.   

Edited by gfRally

@ PJTierney ¿Planea verificar el desgaste de los neumáticos? Participo en clubes y nunca se justifica ir con neumáticos que no sean neumáticos blandos, duran mucho. Los medios y los duros no están justificados. ¿Lo revisan o está terminado y evalúan así?

@CMMcBabe

@ matthewhorsman

@MrJamieLowes

Edited by elrojodp8
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Probably. Happens in real life too. Also, when I do look at whoever downvotes me, 90% of the time it's someone with only a few posts.

56 minutes ago, gfRally said:

Yeah, that and other cultures/languages don’t always translate joking well.   Had a French friend for a while, man his jokes were the worst, didn’t get them at all.  So it’s all in the same.

Haha, there's a podcast called "Please Stop Talking" where the guys just get drunk and tell stories. One of them is French-Canadian and every story just ends up being how terrible he or the other French Canadians are as human beings.

Edit*

Holy ****, I've been here for a long time. I forgot that back in 2016 I was the first to vote for getting @tbtstt a free PS4 copy of Dirt Rally, since he was drooling all over us PC guys during the EA. You're still welcome Steve. They sent out an extra free copy just for you.

And wow, Chu-chu was around too. Guess he's just not very active.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Edit*

Holy ****, I've been here for a long time. I forgot that back in 2016 I was the first to vote for getting @tbtstt a free PS4 copy of Dirt Rally, since he was drooling all over us PC guys during the EA. You're still welcome Steve. They sent out an extra free copy just for you.

To show how much I appreciated you (and everyone else) voting for me, I have given you another down vote. 

(And, despite the free copy, I still went and bought a copy of DR1, as I am unable to resist a shiny steelbook!)

I'd say a good gauge now to see how long people have been around is to see how many remember Lee and how many remember the original forum. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I'd say a good gauge now to see how long people have been around is to see how many remember Lee and how many remember the original forum. 

I remember the F1 2010 forums 🙂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Greece talk can go here 🙂

My Season Pass 3 & 4 is not recognized and I'm not the only one
Do you care about the problem?
An answer would be very nice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

My Season Pass 3 & 4 is not recognized and I'm not the only one
Do you care about the problem?
An answer would be very nice

Nailed the passive aggressive there greylancer571...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, PJTierney said:

"Have you got the files for the SUBARU Impreza?"

"Which one!?"

That's one of the sweetest problems a rally game developer can have, isn't it? 

18 hours ago, caerphoto said:

I figured that, but why only 3 characters? Need to fit in a data structure or something?

3 characters, considering the 26 letters and the 10 digits, give out 42'840* possible different arrangements. Money for licensing would end WAYYY earlier than that I guess

*and yes, one of those actually is 22b

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@PJTierney ,

are there any chances that non-english co-drivers will be improved? Many notes have wrong angle, wrong translations, some notes in advance, others late.. and it's not a matter of adjusting them in game options..

Also in Greece I found a wrong note in Italian that I will report in bug-thread, it indicates a left hairpin while in reality it is right. English co-driver is correct, and much more accurate.

This game is fantastic, but these carelessness ruin it. If we talk about a rally game, the indications of co-driver are fundamental! I don't want to memorize a track because co-driver's notes are wrong, not in a rally game!

Thank's for attention, and sorry for my bad english.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I remember the F1 2010 forums 🙂 

I can't remember the exact timeframe for when the previous incarnation of the forums started. I recall them around the first DiRT, but can't remember how much they proceeded that by. I am sure I remember there being forum discussions about CMR2005, but that may have been around the time of the first DiRT rather than at the release of that game. 

Was it late 2013/early 2014 when the last forum disappeared and was replaced? 

25 minutes ago, carpa said:

That's one of the sweetest problems a rally game developer can have, isn't it? 

3 characters, considering the 26 letters and the 10 digits, give out 42'840* possible different arrangements. Money for licensing would end WAYYY earlier than that I guess

*and yes, one of those actually is 22b

Sure, but what I'm getting at is that over-abbreviating can sometimes be detrimental, and using slightly longer and more descriptive names helps maintainability. I'm not saying CM's devs are guilty of this, mind you – there could be very good reasons for only using 3 characters, and besides there's only ~60 cars so it doesn't matter much anyway; I expect it doesn't take long to learn/memorise what each one represents.

Edited by caerphoto

19 hours ago, caerphoto said:

I figured that, but why only 3 characters? Need to fit in a data structure or something?

AFAIK it is just that it is simple.

• Like 2