DiRTy Gossip

Would be great to see a quick play feature in multiplayer for rallycross and rally.  

• Agree 1

Hi! I read the forum for few weeks and finally created account because of M2. @PJTierney does a great job! I am really surprised of the quality because I came for Forza world where games are great but communication with fans is almost none. Currently I love Dirt rally 2 and the support on the forum is great. Good job!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

4 hours ago, Brenkidda said:

Would be great to see a quick play feature in multiplayer for rallycross and rally.  

mp area deffo needs to be quicker slicker. the lobbies are not optimal for setting up and its great playing mp with other players. often when im in with friends and try and just start it can disconnect and then you have to go set all the events up again. if you have done numerous events that is very frustrating.

mp is a great thing and needs to grow in the dirt rally games. just the execution of it at the moment.

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Agree 3

I've completed a long Greece stage once without terminal damage.

and that completion was with the RR and LF tires gone.

greece is hard.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dgeesi0 said:

mp area deffo needs to be quicker slicker. the lobbies are not optimal for setting up and its great playing mp with other players. often when im in with friends and try and just start it can disconnect and then you have to go set all the events up again. if you have done numerous events that is very frustrating.

mp is a great thing and needs to grow in the dirt rally games. just the execution of it at the moment.

If we are talking about MP can we also get a "ready" option after each stage that all players can check to expedite the process of moving on? Seriously, spending 30 seconds after everyone finished a stage gets old fast when you have a decent lobby of drivers who always race together. We're normally ready to move on 5 seconds after the last finishes, we don't need to wait around.

Then when an event ends, you've got something insane like a 60 second wait. WHY?! Seriously, why isn't there an option to just move on to the lobby/next event? Why do we need to sit there staring at useless info for 60 seconds?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Is that hardcopy on the right for real?

Yes :classic_biggrin:

I had no idea about this. Can't find it anywhere now.

Will there be another opportunity? Maybe with Year Two?

3 minutes ago, chukonu said:

I had no idea about this. Can't find it anywhere now.

Will there be another opportunity? Maybe with Year Two?

I believe it was limited to specific retailers and countries.

We've got a few spares, I wonder if I can arrange a giveaway or something in the future 🙂 

• Like 7

CM 2.0 was insanely entertaining, had excellent physics for its day, and on the PS1 was graphically quite incredible. 

Endless of hours playing CM2, even today I remember the perfect fealing of tarmac in a tight turn when you first doesn't feel nothing and then a lot of feedback when the tyres grip and you move forward.

Edited by bjornwestergren

At CM they were always visionaries in their time. The most advanced and realistic physics of the market. Added to its good graphics and sounds. Just see how well your games age. The sensations offered by this DR.2 are unpayable. Running on wet gravel is worth a prize. Dry too.

22 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

If we are talking about MP can we also get a "ready" option after each stage that all players can check to expedite the process of moving on? Seriously, spending 30 seconds after everyone finished a stage gets old fast when you have a decent lobby of drivers who always race together. We're normally ready to move on 5 seconds after the last finishes, we don't need to wait around.

Then when an event ends, you've got something insane like a 60 second wait. WHY?! Seriously, why isn't there an option to just move on to the lobby/next event? Why do we need to sit there staring at useless info for 60 seconds?

You say that but its handy for me when we run our sunday night lobby league, in which we publish a results book with individual times after the rally. Gives me enough time to take photos of the info I need!

1 hour ago, SquadBruce said:

You say that but its handy for me when we run our sunday night lobby league, in which we publish a results book with individual times after the rally. Gives me enough time to take photos of the info I need!

Yeah, but having the option for those that want it would still better than not having the option at all. You could still choose to not ready up until you have the info you need... What he proposed is a manual ready up check to skip the forced times, not an automatic skip or a shortened timer. And I 100% agree with him there, the forced waits with no option to skip when it's just my friend and I doing some laps is pretty ridiculous.

@DimJones yeah.. I love this section too. pity you failed on some of hairpins (usually too much speed and too less rotation on entry). Reverse course is lovely too, you can go through some hairpins without handbrake, just using scandinavian flick. I would like to see more such sections. Such turns followed by rapid elevation changes are superb experience in VR.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

Does the Porsche 911 RGT have too much  oversteer on asphalt? What do you think?

Edited by Keko55